Yinhe blade equivalents

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in a long while, but I have a question regarding Yinhe blades.

Having tested the V-14 Pro before, I thought it was an excellent and affordable equivalent to a Butterfly Timo Boll ALC, Viscaria and the likes, pretty spot on at a fraction of the price and great quality!

I've yet to try the Pro Feeling, but I hear that's a good substitute for a Butterfly Innerforce ALC. And the Pro Power, a thinner therefore slightly slower, more controllable and flexible ALC outer (than the V-14 pro...).

Are there any Yinhe blades (or other Chine brand) that are an equivalent to my trusted Butterfly Innerforce ZLC / Apolonia / Franziska? That is a limba/limba/zlc/ayous/zlc/limba/limba, preferably around 5,7mm?

Also, what are the popular Yinhe or other Chinese brands classic 5-ply blades (limba/limba/ayous/limba/limba) like a Primorac OFF- (5.5mm) or a Korbel (5.9mm) or in-between (5.7mm)?

Lastly, what are your favorite Yinhe or Chinese blades and their Butterfly or other brand equivalents?

I like knowing this to give recommendations to clubmates or people who don't want to break their wallets.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: IB66, JBH7 and MK73
This user has no status.
I'm a fan of the yinhe blades and rubbers. I've played with the W-6 and it has great control. I think my favorite is the E3VB, the fiberglass layer provides excellent feedback for me. The V14 definitely feels like a looper blade, yet and the V15 feels sturdier, slightly stiffer. I've loved all of them, but I'm sticking to the w6 and the e3vb because I need control and feedback... cuz I suck.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Yinhe Pro 5W is similar to Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive (5-ply, walnut/spruce/.../spruce/walnut)
Yinhe Purple Dragon 437 is similar to Stiga Clipper (Note 437s is a little slower than 437)
Yinhe Purple Dragon 537 is like 437 but has walnut instead of limba top layer
Yinhe E3 is the standard 5-ply with limba/spruce/ayous/spruce/limba
Yinhe W6 is 5-ply aneigre/ayous/ayous/ayous/aneigre, very nice blade, recently on sale at Aliexpress for $18 !!
See http://www.princett.com/EN/USD/category-7/page-Galaxy-Yinhe-Milky-Way.html for other blades.

• Love
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Ages ago I played with K-4 which is supposedly same as V-14, just rebranded. K-4 was considered to be TBS clone but my specimen was harder than TBS's I've tried. Maybe it had top layer thinner than Butterfly blade.
Nevertheless it was good blade.

• Love
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Ma lin YEO is the same price as the yinhe though so really no reason to buy pro 5w:)

I second YogiBear's review at this link. The Pro 5W plays nicer for some reason. I like both. My Pro 5W was a little slower, 1350Hz vs. 1400Hz. Somehow the walnut top layer works for me. I also have the Yinhe W6 and the Aneigre is also nice as top layer. That blade is a little slower, in the 1250Hz range. So this is for playing close to the table.

• Love
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hi Thomas,

These may not have the exact same composition or look-n-feel, but offer similar playing characteristics .
  • Yinhe T-1 = Butterfly Schlager Carbon
  • Yinhe T-2 = Butterfly Primorac Carbon
  • Sanwei King of Carbon Blue (did I get the name right ?) is supposed to be similar to Timo Boll Spirit
Also check-out this chinese brand called Stuor ... Some of their blades look like exact replicas of some BTY blades..

• Love
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
I own a Yinhe W6 that I bought less than one year ago for 17 € at Aliexpress.
I recently wanted to buy another unit and noticed that most reputable sellers are selling it for about 45-50 €.
I have also noticed that the prices of other Yinhe blades have gone up a lot.
I wonder if the prices we see in different places are the same and if these price increases may be due to the new import laws in Europe.

This user has no status.
I recently wanted to buy another unit and noticed that most reputable sellers are selling it for about 45-50 €.
I wonder if the prices we see in different places are the same and if these price increases may be due to the new import laws in Europe.
Cheap on AliExpress?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020

No, I just bought a W6 at AliBattleship from AliExpress for $18 a couple of weeks ago. They are sometimes having sales to reduce inventory (at the time they had ~1000 available. Now they are up again at around $43.75. You just need to wait and buy when the price is low...

• Love
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews

Yes, Aliexpress prices includes VAT at least when ordering from Germany but this does not explain the massive price increases that I see e.g. for the V14 Pro. Bought mine for around 34€ or 40€ incl. VAT but now the cheapest offer is 53€ incl. VAT and stores like Ali Battleship want 75€ (including VAT and 10 day shipping).
Even a H3 Provincial Blue Sponge is currently easier to get in Germany (at least with 39° sponge hardness). Same price or lower than on AliExpress...

• Wow
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
Yes, Aliexpress prices includes VAT at least when ordering from Germany but this does not explain the massive price increases that I see e.g. for the V14 Pro. Bought mine for around 34€ or 40€ incl. VAT but now the cheapest offer is 53€ incl. VAT and stores like Ali Battleship want 75€ (including VAT and 10 day shipping).
Even a H3 Provincial Blue Sponge is currently easier to get in Germany (at least with 39° sponge hardness). Same price or lower than on AliExpress...

Yes, 3 months ago I also bought a V-14 Pro with two AK47s for 69 € shipped. Now the same seller is selling the same combo for about 95€. Not a small increase IMO.

• Sad
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019

I briefly tried Yinhe E4 (supposedly, a Violin clone). The blade is well made. FL handle is very comfortable. The blade is ~5.5mm and is good for looping due to its flexibility. At the same time it has enough rigidity for blocking, which I found somewhat surprising in such a thin all-wood blade. I did not feel any strange vibrations confirming the solid quality of the construction. It is not a fast blade.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I'm a fan of the yinhe blades and rubbers. I've played with the W-6 and it has great control. I think my favorite is the E3VB, the fiberglass layer provides excellent feedback for me. The V14 definitely feels like a looper blade, yet and the V15 feels sturdier, slightly stiffer. I've loved all of them, but I'm sticking to the w6 and the e3vb because I need control and feedback... cuz I suck.
Thanks for your input!

The W-6 seems like a blade I can easily recommend based on its specs. : )

Reactions: fais