Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

says what [IMG]
No. As long as you present a stretch of 10 serves at some point in whatever you display, all is well - any failures or edits will not count.
So:

Even if you edit your video, or you fail at some point, as long as you present ten or more consecutive, unedited genuine short, heavy backspin serves that come into the net and stay on the surface of the table, it's game?

I'll try it just to improve my serve.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Damn ! Now I have to order the camera from amazon, I immediately started practicing on the carpet :rolleyes:
If you only get two serves and no one else gets any, you still win the prize. Or if you have 10 bounces and only one person ha 15 or more than you, you get second prize.

I will post my video of my attempts tomorrow night.

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
If you only get two serves and no one else gets any, you still win the prize. Or if you have 10 bounces and only one person ha 15 or more than you, you get second prize.

I will post my video of my attempts tomorrow night.

Wait if I get 25 pancakes first, and someone else gets more, does it go by whoever is first or whoever gets the most? I've recorded 15 about 12 times now. haha

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Screw this! I'll try again tomorrow morning. I'll use upside down headband tomorrow. That way I can't fail.
I am really thinking 25 is too small but I can't change the rules. It's all fun anyways. I guess the tiebreaker could have been who does more, but it is really who completes the challenge first. I really expect someone to win before Saturday.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
b) A spin pancake drill where you spin the ball upwards on alternating sides of your rubber for 25 touches. Again, no editing.

Is there an example video of this being done? I thought it was on killerspins channel but I can't find it. Can't do the serves as I'm on holiday and don't have access to a table, but I'll give this one a try :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

Ha ha. I just didn't want to give people stuff that I couldn't reasonably do. I was going to make the competition mostly finding shots in a video, but then I decided (partly motivated by your comments) that I could give people stuff that helps them with their table tennis. This drill helped my touch a lot, especially when I try to keep the spin bounce as low as possible, helped with pushing spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
Alright - here are the two parts of the competition:

1) I played a tournament match recently in which I lost a game 0-11 (It was at either NJTTC or the Butterfly Teams). What I want you to give me are the scores of the match. Not the player I played, but the game scores.

2) You have a choice between doing one of the following:

a) 10 heavy backspin serves that stay short roll back towards the net in a row, no editing. The ball most roll back into the net and not come back to your own side or go off the table.

b) A spin pancake drill where you spin the ball upwards on alternating sides of your rubber for 25 touches. Again, no editing.

The competition will remain open until the 21st of December. Submit the answer to the first part to me by PM. The second part should be posted to the thread. You must nail the first part and the second part, whoever comes closest or succeeds first wins the first prize, and so on. Let me know if you have any questions.

Really nice initiative NL!

It's cool that people who don't own a table are able to participate as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I might try to get ten serves to come back into the net later this afternoon on my lunch break. I'll try to post a video if I can. But I won't be completing the first part of the challenge, as I just joined this thread very recently and I'd like to see someone else win.

Good luck everyone!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I'll be in NYC for business this spring break. Probably head up to 42&backpains club this time at some point to experience some new friends >=]. I'll give 3-4 weeks heads up of course.

#READMYLIPS

#9POINTSPLEASE

:)

hope i can make it! as it's spring break, i may be on short getaway with family

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Go stuff going on Next Level.

Looks like this weekend will NOT happen for Goon Squad gathering, not sure if I will even get a chance to drive up to NYC before I leave to CA either. :(

I was fortunate I got to see/experience the Der_Echte TT Ambassadorial show in person! Did not even need chicken and beer!!

I count my blessings and cherish the memories of that early October Saturday/Sunday nights ... will be forever indebted to you, NL, PPH, Carl and yes, even 42&bp!!!

Thank you and safe sojourns to you and your loved ones!

I remain very truly yours in TT,

~osph

p.s. i will work on my anti "jedi mind trick" tricks for our eventual next GoonSquad Adventure.

Reactions: Suga D and SchemeSC
says what [IMG]
Every day I've been doing the spin drill, I've got one more decent bounce onto the record. Today it was also much easier to control the ball laterally and to keep it low and fast. Although I can only do a couple. I'll probably keep doing this everyday for the rest of my life.

Did some serves as practice for the challenge. I'm not sure I can do ten in a row, but maybe 3 or 4. Assuming the balls have to stay on the table and not move from the table unless acted upon. I can get more in a row but they veer off slightly.

Nonetheless it has actually REALLY improved my ease of serving because I need to focus on just making it come back and staying on, and being consistent with it. As a result my serve as a whole has gotten a little bit tighter.

I can see what NL is really trying to do with this competition. Very good effort.