Should i choose STIGA Clipper?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So which rubbers would be best? soft,medium,hard?

I am thinking you may need to be more specific. Are you talking about Mark V? What blade are you putting the rubbers on? Do you usually like soft, medium or hard rubbers? Are you talking about for the plastic ball?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Sorry for the lack of info, i meant which current rubber would be good on the clipper?I normally use medium on fh and soft on bh,i see you use victas rubbers,what are they like?I've been tempted to try them for a few months now but not sure.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Sorry for the lack of info, i meant which current rubber would be good on the clipper?I normally use medium on fh and soft on bh,i see you use victas rubbers,what are they like?I've been tempted to try them for a few months now but not sure.

I didn't like the Limber until I boosted it. But once I boosted it, it is good. The Stiff is amazing. So is the regular.

The Victas topsheet is ridiculously good. The sponge is a little less good but the topsheet is so good it is worth it. If I could have this topsheet on a Tenergy sponge it would be the best rubber ever. Evolution MX-P is crazy good too though.

Are you using a Clipper already? Medium on FH and soft on BH would work well on a Clipper. That is pretty standard. What rubbers are you currently using? That would help me know if Victas would be good for you.

But it gets a ton of spin and is not so reactive to incoming spin so it is easy to handle. But it is fairly fast.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
No not using a clipper,im using a maze carbon with andro plaxon 450&400,not had chance to play much in last few months ,but hopefully will be able to get back into it shortly.Im not necessary looking to change but you now what its like when you have time on your hands to look at different sites you get ideas.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Your blade is good. If you like your rubbers keep them. If not, Victas or Evolution rubbers are really good.

If you do just want a new setup for experimentation and money is not a problem, go for it. If money is an issue then the setup you have seems good.

As far as different versions of a Clipper, I like the simplest one the best. Classic.

Reactions: Liten
This user has no status.
Seems like the wrb and the non wrb suffers from the same lack of Der_Echte special handle filling.. ;)

hollow.jpg

Might be good to know..

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Seems like the wrb and the non wrb suffers from the same lack of Der_Echte special handle filling.. ;)

View attachment 7764

Might be good to know..

Yep, all Stiga's handles are hollow. WRB is even more hollow.

This user has no status.
i have used the CR, CC and now i am presently using the Clipper Oversize.

1. Cr has a bigger racket head compared to the CC and regular clipper. Has a UV coating to make it a little harder. Has good control and in the offensive category.

2. CC has the carbon powder and is in the offensive plus category, very crispy. But the tradeoff is you lose some control compared to the CR and regular Clipper.

3. In my search for a crispier clipper, i recently attained a 96 gram Clipper Oversize from the Asia market. This racket head is heavy and very crispy with great dwell time. The positive is also its negative, its head heavy and a little cumbersome due to the oversize head. But you cant beat the greater control, crispness and dwell time of this blade compared to the other clippers.

2 cents added. ;)

This user has no status.
Guys I'll take advantage of this post to get your advise and thoughts.

I'm currently playing with Baum Spirit blade, Donic Coppa X1 on fh and Tenergy 64fx on bh.

UpSideDownCarl planted the seed that I should go for a blade with more touch as compared with my current blade in order to improve my touch and thus game overall.

My game still lacks consistency and I am seriously considering getting Stiga Clipper to improve my touch/technique.

With my current set up my FH drives are very flat in trajectory.

In sum I was wondering which rubbers will work for my current blade, or alternatively what rubbers should I get for the STIGA Clipper.

As an anecdote I got rid of two Acuda S1 recently because because they were very unforgiving.

Some rubbers I'm considering are:

Tenergy 05 both sides maybe FX version for BH
Rakza 7 for FH, soft version for BH
Tihbar MX-P for FH and MX-S for BH

I really appreciate your guidance! [emoji4]

This user has no status.
The Stiga Clipper is a blade that has been around for a long time and it is not that expensive. Despite this, it is really one of Stiga's best blades.

But a Clipper is a great blade.

Can I get your thoughts? Please see my previous post in this thread.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Some sharing to this Clipper Classic interest group :
- I have the Clipper Classic in the past, was my second blade. I switched to the Rosewood V for more than 3 years and on a good progress to up my stroke power and spin, until one day I injured my elbow (epicondylitis).
During recovery, I went back to Clipper to re-train, starting more close to table strokes, and now find that at longer distance it works well too and is more controllable. And when switching to plastic ball I find it adapts well.
My recommendation is that Clipper Classic is a can't go wrong blade and pair well with many different rubbers. It is low cost & lasting. Even you advance to other blades, one day you may find going back to it liked a good old friend.

mduevedof,
My current outfit is HK3N@FH and SriverEL@BH. If I were to upgrade the rubber I would go for T05@FH, T05FX@BH.
I used T05 on other 7 layer blade before and I think it compliments well to generate spin with the Clipper stability.
For BH it depends on individual style, I would prefer a softer touch (FX) for block and short games (e.g. BH flick receive).

This user has no status.
mduevedof,
My current outfit is HK3N@FH and SriverEL@BH. If I were to upgrade the rubber I would go for T05@FH, T05FX@BH.
I used T05 on other 7 layer blade before and I think it compliments well to generate spin with the Clipper stability.
For BH it depends on individual style, I would prefer a softer touch (FX) for block and short games (e.g. BH flick receive).

Thanks Spin88 for sharing your experience and for your advise!!!

My current setup weighs about 172grs. One of the concerns I have is that the Clipper Tenergy combination might too heavy. Any thoughts regarding weight?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Can I get your thoughts? Please see my previous post in this thread.

Based on some of the stuff you said, I would go with a 5 ply All Wood blade in the Off- speed range rather than the Clipper. I would pair it with top of the line rubbers like Tenergy or Tibhar Evolution (choose the versions) or Bluefire, Rasant or Rhyzm.

So blades like:

Stiga Allround Evolution
Stiga Tube Allround
Butterfly Petr Korbel
Butterfly Primorac
Nexy Peter Pan
Tibhar (Nexy) Kim Jung Hoon (even though this is 7 plies it would be excellent)
Stiga Energy Wood

Those are all not so expensive.

The most expensive but the best of the blades in the class I am talking about would be:

Nittaku Acoustic and
OSP Virtuoso

But all the blades in the first list would be fine. And there are many others that would also be fine.

The reason that I think those would be better is, if you are hitting a decent amount of flatter balls, those will help you improve your spin and with a slower blade you can handle putting rubbers that are faster and more spinny.

The Clipper might help you feel more but it is fast enough that it would not encourage you to spin more if your tendency, at the moment, is to hit flatter. The reason for this is that it feels so good to hit flat with a Clipper because it is pretty fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: sspark80
This user has no status.
Based on some of the stuff you said, I would go with a 5 ply All Wood blade in the Off- speed range rather than the Clipper. I would pair it with top of the line rubbers like Tenergy or Tibhar Evolution (choose the versions) or Bluefire, Rasant or Rhyzm.

The reason that I think those would be better is, if you are hitting a decent amount of flatter balls, those will help you improve your spin and with a slower blade you can handle putting rubbers that are faster and more spinny.

The Clipper might help you feel more but it is fast enough that it would not encourage you to spin more if your tendency, at the moment, is to hit flatter. The reason for this is that it feels so good to hit flat with a Clipper because it is pretty fast.

Thanks UpSideDownCarl for the advise!!!

Definitely your diagnostic is correct; I'm hitting a fair amount of flat hits, it has become sort of a trademark in my game!!!

After your advise I finally settled for BTY Petr Korbel, and Tibhar Evolution MX-P & EL-P.

I won't be able to test this set up, as I'm ordering from the US; while I'm in Guatemala. A friend of mine will bring it to me around Aug 14th.

I'll report back results then.

Again thanks for the advise. [emoji4]

I guess the Clipper will have to wait for a later time.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl