Cleaning rubbers !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Yes, I bought a couple of non sticky plastic sheets , I put them on both sides and it does go a long way to prevent the oxidation ... I would guess , together with a good edge tape ...
Regardless of how you clean the rubbers (water, sweat, secret formula), do you then cover them? The clear covers for rubbers prevents them from oxidizing and/or getting dirty when you place them in your bag.

This user has no status.
I put my racket in one of these things before putting it into the case.

14530_fail_-p.jpg

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
f005e99d6370e391575ef98db824d586.jpg

In my hand is one plastic sheet. On the counter is about 300 more.

One of my clients runs a hedge fund. The hedge fund gets massive amounts of presentations from different companies. They throw them out on a regular basis. I take the clear plastic covers out of the binder. Or....I used to. I probably have almost enough to give rokphish plastic covers for all his rackets. Hahahahaha.

But those work very well. And they are quite durable. I just cut them to the size of the rubber.

a4fdcff93cc2015d3a43f87cdab9b174.jpg

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Trouble Maker Carl said:
Breath and hand, sweat from shirt, water, a sponge with water. You don't need anything else. Tap water works fine.

I happen to know that Der_Echte's real secret weapon is that the oils from his sweat have natural rubber boosting properties.

Try yours out. They may have the same.

My sweat might have something. Anyone seeing my physique will know I carry around some Bear Fat and I sweat 100x more than a pig.

Der_Echte actually wipes his rubber with the sweat on his shirt, wipes it off, waves it around, puts it in Nexy Bat Case, zips it up, and calls it a day. You do that, your rubber will last long enough until you gotta replace it.

If I run into some seriously dirty rubbers, I do a cleaning with Olive Oil and Lemon Juice 50/50. It both cleans and restores elasticity.

If a sticky Chinese rubber loses tack, do the olive Oil cleaning, then moisten the rubber with breath or a real fine mist, put on a rubber protective cover, then let it sit overnight. When you peel off the rubber, it will have original PLUS tackiness. YES, more than original tack.

If your rubber is oxidized, either keep playing with it o replace it.

If your rubber has lost grip, play a spinless game or replace it.

If you want to REALLY clean your rubber REAL good, get an industrial strength rubber roller cleaner designed to clean all the crap from the huge rubber rollers they use to print newspapers. Paddle Palace in USA actually sold the stuff in the 80s. Now, you gotta get the stuff from amazon or somewhere, it is not as common. IF YOU USE such a cleaner, rub a little oil into the topsheet to help keep it supple, the harsh solvents in the cleaner will dry Ur rubber up.

KOREANS, I have observed, no one is as meticulous in cleaning their bat and treating the setup like a baby Pokemon. Koreans carry 12 accessories with them at all times, 7 of them are for cleaning. You name it, they sell it or they get it.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The real cleaner in my sweat wipe-off is the bear fat. Nothing like it to add elasticity to an otherwise GONE rubber.

Carl had to be wondering why I could still spin the ball with 3 yr old rubbers when we all had that meetup at 40n back Painz TT Gym...

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The real cleaner in my sweat wipe-off is the bear fat. Nothing like it to add elasticity to an otherwise GONE rubber.

Carl had to be wondering why I could still spin the ball with 3 yr old rubbers when we all had that meetup at 40n back Painz TT Gym...

I was definitely amazed at the level of spin you were getting from that ancient Aurus. But when I tried it, I realized it had to be the special oils in your sweat. Rubber restoring, age defying.

Why, I think the goon squad was after you for months as a result. When they finally gave up on that score, we had locked them in the sceptic tank of the secret hideout so many times, they had to give up.

Imagine if they ever figured out that the secret was the bear fat in your sweat. They would want to bottle and sell it for millions.

Hahaha.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
During game time, I will use my sweat
But when back at home, I will use rubber cleaner spray and clean it, and store it when air dry.
A rubber cleaner bottle can last 1 to 2 years, and not to mention for me, I get them at cost price :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
KOREANS, I have observed, no one is as meticulous in cleaning their bat and treating the setup like a baby Pokemon. Koreans carry 12 accessories with them at all times, 7 of them are for cleaning. You name it, they sell it or they get it.

LIES! My korean friend never cleans his rubber until I try his from time to time and tell him to get some water and clean it because there's basically a layer of dust on his rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I remember reading something about rubber cleaners reducing the life of the rubber. Any truth to that or not worth worrying about?

I also heard water is not good
I also heard sweat is not good
I also heard soap water is not good

Well, everything is using one of the above + rubber cleaners.
From my side, my rubbers are 2 years old and still good enough for me to use as a coach for multiball, blocking and some play