Which one from 3 Inner carbon blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2021
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Ma Lin carbon is slower than many 5 ply wood blades, the carbon layer is so thin that makes it almost non existent in my opinion.

I didn't play with the other blades so I don't have an opinion on them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I think the first question is what top layer you want:
Donic Original True Carbon: Koto - hard (ALC carbon)
Joola Emotion Rossi: Hinoki - softer (KLC carbon) (~1300 Hz)
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon: Limba - soft (Carbon?)

For example, I now prefer Limba top to Koto or Hinoki top right now. So I am using the DHS Fang Bo B2 (the slower one of the B2 and B2X, 1330Hz). (e.g. see this link, you can also get it on AliExpress for ca. $50). The B2 is the same stack as the DHS Hurricane Long 5 blade.
There are other Hinoki top / inner ALC Carbon blades, e.g. Sanwei HC Speed Light.
I recommend to play whatever blade you want to buy first, as the handles are also different size (e.g. I play the B2 with grip band), and the frequency of the blades is different too, see this link.

I found a significant difference between Limba and Koto top. I get more spin on my serves with Limba top. The control of the inner carbon B2 is really good. A little different from the review on TT11.

says [IMG]
I can say great things about these 3 blades, however, that won't do you any good. Despite all 3 blades have carbon, they are very different blades (as mentioned by other forum members before). The questions you should ask yourself: Why are you looking for a new blade? What didn't you like of your previous/current blade? What do you expect from a new blade?

ejprinz said it already: these 3 blades have different out layers. And each type has its style.

If you are looking for a regular OFF blade with lots of control -> Ma Lin Carbon
If you prefer high dwell time but slightly improved speed (compared to MLC) -> Rossi Emotion
Want to shoot the ball straight out of the bat (but still not as fast as TB ALC) -> OTC

Reactions: sasho
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2021
I look for a slower, but still close enough blade (and rubbers) to warm up prior to move to ALC Viscaria
How would you rate Joola Rossi Emotion with Nittaku Fast Arc G1 In order to get good spin / Insensibility to opponent spin / control / feel / speed / flexibility
what are characteristic of blade with Koto outter layer

Last edited:
says [IMG]
I tried the Rossi Emotion many years ago, but could not get used to the Hinoki outer ply. Hinoki is a very soft type of wood (500-800 lbf) and it holds the ball longer compared to other type of wood. Generally speaking, a softer blade is able to generate more spin.
Soft blade with relative firm rubbers like G1, might be a decent combination for you, but that's hard for me to judge. Sensitivity of incoming spin is mostly determined by the rubber, not by the blade. Rubbers which can generate high level of spin (like G1) are also more sensitive for incoming spin.

Koto is actually the opposite of Hinoki. Koto is hard wood (940 lbf), so the ball bounces off quickly. Most of BTY ALC blades (regular ALC not innerforce) have koto as outer ply. A blade with koto outer ply will feel faster compared to hinoki.

Last edited:
Reactions: sasho
This user has no status.
...and talking about Sanwei, I have the lovely HC-1S Hinoki/ALC. Softish feel, excellent balance, light weight 82g, the same speed range as TB ALC, but feels a tad slower due to the softer hinoki outer. One of mine do it all attacking blades

Hello dear, if you are a speed-attack style player, I contend a great carbon blade is your first choice.

For SANWEI product, I recommed SANWEI EX-C Paramid/ EX-C Froster. Both of their carbon are great.

Para-aramid carbon fiber and arylate carbon fiber.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If what you want is a blade that gets you ready to use a Viscaria then I would say you may want to consider a blade that has a Koto top ply and is all wood so, not quite as fast.

Avalox P-500 might be a good choice.
OSP V'King would be same plies but faster. It would also be a good choice.

The V'King would be a little slower and more controllable than the Viscaria. The P-500 would be a step back from that.

The ply construction for both blades is: Koto-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Koto

The Spruce under the Koto actually acts in a way that is similar to the ALC layer. But it is all wood so, not as fast. The Spruce layer is sort of springy. It adds dwell time, but also gives the blade a nice kick. Also, Spruce as a medial play has a unique feeling that is great.

Either of those would get you ready for the step up to a Viscaria.

This user has no status.

yeah the Hynover looks good..

another question.
why Sanwei 75 ALC
not on the official website https://sanweisport.com/

Hello dear friend!

This 75 blade is not in our product line. We don't have this model. Please purchase our product from our authorized distributors, just to avoid any potential fake products. The real-time product information can be founded on our official website.
We keep updating it, and all the latest info is on it.

Hello dear friend!

This 75 blade is not in our product line. We don't have this model. Please purchase our product from our authorized distributors, just to avoid any potential fake products. The real-time product information can be founded on our official website.
We keep updating it, and all the latest info is on it.

Ok thank's
what layers are in the EX-C froster PBO

This user has no status.
Hello dear, hope this picture will help you.😁
p%20png.png

This user has no status.
This sanwei rep is actually really cool. In answer to the OP I would actually go with a Koto outer wood blade. The biggest difference in feel is not the carbon placement but the wood.
Koto is very direct, lest spinny, when you play a backhand or forehand it feels like hitting with hard wood, where you point the bat it will go, but conversly lima or hinoki are more like dragging the ball on memory foam. The blocks feel less direct, but in return you get a feeling of comfort when brushing the ball.

Alternatively I feel you want visc because it is the top pro blade and therefore want a cool carbon blade (no issues, I love my cool carbon blades too) so maybe get a cheaper ALC blade like the fang Bo B2 or whatever the rep here is saying.

Because at the end of the day the best way to get ready for a fast direct blade like a viscaria with G1 is lots of practice! and so therefore whatever makes you enjoy the sport and get out on the table (within reason) will be your best option.

Reactions: Andrea Jiang