Handicap points - My true story!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
Bricephan, have they figured out your level yet?
Yeah, they have put me to 1 upper level now, but, frankly speaking, not because of club members :)

There was a visiting club coming a couple of weeks ago. After the best guy in that club beating all the top guys in my club, I came in and played him. Club members claimed that I was beginner level, but after playing fist set (he won 15-13 with 4 point-handicap) and he refused my level. He made the handi down to 2 from 4 points no matter what the club members trying so hard to say against.

We played two game 'coz I didn't warm up much in the first and he wanted to play fair with me in 2nd game. He took the fist (3-2) and I won the second (3-1) convincingly, in a surprise of all people there. After the game, he said that its funny all the club members said I am just beginner level, and you know what they say? "Brice's style plays up and down" :). Soon later in that day, I beat, as usual, most of the guys in my club again. Really dun know what "up and down" means anymore!

The next time I visited, they said nothing but putting me upper one level. That's probably happy enough eventually.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
That is really funny Bricephan. It took a good player from a different club.

Them saying you are up and down is probably that they can't admit you are better than they realized and are trying to rationalize how they could have been so off in their assessment of your level.

Some people have a hard time admitting when they are wrong. But at least something happened to get them to realize your level was better than they originally thought. Even if it is still not your actual level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
I've never heard such a bullsh*t like having a"handicap" in table tennis. What kind of idiot introduced that in korea? I actually thought that you guys are doing something right there in table tennis. Did you perhaps join a golfclub on misstake? Honestly dont go there ! Obviously they are unprofessional and have 0 knowledge about table tennis

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
It's easy to judge from the outside, but what, if i tell you, that when our TT-club is having the internal club championships, which you might know as "Vereinsmeisterschaften", the higher ranked players always give out Handicap points to the lower ranked players. One of the best ways to prevent boring games, especially for small tt-clubs.

Last edited: