Nittaku Fastarc G1 vs Tibhar Aurus Prime

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Hello forum

I have been playing Jpen (single side) for a few months. I play a style similar to Ryu Seung Min (strong forehand topspin, blocking and fishing on backhand), but vastly weaker obviously. I play with an Xiom Power Hinoki and Fastarc G1 in 2.0mm on forehand.

I am very happy with Fastarc G1, but when I eventually change my rubber it would be fun to experiment with a new one.

When I originally bought the bat, I was advised to get a fast, high throw, large pored rubber like Tenergy 05 for it. Tenergy is too expensive. I have narrowed down my choice to two known alternatives: Nittaku Fastarc G1 (thick topsheet, traditional tensor) or the Tibhar Aurus Prime (thin topsheet, a new ‘ultramax sponge’ tensor for the polyball.

I chose Fastarc G1 and love it, but it isn’t especially bouncy and I have heard that bouncy rubbers are more perfect for Jpen and I would be interested in hearing how the two rubbers stack up.

Does anyone have any experience or advice about the rubbers? I mostly need to know:

- Does the different topsheet thickness have a big effect on the playing style they will suit? Are either of them ‘better’ for specific shots and why?
- Is Aurus Prime as durable (maintain its grip and speed) as Fastarc G1? (I have heard mixed reports of Aurus Prime’s durability, some say it’s great, some say it isn’t)
- How is Aurus Prime for fishing/lobbing

Thank you very much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I replied you on mytt, but gonna do it here too:

This is an interesting question. I saw that Yoshida Kaii uses T64. I think that and possibly even D64 would be the perfect Jpen rubber. D64 is even bouncier than T64 while having similar spin capability and arc as a T05. The durability of a D64 should be at least double of Fastarc which would kind of break even on the cost and give much more performance at the same time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019

This is an interesting question. I saw that Yoshida Kaii uses T64. I think that and possibly even D64 would be the perfect Jpen rubber. D64 is even bouncier than T64 while having similar spin capability and arc as a T05. The durability of a D64 should be at least double of Fastarc which would kind of break even on the cost and give much more performance at the same time.

Judging by a single G-1 sheet I used, it is extremely durable. I can't imagine any other rubber being considerably more durable. There are physicochemical limits to what can be achieved presently. Currently, I am using T80 and I can confirm that it is a long-lasting rubber. I am guessing it will last as long as G-1 but not longer.

Pricing is different for different countries. I can get G-1 for $30, while Dignics 80 costs $94.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021

I appreciate your reply, but Dignics is firmly out of my price range. I can’t spend anything like £80 a sheet on table tennis, even the £30/£40 of Fastarc/Aurus Prime respectively is a bit of a stretch.

I’m interested to hear that D64 and T05 have the same arc, despite having a different pimple geometry. Why is that the case do you think?

I mostly just need to know if Aurus Prime (or other bouncy high throw, tenergy 05 alternative ESN rubbers) have decent enough durability to compete with the famous durability of Fastarc G1, especially since my sheet will wear out quicker (I use it for all my shots, since I only have one rubber).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I appreciate your reply, but Dignics is firmly out of my price range. I can’t spend anything like £80 a sheet on table tennis, even the £30/£40 of Fastarc/Aurus Prime respectively is a bit of a stretch.

I’m interested to hear that D64 and T05 have the same arc, despite having a different pimple geometry. Why is that the case do you think?

I mostly just need to know if Aurus Prime (or other bouncy high throw, tenergy 05 alternative ESN rubbers) have decent enough durability to compete with the famous durability of Fastarc G1, especially since my sheet will wear out quicker (I use it for all my shots, since I only have one rubber).

I think you speak for players heart out there. I also think Dignics and Tenergy is overpiced. I don't blame you for a single moment for thinking this way, I don't know how it feels to bite the bullet since my club will pay for all rubber I use for a 6 months period.
But dignics might feel like a ****ing luxury expense at first but after using it it just holds up. Doesn't deteriorate, doesn't shrink, remains the same even after months. Maybe no one has written this not even me, but I think Dignics is more of a commercial product than Tenergy. It lasts longer, it gives more when you need and gives less when you don't need. Seriously even the 1/3 cost of an Aurus Prime on a discount don't let it fool you. Dignics will last you so much more, please try it.

T05 and D64 have different material and sponge. This different material and sponge combo makes the D64 have a similar arc as T05 but bouncier.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

Judging by a single G-1 sheet I used, it is extremely durable. I can't imagine any other rubber being considerably more durable. There are physicochemical limits to what can be achieved presently. Currently, I am using T80 and I can confirm that it is a long-lasting rubber. I am guessing it will last as long as G-1 but not longer.

Pricing is different for different countries. I can get G-1 for $30, while Dignics 80 costs $94.

Dignics, and I mean all of the types cost 72-75USD if you are smart and trusting. If you are a club player your club might support, then it is a no brainer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021

I think you speak for players heart out there. I also think Dignics and Tenergy is overpiced. I don't blame you for a single moment for thinking this way, I don't know how it feels to bite the bullet since my club will pay for all rubber I use for a 6 months period.
But dignics might feel like a ****ing luxury expense at first but after using it it just holds up. Doesn't deteriorate, doesn't shrink, remains the same even after months. Maybe no one has written this not even me, but I think Dignics is more of a commercial product than Tenergy. It lasts longer, it gives more when you need and gives less when you don't need. Seriously even the 1/3 cost of an Aurus Prime on a discount don't let it fool you. Dignics will last you so much more, please try it.

T05 and D64 have different material and sponge. This different material and sponge combo makes the D64 have a similar arc as T05 but bouncier.

Fair enough. If what I’ve heard about Butterfly is true, its performance and durability really is incredible.

I’m a young player and Jpen is an unusual style where I live so I could try for a sponsorship if I get a lot better (or if any supplier/club/company has enough interest in or sympathy for my weird style).

Hopefully…

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019

Where can you get G1 for $30?

Hello forum

I have been playing Jpen (single side) for a few months. I play a style similar to Ryu Seung Min (strong forehand topspin, blocking and fishing on backhand), but vastly weaker obviously. I play with an Xiom Power Hinoki and Fastarc G1 in 2.0mm on forehand.

I am very happy with Fastarc G1, but when I eventually change my rubber it would be fun to experiment with a new one.

When I originally bought the bat, I was advised to get a fast, high throw, large pored rubber like Tenergy 05 for it. Tenergy is too expensive. I have narrowed down my choice to two known alternatives: Nittaku Fastarc G1 (thick topsheet, traditional tensor) or the Tibhar Aurus Prime (thin topsheet, a new ‘ultramax sponge’ tensor for the polyball.

I chose Fastarc G1 and love it, but it isn’t especially bouncy and I have heard that bouncy rubbers are more perfect for Jpen and I would be interested in hearing how the two rubbers stack up.

Does anyone have any experience or advice about the rubbers? I mostly need to know:

- Does the different topsheet thickness have a big effect on the playing style they will suit? Are either of them ‘better’ for specific shots and why?
- Is Aurus Prime as durable (maintain its grip and speed) as Fastarc G1? (I have heard mixed reports of Aurus Prime’s durability, some say it’s great, some say it isn’t)

Thank you very much.

About the thickness of the rubber, i played with a 2.3mm Gewo Nexxus EL PRO 53 Hard, 2.0mm DHS Goldarc 8 50deg and 2.2mm DHS Skyline 2 NEO, kinda different types of rubber but in general, 2.0mm give me a lot control more than 2.3mm, but in stronger shots when the ball sinks on the sponge, no have the same catapult effect. Also i have more gears with 2.0, the 2.3mm Gewo when you can sink the ball into sponge also considering hardness and the thickness, give me much stronger shot, but much minus control on slower shots, this experience in forehand, talking about BH, i used 2.0mm Rakza 7 Soft and 2.2mm. 2.0 make me not so confident to attack like 2.2. its slower. But talking about block and passive block, make much more confortable. In my experience, thats it.

i think Omega VII PRO maybe be a good rubber for you, normally jpens have a stronger forehand but not use chinese rubber because of the tpb. Omega VII Pro can be a good choice for you, its bouncier, not so soft and very good spin a few people use on my club, is a excellent forehand rubber. I used one time and so good. Also consideer MXP Hard

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019

Where can you get G1 for $30?

in US we do not pay VAT, hence, G-1 maximum discounted price is currently $30.12 at TT11. To get 30% discount one has to get creative, e.g. cooperate with somebody else to buy in bulk. G-1 used to be on their "4for3" list but is not anymore.

BTW, for my taste, after trying T80, I find it better than G-1 in every way (except the price). I don't see myself going back to G-1.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
Hi,I am currently trying Nittaku G1 2mm on FH and C1 2mm on BH on a Innerforce ALC.I am really happy with the C1 on BH and on FH ! Really nice rubber with good control/spin and power when you engage the sponge (it makes a strong click sound).However, I feel like the G1 is totally different, seems like hard/dead (I used to play with Hurricane 3 and I think I had a better feeling). Maybe I should play more with the G1 and the sponge will soften and will be livier ? I'm not sure but for the moment I'm not convinced by the G1 (I only played 3 hours with it for the moment).Does someone share the same feeling about G1 ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Hi,I am currently trying Nittaku G1 2mm on FH and C1 2mm on BH on a Innerforce ALC.I am really happy with the C1 on BH and on FH ! Really nice rubber with good control/spin and power when you engage the sponge (it makes a strong click sound).However, I feel like the G1 is totally different, seems like hard/dead (I used to play with Hurricane 3 and I think I had a better feeling). Maybe I should play more with the G1 and the sponge will soften and will be livier ? I'm not sure but for the moment I'm not convinced by the G1 (I only played 3 hours with it for the moment).Does someone share the same feeling about G1 ?

I recently tried the same combination - G1 is harder for sure but nowhere near as hard as the D09C or H3 pro 40 deg I had used previously, so actually it felt reasonably lively to me. C1 is obviously softer and is a different sponge by the look and feel of it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hello forum

Thank you very much.

I played Jpen for a few years when I was young enough 😁😁

It's a fun style. Keep it up 👍

I used, and still have Darker Speed 90 10.5mm. I do not recommend too bouncy rubber as your short game will suffer. With the new ABS ball, you want a rubber with high grip to generate spin (Hinoki has a low throw and low spin potential due to its thickness).

I assume Chinese tacky rubbers are out of the picture, I would recommend the followings that I've played:

• Andro R53 (short game is good, spin is almost on par with H3)
  • Dianchi (not as tacky as H3, faster and spinnier than most Euro rubbers)
  • Donic Baracuda (not as fast as the last two, but excellent spin and short game)
  • MXP or MXS (speed and spin on par with T05, short game not as good as the last three)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013

Sorry maybe my description was not accurate, I meant more "dead" than a Hurricane 3, it's like I had no clear feedback when I loop with G1, dwell time not too long, the ball goes off quick and straight.
Maybe the feeling will be better when I will play more with this rubber but for the moment I'm surprised that I prefer C1 on both side.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

Sorry maybe my description was not accurate, I meant more "dead" than a Hurricane 3, it's like I had no clear feedback when I loop with G1, dwell time not too long, the ball goes off quick and straight.
Maybe the feeling will be better when I will play more with this rubber but for the moment I'm surprised that I prefer C1 on both side.

Fair enough, I think it may soften a little as you hit it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 2 reviews

l use aurus prime have for 2 years it lasts a long time . 3 reglueings . l used 05 tenergy before for 3 years it lasts but a big issue with 05 is that the sponge is fragile if you want to remove the glue and boost like l did the sponge gets holes and cuts in it .. don't know why every one says tenergy lasts a long time ONLY IF YOU NEVER REGLUE IT LASTS prime s sponge does not break up when removing the old glue and boosting when boosted it preforms much better the 05 don't know didnics , but l tried G1 for a short while its was used before l boosted it, its nothing special still not soffended average spin , tenergy and prime have the same high throw , speed also similar , prime is half the price of 05 . 05 is has poor durability because of the fragile sponge if one reglues often .. handle write on here but the prime G1 post got me going so few posts or interest in aurus prime its better than MXP too lasts better but not as much speed but better spin and better higher throw for me anyway !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021

I played Jpen for a few years when I was young enough 😁😁

It's a fun style. Keep it up 👍

I used, and still have Darker Speed 90 10.5mm. I do not recommend too bouncy rubber as your short game will suffer. With the new ABS ball, you want a rubber with high grip to generate spin (Hinoki has a low throw and low spin potential due to its thickness).

I assume Chinese tacky rubbers are out of the picture, I would recommend the followings that I've played:

• Andro R53 (short game is good, spin is almost on par with H3)
  • Dianchi (not as tacky as H3, faster and spinnier than most Euro rubbers)
  • Donic Baracuda (not as fast as the last two, but excellent spin and short game)
  • MXP or MXS (speed and spin on par with T05, short game not as good as the last three)
Thanks for the advice. I am interested in your suggestion of the Rasanter r53. I am happy with Fastarc G1, but changing to a harder sponge may be practical if I improve and want more power.

I remember in another post about jpen, either you or another poster suggested to avoid chinese rubbers like h3neo because the uber-hard sponge suppresses the great feeling of hinoki (alongside the difficulty of using chinese rubbers for tpbh). How is Rasanter R53, with it’s soft topsheet-hard sponge combination better with hinoki than Chinese rubbers, feeling wise? What are your thoughts on this?

Also, how is the durability and throw angle of the R53 in comparison to Fastarc G-1? I can’t afford to buy low durability rubbers and find low throw angle rubbers impossible to play with.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Thanks for the advice. I am interested in your suggestion of the Rasanter r53. I am happy with Fastarc G1, but changing to a harder sponge may be practical if I improve and want more power.

I remember in another post about jpen, either you or another poster suggested to avoid chinese rubbers like h3neo because the uber-hard sponge suppresses the great feeling of hinoki (alongside the difficulty of using chinese rubbers for tpbh). How is Rasanter R53, with it’s soft topsheet-hard sponge combination better with hinoki than Chinese rubbers, feeling wise? What are your thoughts on this?

Also, how is the durability and throw angle of the R53 in comparison to Fastarc G-1? I can’t afford to buy low durability rubbers and find low throw angle rubbers impossible to play with.

The overall hardness of R53 (topsheet + sponge) is not hard at all. The topsheet is ultra thin, hence the ball sinks into the sponge very easily. That means decent spin can be generated with low to medium impact.

I have used TG2 and H3 on my Jpen. No issue at all. Just stay with 38-39 degree. You can still feel the hinoki easily. The tackiness helps to mitigate the shortcoming of short game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021

The overall hardness of R53 (topsheet + sponge) is not hard at all. The topsheet is ultra thin, hence the ball sinks into the sponge very easily. That means decent spin can be generated with low to medium impact.

I have used TG2 and H3 on my Jpen. No issue at all. Just stay with 38-39 degree. You can still feel the hinoki easily. The tackiness helps to mitigate the shortcoming of short game.

Fair enough. I think most of the chinese rubbers I have access to are 40 degrees though unfortunately.

How long would you say the R53 keep its characteristics for, as compared to Fastarc G-1? Does it have a similar high arc as well?

Also, just out of interest, how would you compare the playing characteristics of Rasanter R53, with semi tacky hard tensors of similar hardnesses (Rakza Z etc)?