PDA

View Full Version : TableTennisMaster DVD's?

VenusCarboKev
01-02-2012, 10:24 AM
hello :) i am new here.
I am curious,are the TableTennisMaster DVD's Good?,Are they worth the money?
particularly the FH Loop,Bh Loop and the Xtreme Footwork Conditioning ones.
and has anyone tried out the PingSkills DVD's?
or Killerspins Success in Table Tennis Series?
Thank You in advance :)

To buy products and to check them out click here: http://www.table-tennis-secrets.com

azlan
01-02-2012, 04:41 PM
I have the extreme footwork and explosive power dvds. I must say that they are indeed very very good.

VenusCarboKev
01-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Thanks For the Reply!
i have one question,does the Xtreme Footwork DVD really help in footwork?
i have all my strokes down and they are pretty good i would say..but my footwork sucks
while playing i get upset with myself because i find my self "dragging" or "sliding"
my other leg around while moving with my opposite leg.
i watched the trailer thing and it looks like exercises to help with footwork
but can you really apply them in real matches? im just a kid (15 years old) so
i was wondering should i get it and learn? because it pretty expensive for me
or should i just watch videos of Xu Xin and Ryu Seung Min etc..?
i really cant find any videos online that teach footwork.
Thanks! im sorry if its kinda long to read what i just wrote!

jedimasterplk
01-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Watch the 'how to improve footwork' thread on this forum - it has some great exercises and videos for footwork

WiWa
01-02-2012, 07:03 PM
The DVD's mostly contain exercises to improve your body strength and your game. So they are suitable for any level and age of player (the strength one maybe not always for young players). But the footwork exercises are just routines you can try to imply in your own practise sessions, to improve your footwork over the course of a couple of months maybe. I think trying to copy Ryu or Xu is a step too far :P

VenusCarboKev
01-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Watch the 'how to improve footwork' thread on this forum - it has some great exercises and videos for footwork

Oh that's great! thanks for the recommendation :) ill go check it out

VenusCarboKev
01-02-2012, 07:15 PM
The DVD's mostly contain exercises to improve your body strength and your game. So they are suitable for any level and age of player (the strength one maybe not always for young players). But the footwork exercises are just routines you can try to imply in your own practise sessions, to improve your footwork over the course of a couple of months maybe. I think trying to copy Ryu or Xu is a step too far :P

haha by saying " just watch videos of Xu Xin and Ryu Seung Min" i didnt really mean to copy them :) just try to learn a bit because i really think my footwork sucks bad haha

WiWa
01-02-2012, 07:17 PM
haha by saying " just watch videos of Xu Xin and Ryu Seung Min" i didnt really mean to copy them :) just try to learn a bit because i really think my footwork sucks bad haha
Yea haha but what is more important for them is the enormous legs that make the footwork possible ;) It'll take time to improve on footwork, but be patient and u will benefit a lot in the long run :) Good luck!

azlan
01-03-2012, 09:29 AM
About the footwork dvds, I have to say it does help. After a few sessions, you'll feel that you're lighter on your feet, and getting into positions are much easier.

VenusCarboKev
01-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Oh,Ok thanks!

VenusCarboKev
01-03-2012, 10:55 AM
umm what do you guys think of this? this is the sneak peek for dynamictabletennis's backhandloop dvd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlJ_4zdaYhQ
should i try it out or would i be better off getting the one by tabletennismaster?
does it look good to you guys? im sorry i cant really tell
if he is very good or if he is just intermediate because i want to get the one which is better :)

VenusCarboKev
01-03-2012, 10:59 AM
here is the sneak peek for the table tennis master's backhand loop dvd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzRRqempq7Y
which one looks better to you guys? not the videoquality but
the teaching-learning quality

azlan
01-03-2012, 12:26 PM
The Dynamictabletennis video I think it's rather good for beginners and intermediate players. It has good fundamentals, but I don't advice it for advance and experts. It has basic tactics and basic BH that uses only arm and loads of wrist actions, which don't get me wrong, they are very sound and well executed.

In the TTMaster video, it looks like a more advance BH, which involves the torque of the body to produce more spin and speed. But then, it's no point learning from this video if you don't have the fundamentals as shown from the Dynamictabletennis video.:D

VenusCarboKev
01-03-2012, 12:50 PM
oh,thanks for the explanation..maybe ill try take a video
of me tomorrow and upload it then ill ask which one i should get :)
i have a decent backhand its just that away from the table
its not so powerful...actually im fine with my strokes its just that
i have read multiple posts from people saying "u dont want
to get good with a bad technique" or something like that so the
reason that i want to get these dvd's is because i want to learn
"proper techniques" i learned everything from my dad and
from pingskills and a few from ttedge and they all seem
to have different strokes so i dont know if my stroke is proper anymore
because im combining things i learned from alot of different
people and youtube tutorials thus the idea of getting a coaching
dvd came up :) haha because i really cannot afford real
coaching and the place i live in has no TT clubs...literally...! haha

EDIT:
hmmm so it seems i should get both and study the dynamics
then level up and study the tabletennismaster...
they seem like a good combo...haha nah idont think
thats necessary hahaha and it would cost more xD

azlan
01-03-2012, 01:09 PM
It's good to see that you're taking a lot of initiatives buddy. From what you said, I think you're quite a decent player. Techniques may vary a little buddy,according to style of play, find the ones that works for you and work on it. Remember, if it ain't broke,why fix it. Just improve it. :). If your shots found the table most of the time with a lot of spin, then you just work on your speed. Basically, taking it to the next level.
As being away from the table, my coach from the old days would always say, don't hesitate, just let it rip, be it your FH or BH. He was the no2 in the world back in the 60s and 70s, so he can't be wrong. hehehe I still say the same thing to the youngsters. Choose your balls, and hit the ball hard (spin and speed), and with loads of confidence. :)

YosuaYosan
01-03-2012, 02:00 PM
2 links for reference ;)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3inKrRCDiCY
http://tabletennis.about.com/od/basicstrokes/ss/bhloopvsblock.htm
dont forget to learn backhand topspin against backspin before going into the rally :)

VenusCarboKev
01-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the tips :) i just finished playing with my dad. im editing the video to get the best rally's because i kinda got sloppy because my dad was taking it easy on me so i got bored...so ill just upload the good ones on youtube then ill add the video here :)

VenusCarboKev
01-04-2012, 01:13 PM
After watching me play for the first time...hmmm i dont look as good as i thought :) hahahha

VenusCarboKev
01-04-2012, 02:14 PM
I noticed some i my serves may be considered illegal because i toss them back allitle hmmm this video shows so much difference from what was in my mind...oh and by the way...sorry the rallys arent so good...we have VERY limited space :)

WiWa
01-04-2012, 02:53 PM
When you see yourself on video it is always different than what you experienced during the play ;) I find myself very lazy when I watch myself in video's, but when I'm playing I feel like I'm going all out.

VenusCarboKev
01-04-2012, 02:58 PM
haha i never knew that :) i thought i crouch alot but then in the video im barely crouching hahah and i also thought my forehand looked good and my backhand looked bad...but it turns out its the opposite :) well thats in my opinion haha ..

EDIT: aww i just finished editing it but the actual match parts got dlted! but i have no more time because i still
have school in 6 hours...i didnt even sleep yet :( so i guess ill re-edit the video tomorrow...for now ill just upload
the warmup parts were i drill and stuff...it sucks i spent so much time on editing that :(
the vid is 1.4gigs so it might take a while to upload to utube

azlan
01-04-2012, 05:33 PM
I think you can convert it to a smaller file buddy...then again, I could be wrong :)

VenusCarboKev
01-05-2012, 08:03 AM
yeah i think ill do just that :) even though the quality will decrease...its better then me waiting more than 5 hours :) thanks for the tip

VenusCarboKev
01-05-2012, 10:03 AM
here it is :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NinwbYYnsIE&feature=youtu.be

my forehand stroke looks like a fail hahah sorry this is just the warm up one ill upload the game later

azlan
01-05-2012, 11:18 AM
You looked a lot better when you let it rip. Initially when the pace was slower, you had a bit of a problem keeping the rally going. ;) There's a simple explanation buddy.

You spin the ball all the time. Not that it is bad, but keeping the ball in play at a slower pace is a bit tricky, unless you're a really good player. You see buddy, just drive the ball and get into rhythm, just like what your dad is doing. But, at a higher tempo, you excel with your spin.

As for the crouching bit, I don't see anything wrong with what you're doing. like your Bh buddy. Thanx for posting. I enjoyed it :D

VenusCarboKev
01-05-2012, 11:36 AM
You looked a lot better when you let it rip. Initially when the pace was slower, you had a bit of a problem keeping the rally going. ;) There's a simple explanation buddy.

You spin the ball all the time. Not that it is bad, but keeping the ball in play at a slower pace is a bit tricky, unless you're a really good player. You see buddy, just drive the ball and get into rhythm, just like what your dad is doing. But, at a higher tempo, you excel with your spin.

As for the crouching bit, I don't see anything wrong with what you're doing. like your Bh buddy. Thanx for posting. I enjoyed it :D

Thank You! :) yeah just recently my dad's right hand got injured so he couldnt play with it for the whole month of december..so instead he used his left hand....and i had more trouble with his left hand then with his right hand because his left hand was alot slower...well atleast thats what he told me...what do you think would be better...to get the dvd's so i can get better...or get a cheap robot (maybe the robopong 1040) so i can drill for hours and get my stroke better? yeah i used to do drives only when i started but after 5 months of playing i realized my spins were more accurate....but i guess i should practice driving then? ill practice it so that its accurate :) but i still have a long way to go to become accurate with my strokes...this table tennis thing isnt quite in my muscle memory yet :)

EDIT: i just re-read your post...wait so its harder to spin when the ball is slow? ok thanks for the tip! so basically ill only spin when the ball is fast and when its slow ill drive it?Oh and im gonna upload the other video tomorrow because i forgot i have some assignments :) hehehe

azlan
01-05-2012, 12:41 PM
You are absolutely right, with spins, the shots are more accurate, But for warm up purposes, driving the ball is much better. It keeps the ball in play, and will help you to get into the groove for your drills later.

As your thoughts of getting robopong or dvds, don't you think robopong is a heck lot more fun than dvds? hehehe:D
Dvds are good for your development, no question about that, but you also need a good sparring partner. With a lot of pros, they can place the ball consistently to their feeders, but in your case, your returns might be a little erratic, making your sparring partner having to work harder keeping the ball in play for you.

There's no substitute to multiball feeding, if you don't mind picking the balls off the floor every time. If you do, then robopong is the next best thing, and just watch the tutorials from youtube..:Dhehehe

VenusCarboKev
01-05-2012, 01:04 PM
oh i see so the driving is just for drills...but its fine for me to spin in the actual game....but i think even in game ill try drive the ball when its slow because i usually miss when its slow and i try to spin it haha

yes i definitely think the robo pong would be much funner but for some reason i also enjoy watching videos...especially table tennis videos hahah ...but...robo pong it is :) i hope to get one soon!

azlan
01-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Oh yeah buddy, spin all you like!! hehehe just for warming up, driving the ball is better. So, when you start your training drills, you've warmed up properly and you'll be seeing the ball better, and not to mention, you will get your rhythm.

VenusCarboKev
01-07-2012, 10:06 AM
oh ok thanks! im trying to change my forehand stroke because i saw in the video its so ugly hahaha and its very inaccurate when i play...(sometimes it goes in somtimes it goes to the net and sometimes it goes out) so im paying attention to the pingskills tutorial on fh counterhit and forehand topspin because i never really paid attention to those because i THOUGHT my forehand was good :)...and about the robot....i saved up money for a TBS and 1 tenergy and a skyline 3 neo....but when i told my dad about the robot....he searched it and really liked the robo-pong 2050!! so he made a deal with me :) i pay half and he pays half :) so i wont get a new blade and rubbers for now....but i WILL get a decent robot :) even though it only does that 1 spin 1 speed thingy :) but i will probably get it by march :D cant wait!

azlan
01-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Ahh, the sometimes it goes long, sometimes it goes into the net conundrum. :D It's common with spins initially buddy. Until you get the hang of it, it will keep happening. The trick is to know why these things happen.

You see, not all balls that comes to you have the same rotation speed. You have to make adjustments every time. The easiest is do what I do, hit the ball between 1 and 2 o'clock, with spins. Brush the ball instead of hitting through it. If the ball bounces high, hit it at 1 o'clock, and if it's lower hit it at 2 o'clock. :o

VenusCarboKev
01-07-2012, 01:37 PM
ohh ok thanks!...i never knew that it would make such a difference if you hit it at 1-2 o clock since they r just so close.... i guess small milimeters are important huh?

azlan
01-08-2012, 05:15 AM
Oh yeah buddy, it makes a heck a lot of difference:) Initially, focus on the point of contact every time, rather than your placements.

YosuaYosan
01-08-2012, 06:52 AM
Oh if it hasn't been mentioned I would like to add that in warm up, don't use too much upper arm, use your lower arm for consistency instead :)

Great initiative Venus for posting the vid. Its always a joy for us to help.
Sir Az is a great mentor you should listen to him.

Matt Hetherington
01-08-2012, 07:18 AM
I just seen a trippy video of the chinese dude playing tt with all this different stuff like his watch and a baseball bat it's hillarious and really well done :P

VenusCarboKev
01-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Oh yeah buddy, it makes a heck a lot of difference:) Initially, focus on the point of contact every time, rather than your placements.

ok thanks! i think ill practice the point of cantact :) i never really knew about that haha!

VenusCarboKev
01-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Oh if it hasn't been mentioned I would like to add that in warm up, don't use too much upper arm, use your lower arm for consistency instead :)

Great initiative Venus for posting the vid. Its always a joy for us to help.
Sir Az is a great mentor you should listen to him.

oh okay! ill try that...actually ive been trying to do that ever since i saw myself playing in this video ...my stroke just looked to ugly for me hahah

haha thanks :) i just finished editing the video of our match...well...its just like a match for fun...so i didnt really put the points thing or anything... im uploading it to youtube right now....and my services seem illegal haha..yeah sir Azlan has been a GREAT help! thanks!

VenusCarboKev
01-08-2012, 04:11 PM
I just seen a trippy video of the chinese dude playing tt with all this different stuff like his watch and a baseball bat it's hillarious and really well done :P

haha i think ive seen that! is it the one where he unboxes a samsung camera? then he uses the batteries and stuff? and smashes eggs ? i kinda remember that haha

alexander_man
01-08-2012, 06:01 PM
oh okay! ill try that...actually ive been trying to do that ever since i saw myself playing in this video ...my stroke just looked to ugly for me hahah

haha thanks :) i just finished editing the video of our match...well...its just like a match for fun...so i didnt really put the points thing or anything... im uploading it to youtube right now....and my services seem illegal haha..yeah sir Azlan has been a GREAT help! thanks!

I'm afraid you're right, pal. Your serves ARE illegal. :cool: Actually, I had the same problem with my serves. You can also try to hide your shots as much as possible :) to reduce the opponent's time for reaction. :)

VenusCarboKev
01-09-2012, 06:41 AM
I'm afraid you're right, pal. Your serves ARE illegal. :cool: Actually, I had the same problem with my serves. You can also try to hide your shots as much as possible :) to reduce the opponent's time for reaction. :)

well its not really a problem for me because all i need to do is throw the ball higher sometimes...and sometimes throw it more vertical....also...isnt hiding the serve considered illegal??

alexander_man
01-09-2012, 02:54 PM
well its not really a problem for me because all i need to do is throw the ball higher sometimes...and sometimes throw it more vertical....also...isnt hiding the serve considered illegal??

I didn't mention the serve :confused: I meant you could wait as much as possible to see where will your opponent go, so you might finish the points a bit easier :)

Desto F3
05-29-2013, 08:45 PM
Hi
I am interested to have a copy of the Xtreme footwork conditioning and the Forehand loop Mastery DVD.
Does anyone can help me here by uploading them ?

Regards