advice for a blade - low student budget

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Hello,
Here I am again in this beautiful sport after a long break since my junior years.

I need to buy a new blade that suits my level as well as my small student budget...

I have an intermediate level. I am currently lacking consistency but I am quickly getting back into the game and hopefully I will soon be able to reach my previous level which was quite good as a junior.
I play rather offensively, close to or half distance from the table.

I saw various blades in my budget :

YINHE T-11+
YINHE Galaxy 437S
Yinhe Galaxy T-8S
Sanwei HC.5S
DHS POWER g7
Palio - Infinite3
SANWEI FEXTRA 7
yinhe Galaxy T-8S

I randomly came across these models that seem pretty decent overall and within my budget. Some might be too fast for my game (I think of the YINHE T-11+ for example,..)
Do you know of any of these models? Do you have any advice for me to buy one of these models ? or any other model to advise me ?

thank you very much !

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Hello,Here I am again in this beautiful sport after a long break since my junior years.I need to buy a new blade that suits my level as well as my small student budget...I have an intermediate level. I am currently lacking consistency but I am quickly getting back into the game and hopefully I will soon be able to reach my previous level which was quite good as a junior.I play rather offensively, close to or half distance from the table.I saw various blades in my budget :YINHE T-11+YINHE Galaxy 437SYinhe Galaxy T-8SSanwei HC.5SDHS POWER g7Palio - Infinite3SANWEI FEXTRA 7yinhe Galaxy T-8SI randomly came across these models that seem pretty decent overall and within my budget. Some might be too fast for my game (I think of the YINHE T-11+ for example,..)Do you know of any of these models? Do you have any advice for me to buy one of these models ? or any other model to advise me ?thank you very much !
If you want a cheap carbon, get a Sanwei CC for $12 or a combo. Or if you want wood, get a Yinhe MC-2 for $17.

This is a really good rubber for price and performance too: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...00024683461452!sea&curPageLogUid=5MQ637teGJEP

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
The problem with T-11+ is not the speed, it's the feel. It feels hard, hollow and like it has no dwell which makes it uncomfortable to make spin with. Most other blades are better for a conventional offensive game. Another blade for you to consider is the Neottec Voodoo Classic, which is what tabletennis11 uses to test their rubbers. it's hard to beat those aliexpress combos for price though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
The Sanwei Fextra 7 is replaced by Fextra One, but there are still plenty of Fextra 7 out there. A really good wooden blade is Sanwei V5 PRO. Quite fast, but with good feeling. A carbon blade that isn't too fast, and quite cheap is the new Sanwei C&C. A light weight more controllable soft carbon blade. Very much ping pong for the buck.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
Unfortunately, my Sanwei FEXTRA does not satisfy me. It doesn't have very good control and speed. So choose carefully. If you need more financial possibilities to buy what you need, then do like me. I use https://paperhelp.nyc/ to get help with some academic assignments and because of my good grades I have a good scholarship. This law essay writing service is useful enough for a busy student life.
Well, to be honest, I don’t really want you to have to put a whole ton of thought into budgeting. It should be simple and, after some initial setup, it should become little more than a background process in your head. It shouldn’t be an item of too much concern once you’ve structure everything correctly and fixed your spending habits.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I have a bunch of the cheaper Chinese blades.

Yinhe T-11 (old version), incredibly light, fast, and stiff, not great for looping.

Sanwei F3 (old version), surprisingly good balance of speed and touch, but very head heavy despite being fairly light at ~80 grams.

DHS PG-2, Hurricane-WN, PG-5, PG-7. The PG-7 is very nice, but it was also hand-picked by my cousin in China who's a pretty high level player. The rest were nothing special. One of them, I think the PG-5, has one of the plies being more than twice as thick as the corresponding ply on the opposite side. Quality control can definitely be an issue for the PG series, so unless you have a way of ensuring the quality yourself then I'd advise you to avoid them. This might be an issue with other cheaper Chinese blades as well.

I'm currently using a Yasaka Sweden Extra. It's only a little bit more expensive than the Chinese blades but you get assured quality and good feel. If you have a compact looping motion though you might need to pair it with faster rubbers. I have D09C and T05FX on it to ensure good speed without it being too head heavy.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, to be honest, I don’t really want you to have to put a whole ton of thought into budgeting. It should be simple and, after some initial setup, it should become little more than a background process in your head. It shouldn’t be an item of too much concern once you’ve structure everything correctly and fixed your spending habits.

Are you a real human or a bot? If a human, is there an actual reason why you quoted an Obvious Spam Bot that was only posting to put a link to that essay writing website? If you are a human, can ask you to please delete the quote from the spambot so the link is gone. And then, why are you talking about spending habits in a thread about a blade that is not so expensive where the OP has not asked anything about spending habits but simply wants an inexpensive setup?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
YINHE Galaxy 437S - 1270Hz without rubbers, Limba/5x Ayous/Limba 7 ply, slower than Fextra 7. Good control, stiffer than 5-ply
Yinhe Galaxy T-8S - Cypress top, External carbokev, 1550Hz (fast, stiff).
Sanwei HC.5S - Hinoki top, 1335Hz, Internal soft carbon. Good control.
SANWEI FEXTRA 7 - Limba top/Limba/... 1400Hz, 7 ply. Faster than Yinhe 437s.

Maybe start with a 5-ply offensive blade (Yasaka Sweden Extra, Neottec Vodoo Classic, Yinhe E3 or E3-VB)
Or a controlled 7-ply blade (Yinhe 437S, Victas/TSP Swat)
Play with someone's external ALC Viscaria blade, there are clones available, e.g. Yinhe Pro-01, but this is a very fast blade.
Or inner ALC like DHS B2.

Reactions: S-Pin
This user has no status.
The Sanwei Fextra 7 is replaced by Fextra One, but there are still plenty of Fextra 7 out there. A really good wooden blade is Sanwei V5 PRO. Quite fast, but with good feeling. A carbon blade that isn't too fast, and quite cheap is the new Sanwei C&C. A light weight more controllable soft carbon blade. Very much ping pong for the buck.
Sir, your information is really helpful to others.
Pls allow me to add to your comment that the sanwei accumulator S is also a cheap pure wood blade designed for training.

Reactions: jk1980 and mocker88