Want hurricane 3 national

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
To me, it's hypocritical to call someone out for boosting and "unfair rubbers" or whatever, when their own setup is heavily boosted and not available to the public in the first place.

Somehow, it's okay if it doesn't have "National" in the name and is instead just "Tenergy XX", and you don't boost it yourself.

It does seem hypocritical, but they all just want a level playing field. They may boost their rubber like 90% of pro's but then they see these other players boosting an even more superior rubber than theirs. They feel like they're at an even bigger disadvantage than they already were against those chinese gods.

Just like anything u want, if u want a special custom to you is going to be more, cars, boats, rubbers or blades. U can go straight to the companies :) u want to play u got to pay :) its simple , those people dont wanna pay but wants all lolz its doesnt works like that :) you can boost anything u want but is not going to close like the real things. :)

says what [IMG]
It does seem hypocritical, but they all just want a level playing field. They may boost their rubber like 90% of pro's but then they see these other players boosting an even more superior rubber than theirs. They feel like they're at an even bigger disadvantage than they already were against those chinese gods.

Doesn't that mean that China is just simply better in the equipment department as well and Europeans should strive to produce a superior rubber instead of trying to limit China's equipment?

The booster ban rule is only a thing because Chinese rubber is nigh useless without good boosting and they're trying to limit China's strength. The 11 point rule and the 40mm ball were also just plots to beat the Chinese.

I understand the significance of China not being unbeatable for the sake of the sport's future, but barring the fact that China is far superior in training quality and volume, I don't understand why Europeans simply don't beat China by playing better.

Let's take Dima for example, the best candidate for beating the Chinese. He is far away from the Chinese mentally: why should he have any chance of winning even if he had superior equipment or even slightly superior technique?

Let us not forget the speed glue secret among the Europeans as a plot to beat the Chinese and not let them catch on to the "cheating". Quite hypocritical to say that China only wins because they "cheat" when the Europeans have been trying to win with trickery for decades.

This is like the crying about Chinese hiding serves, when Europeans have more players who *blatantly* hide serves without any regard to nuance. If you've actually been there or seen better camera angle footage of Chinese playing, you'd see they don't actually hide serves, it's borderline illegal but shouldn't be called. The rules do not say that you are not allowed to make the contact point hard to distinguish, only that you are not allowed to physically hide the ball.

I guess my point is that perhaps we should just legalize safe boosters, stop crying and develop superior rubber and players, then kick the Chinese's butts.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Quite hypocritical to say that China only wins because they "cheat" when the Europeans have been trying to win with trickery for decades.

This is like the crying about Chinese hiding serves, when Europeans have more players who *blatantly* hide serves without any regard to nuance. If you've actually been there or seen better camera angle footage of Chinese playing, you'd see they don't actually hide serves, it's borderline illegal but shouldn't be called. The rules do not say that you are not allowed to make the contact point hard to distinguish, only that you are not allowed to physically hide the ball.

I guess my point is that perhaps we should just legalize safe boosters, stop crying and develop superior rubber and players, then kick the Chinese's butts.

I don't think they say chinese only win because of their equipment. Dima says that they're just on another level. He knows they're better. But If I'm at 1700 and playing someone at 2000 and that 2000 player then decides to use equipment that makes them up to 2100 that I'm not allowed to use. I would want that same equipment.

I don't remember them saying that the chinese hide the ball more than other countries either. Could you link me to an interview that said this?

Also a link to where you got the information that all the rule changes are to make the chinese worse players, because that doesn't sound accurate either.

says what [IMG]
I don't think they say chinese only win because of their equipment. Dima says that they're just on another level. He knows they're better. But If I'm at 1700 and playing someone at 2000 and that 2000 player then decides to use equipment that makes them up to 2100 that I'm not allowed to use. I would want that same equipment.

I don't remember them saying that the chinese hide the ball more than other countries either. Could you link me to an interview that said this?

Also a link to where you got the information that all the rule changes are to make the chinese worse players, because that doesn't sound accurate either.

A 1700 player should never win against a 2000 player, statistically.

I never said Dima or Boll said anything about the Chinese hiding serves, although Boll has complained about players in general hiding their serve. I cannot confirm if he has stated the Chinese specifically do it. Google around and you will perhaps find something: I don't have everything at my disposal to link as I wish.

What I meant in the first place is that high ranked western coaches are complaining about top Asian players hiding serves, especially about all the Chinese. TableTennisCoaching.com is one place I can remember writing about this.

Hahahaha. Do you think the ITTF will say "Yes, we changed the rules to beat the Chinese, and the "future of the sport" and "spectators" is just a side goal." Don't be naive and think for yourself how the changes affect the Chinese vs Europeans.

Mainly the 21 point to 11 point rule change. Let me make it simple:

Chinese = better player
Better player = can read opponent better
Better player = gets better with more warmup time
More points = more warmup time
More points = more time to read opponent

With 11 points, the Europeans had a chance to beat the Chinese before they even get their game on and the Chinese had a lot of difficulty adapting and thus had to really overhaul their entire training to deal with it, and now do better under the 11 point pressure.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
A 1700 player should never win against a 2000 player, statistically.
correct.

You didn't understand my post. Clearly the chinese are better, and even with the rubber the european players would lose, so why not just let them use it.

Also of course the coaches are complaining when the other team is doing something they feel is unfair. This happens in all sports. If a foul isn't called coaches complain and say their team is getting fouled and to please call the fouls to even the playing field.

says what [IMG]
The difference is that a clear foul is a clear foul and needs to be called.

A borderline illegal but not actually illegal serve shouldn't be called.

I do believe that top western pro players could get their sponsors to provide them with DHS sheets if they really want. At least, with a lot of interest rate. :rolleyes:

Boll's argument is that AMATEUR players can buy his rubber in the stores, but not the exact same type, of course. :rolleyes:

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Wow. The goon squad has really been out in force today. I've heard they have this new special technique of implanting mind worms to get forum members to argue pointlessly.

I've got an old sheet H3 that was given to me by Jiang Jialiang back in the dizzzayyy! I'm going to pull out my old school VOC super booster Haifu Oil and Haifu Speed Glue and glue that sucka to a regular old plank of wood. Man dat shizay's gonna feel D to the D destructionated.

Uh-Oh, it looks like the goon squad may have got me with their mind worms too. Darn it. And I thought I was hidden safe in the secret hideout.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Wow. The goon squad has really been out in force today. I've heard they have this new special technique of implanting mind worms to get forum members to argue pointlessly.

I've got an old sheet H3 that was given to me by Jiang Jialiang back in the dizzzayyy! I'm going to pull out my old school VOC super booster Haifu Oil and Haifu Speed Glue and glue that sucka to a regular old plank of wood. Man dat shizay's gonna feel D to the D destructionated.

Uh-Oh, it looks like the goon squad may have got me with their mind worms too. Darn it. And I thought I was hidden safe in the secret hideout.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Must have known I was off work today when they sent the worms out. "Let's get shuki to argue with people to test how powerful these things really are, he usually stays out of arguments."

Damn those things are strong.

This user has no status.
NL he mentioned the Yinhe Big Dipper plays very similar to the H3 national. Why not start with that?

Also, if these rubbers are used by players who've trained for 10 hours a day for 20+ years, I'm inclined to think these rubbers are better suited for them (I doubt I could ever play with a 41 degree DHS H3).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
NL he mentioned the Yinhe Big Dipper plays very similar to the H3 national. Why not start with that?

Also, if these rubbers are used by players who've trained for 10 hours a day for 20+ years, I'm inclined to think these rubbers are better suited for them (I doubt I could ever play with a 41 degree DHS H3).

Big dipper is a great rubber, especially since you can get it in softer variations. I HATE hurricane rubbers simply because of how hard it is. I lose all feeling with it and as a player thats trying to develop, losing feeling is a no go.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
i guess this would be what you call "adding fuel to the fire? :p

photo_2016-03-03_08-08-05.jpg

no Q&A, no comments from me... :p

moving on...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Big dipper is rubbish, after a few weeks it loses all tackiness (none at all). And the ball would then starts to squeak and slip on the surface when you try to loop.

This user has no status.
Cool. Great discussion...I think :cool: I decided to go for the provincial version and some kalin oil. Never tried kalin before but decided to give it a shot since my buddy Carl told me that my "falco tempo long" isn't that good. And it's said to last a little longer that Dianchi and Haifu oil. I'll probably try haifu next though.

This user has no status.
When natinal version is fake then what should be the provincial..... I cant buy provincial in my local store neither...

From my understanding national version is for the national team. (But sheets of the national version do get sold...maybe not the same quality as the top 10 players because their rubbers are specially made for them,,special sponge, social tuning, etc). Provincial versions go to the various provinces/states for players who aren't on the national team but are hopefuls for the national team (I guess it would be similar to minor league baseball players waiting to get to the majors)...but still some of those provincial rubbers get sold. Does dhs want their special versions sold? I don't know...but I'm inclined to believe as a business they have to make money. The more money the better. Where is sold and how much is sold...well that's a matter of much speculation as I see in many discussions. But at the end of the day it's hard to say every national version you see being sold is fake. Just as it's hard to say that every national version that you see online is real.

Like I said earlier, if the version I played with was fake...then I need that fake rubber again. It played awesome! Shots that were difficult for me played so much easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D