PDA

View Full Version : Update on new ball Jan 2014

TTHopeful
02-24-2014, 11:38 PM
Extract from the minutes of the ITTF EC meeting on 9th January 2014 in Dubai, UAE:-

Plastic ball update: The Executive Committee noted that:

- Balls had been received from 3 Chinese companies (2 with seam, 1 without seam) and 1 from Japanese company (with seam) and all had failed the initial approval tests.

- Further approval tests would be undertaken once adjustments had been made.

- Balls would be available from 1 July 2014.

- The manufacturer of the ball without seam was not a sponsor of any ITTF event as the rights had been sold for events up to 2016.

- The balls were being tested by the players

agold
02-24-2014, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the info!

Bishop Rasta 27
02-25-2014, 01:37 AM
does that mean the one being sold by Palio has not been approved by the ittf yet?...i saw it on ttnpp.com up for sale already...

MegaZZ
02-25-2014, 08:32 AM
Extract from the minutes of the ITTF EC meeting on 9th January 2014 in Dubai, UAE:-

Plastic ball update: The Executive Committee noted that:

- Balls had been received from 3 Chinese companies (2 with seam, 1 without seam) and 1 from Japanese company (with seam) and all had failed the initial approval tests.

- Further approval tests would be undertaken once adjustments had been made.

- Balls would be available from 1 July 2014.

- The manufacturer of the ball without seam was not a sponsor of any ITTF event as the rights had been sold for events up to 2016.

- The balls were being tested by the players

If I understood this info all correctly, does that mean despite the fact all 4 companies (3 chinese and 1 japanese) have failed the initial tests ITTF still expects the new balls to roll out in July this year? Does that seem a touch too optimistic to others besides me. I would have thought given that it's already end of Feb that the release would have to be delayed...

Vardant
02-25-2014, 09:08 AM
So why are the DHS and Xushaofa balls on the ITTF approved list?

does that mean the one being sold by Palio has not been approved by the ittf yet?...i saw it on ttnpp.com up for sale already...
They are from last year, it was a prototype or something.

Steven
02-25-2014, 09:31 AM
Image removed due to stiga removing it.
Stiga just posted this on their Facebook.
Notice: "Optimum is ITTF approved."

massa
02-25-2014, 09:58 AM
I've tryed the Palio balls and they are really bad! Now I'm waiting for some Xushaofa to see how they perform...

Anders
02-25-2014, 10:46 AM
DHS, Double Fish and Xushaofa are the only ones that have been approved by the ITTF according to their own list :)

Alborz
02-25-2014, 11:34 AM
All of the balls failed the tests! Manufactures must be quick to make the balls right or they will not be ready for July.
Good news is Stiga has made it's new balls ITTF approved.

Vardant
02-25-2014, 12:11 PM
Just because it says so on the box doesn't make it true. We've seen the same thing with Tibhar and DHS. None of them are really approved as of yet, afaik.

Steven
02-25-2014, 12:19 PM
Funny, Stiga just removed the picture from Facebook. :)

Alborz
02-25-2014, 02:14 PM
Funny, Stiga just removed the picture from Facebook. :)
Probably because they were not ITTF approved.

Alborz
02-25-2014, 02:38 PM
One thing that i'm sure about it is ITTF's rules about balls will not change. So manufactures needs to come up with some good balls or the new poly balls will not be in international tournaments until they can make them with good quality and make them ITTF approved.
So don't be afraid of the quality of new balls. If they doesn't have the same quality of current balls they will not be ITTF approved and will not be used in any international or local tournament.

massa
02-25-2014, 04:32 PM
Let's really hope so. There might be some brands pressure over ITTF

skyea
02-25-2014, 07:18 PM
More updated
http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf_full_story1.asp?ID=34232&Category=General&Competition_ID

salehe
02-25-2014, 07:52 PM
Take a look at ITTF approved balls page:
http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf1.asp?category=balls

These are currently approved plastic balls:
DHS 40+*** (plastic with seam)
Double Fish 40+*** (plastic with seam)
Xushaofa*** (plastic seamless)

KimPlanh
02-26-2014, 07:44 PM
Does anyone know, where you can pre-order the New Plastic ball? :)

Tony's Table Tennis
02-27-2014, 08:46 AM
Does anyone know, where you can pre-order the New Plastic ball? :)

You can order them already - for about 1 year already.
Now if you want to buy the ITTF approved or "final" item, that is a different story.