WTT Champions (European Summer Series 2022)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Harimoto was down 4-9 in the 7th game and back 9-9 and then nailed the game. Was three games down at first and won at last. What an epic comeback. Big congrats Harimoto. Well played.
Harimoto does deserve an applaud for this victory but we also should give credit to his new coach. Doesn't know his name but since his previous matches looks like he's been mentoring harimoto well to be in a good shape. Well done.
[tbody] [/tbody]

Great to see two young players whose careers have been in a slump contesting this final with such maturity. They both play with tremendous fluency on the BH, but for the best part of the match Lin's FH was far more dynamic. However did he lose this? Harimoto kept his equanimity (are there fewer verbal explosions than hitherto?), when the match was virtually lost. That resolve and persistence could be a good lesson for him to take away from this match. But he needs to keep working on his FH, where he often gets cramped up.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
Tomokazu no forehand Harimoto has done it. I cannot believe it

Yeah it's not like he blasts FH's past his opponents or does monster FH flicks which he also blasts past his opponents. I always wonder, what is the intent behind leaving a comment like that? If you were a bit more well-intentioned with some nuance you could say Harimoto's counter FH isn't that good in comparison to the other pros, but he obviously makes up for it with other skills

Have to feel bad for LGY, the poor guy looked like he had a cry when he came back for the award ceremony. Just awful. I hope he can break through this mental block because his skills are otherwise insane and very impressive performance this tournament.

says Or is it more legit...
says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019

Great to see two young players whose careers have been in a slump contesting this final with such maturity. They both play with tremendous fluency on the BH, but for the best part of the match Lin's FH was far more dynamic. However did he lose this? Harimoto kept his equanimity (are there fewer verbal explosions than hitherto?), when the match was virtually lost. That resolve and persistence could be a good lesson for him to take away from this match. But he needs to keep working on his FH, where he often gets cramped up.

Honestly i didn't get to watch the ongoing match live as i only occasionally check the match results from wtt website and it's live too i just couldn't watch the actual match of players playing. Yeh his game will be much better and safer if he improve his fh. Harimoto has stronger mental than Lin in this match i must say. He fought till the last set last point last game.Not to mention Harimoto once played against lgy in t2 diamond singapore for bronze medal match. at that time too harimoto was down by two games at first then came back two-two, then to three-three and won the last set on fast five (the winner who gets five points first wins). He also secure a bronze medal that time beating lgy. Dima and timo also said once in an interview, as far as I can remember one of the videos from boll's channel on YouTube that harimoto might not be as talented as his competitors of the generation like wang chuqin and lin yun ju but his mental strength could make him a world champion one day.Anyhow big massive congratulation for tomo.

Last edited:

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I did not expect a Harimoto tournament win. What is the name of his new coach? His coach looks so calm, it seems like it boosted his performance in this tournament.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
I did not expect a Harimoto tournament win. What is the name of his new coach? His coach looks so calm, it seems like it boosted his performance in this tournament.

i saw a single kanji on instagram can't read it but I'm pretty sure the coach is chinese and harimoto called him the "bench coach"

btw i noticed LIN Yunju's coach was Seiko ISEKI, a former Chinese doubles world champion who took on the Japanese nationality. ISEKI is a lefty penholder

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

i saw a single kanji on instagram can't read it but I'm pretty sure the coach is chinese and harimoto called him the "bench coach"

btw i noticed LIN Yunju's coach was Seiko ISEKI, a former Chinese doubles world champion who took on the Japanese nationality. ISEKI is a lefty penholder

That's interesting. Can you find out who the Chinese coach is for Harimoto? I think having a Chinese coach makes total sense, he needs a new voice and new style of play.

RE Iseki, it's interesting that a Chinese player would naturalize as a Japanese, and coach the Chinese Taipei team?? pretty wild journey for him.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
That's interesting. Can you find out who the Chinese coach is for Harimoto? I think having a Chinese coach makes total sense, he needs a new voice and new style of play.

RE Iseki, it's interesting that a Chinese player would naturalize as a Japanese, and coach the Chinese Taipei team?? pretty wild journey for him.

久しぶりの優勝ですが、喜びよりも驚きが勝っています!笑
どんなに苦しい時でも変わらず支えてくれた家族や関係者、ファンの方々、田勢監督やベンチコーチの董さんをはじめとするNTスタッフの皆さんに感謝しかないです。
応援本当にありがとうございました!

this is from Harimoto official instagram account where he thanks everyone and his coaches. in RED is the name of his bench coach, the manager for Japanese players is Tasei.

according to google translate, if the coach is chinese, his name would be Dong in pinyin (pronounced as Tong). if the coach is Japanese it would be pronounced as Tadasu but thats not of a common family name in Japan

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

That is correct, thought the western world would of knew
its been in the news early this year already.

His previous coach retired due to ill health

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
久しぶりの優勝ですが、喜びよりも驚きが勝っています!笑 どんなに苦しい時でも変わらず支えてくれた家族や関係者、ファンの方々、田勢監督やベンチコーチの董さんをはじめとするNTスタッフの皆さんに感謝しかないです。 応援本当にありがとうございました! this is from Harimoto official instagram account where he thanks everyone and his coaches. in RED is the name of his bench coach, the manager for Japanese players is Tasei. according to google translate, if the coach is chinese, his name would be Dong in pinyin (pronounced as Tong). if the coach is Japanese it would be pronounced as Tadasu but thats not of a common family name in Japan

董崎岷
Former Shanghai player (team mates with WLQ).
Same era of player as current Chinese head coach Qin

Last edited:
This user has no status.
IMO the CNT need to retire LGY from international competition.

Albeit that he is a beast he just cannot bring himself to actually win anything. But the issue is that he is amazing at beating Chinese players in the early rounds so he represents a real threat that he could knock out his fellow countrymen and then flop the final. which he has done before.

Also its unfair on LGY, he should focus on CTTSL as there he is a mega star but the stress of international losses have made him consider retirement before. It is better for him to be the whale in the lake than a depressed whale in an ocean.

Its a shame because i love lefties, and he is the closest the CNT have to a male spin based player on tour.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
IMO the CNT need to retire LGY from international competition.

Albeit that he is a beast he just cannot bring himself to actually win anything. But the issue is that he is amazing at beating Chinese players in the early rounds so he represents a real threat that he could knock out his fellow countrymen and then flop the final. which he has done before.

Also its unfair on LGY, he should focus on CTTSL as there he is a mega star but the stress of international losses have made him consider retirement before. It is better for him to be the whale in the lake than a depressed whale in an ocean.

Its a shame because i love lefties, and he is the closest the CNT have to a male spin based player on tour.

There will be a serious discussion, over the years LGY is just too unreliable and will freeze when BMT is required.
The lack of depth has force Ma Long and Xu Xin to stay around longer than the previous generational leaders...
FZD is the only solid bunch, these "no longer young" - replacement leaders, are just too unstable.
WCQ is probably the highest hope at the moment