says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
My Osp virtuoso + paired with tenergy 05 and stiga genesis S

6dc55308caae4c61b9c7a3fda9111e18.jpg

ba43f669eda22e1e2eeebd5271464c8f.jpg

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Hey, how do you like how the OSP V+ plays? Nice to see a photo of it suited up.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: LucasMcCaine
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey guys. Here is my still quite new setup.
View attachment 12191View attachment 12192
Doesn´t somebody here has any experience with Stiga Offensive Classic, which is on the picture? I like this setup much after few weeks of testing. Just the wood has really strange, loud, hollow sound. Is it normal for all of these?
Thanks.

Yes, it has relatively hard outer layers.

It is not that they outer layers are hard. They top ply is Limba. It is also not that the Spruce layer is hard. The ply construction is:

Limba-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Limba.

I have had blades of the same ply construction that do not feel hollow. But the Stiga Offensive Classic does tend to feel hollow. Not sure what Stiga does to get that feeling. It could be the gluing process. Or the fact that the handle really is hollow. It may not look hollow. But there is a hollow space in that handle.

But the blade plays very well. So I wouldn't worry about the fact that it has a hollow feeling. At a certain point that should start feeling good to you as you get fully used to the blade.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Suga D and yoass
This user has no status.
Last edited:
This user has no status.
If more of you do not start pounding on the like button on the pics of ROK's Blades, I'm gunna make a deal with the devil and the Goon Squad to hound you all to hell and breakfast.
I am still looking to have 2nd attempt of ultimate Beast Mod Concept (or at least my perception to it) to happen,

I still consider my custom blade here as half finished.[emoji28]

The original design is to have the centre of gravity inside the handle, after a pair of heavy rubber like H3. [emoji6]

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

MDP

This user has no status.

MDP

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 1 reviews
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GZAeHqs_...bXT5cxzSJVb2njw/s1600/IMG-20160301-WA0018.jpg

My new blade made by Blade Pemula, http://blade-pemula.blogspot.co.id/?m=1, as displayed on His Website. [emoji6]

Special super slow blade,
Teak balsa teak, 6 mm
17 cm long, 16 cm wide, 12 cm long handle

Partly inspired by Der Echte Beast Mode,

The weight point just 1 cm up from handle :)

Easier to use due to long handle, and my shot more controllable than my old def alpha

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk
The teak veneer looks so different from the teak I use in blades. Does the surface and hardness of the veneer not differ between brown and white spots?

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
The teak veneer looks so different from the teak I use in blades. Does the surface and hardness of the veneer not differ between brown and white spots?

I may mistranslate the term.

The Indonesian name is "Kayu Jati".

I specifically ask the blade smith to use the slowest possible option when available.

I did not feel any difference in feel and bounce between dark and light part.

[emoji6]

Last edited:

MDP

This user has no status.

MDP

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 1 reviews
Google translates kayu jati to teak, so it probably is. The veneer i use is much more fine lined and doesnt have yellow/white streaks, but looking at a tree trunk there is brown and yellow wood. The yellow wood being on the outside and being the youngest wood.

Im surprised that the builder would use teak, because I know it to be a wood that I use to increase the speed, instead of lowering, because it is very hard. This might be to compensate for the balsa core but im not sure.

Have fun with it.

Reactions: BeGo