Upgrading chinese rubbers

Hi everyone, hope you're doing well

I'm currently using Hurricane 8 on my FH which I like, but the quality consistency is not really good. After some research, I've got some options myself:

- Get a provincial (Hurricane or Skyline) and boost it.
- Get a chinese or hybrid rubber with a better quality control but affordable (e.g. Nittaku Hurricane 3).

I'd like to hear your opinions and of course if you have another idea please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Note: I'm thinking of buying from TTNPP (http://ttnpp.com/store/) as the prices are pretty good and also seems legit.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
if you are really into chinese rubbers, get the provincial.

this is an interesting comment..
One of my mates in the club was a real fan of H3 and Neo.
Then he decided to "change up" to some Blue sponge provincials but was very disappointed and reckoned the difference was too small
to warrant the higher price.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Well the difference in speed or spin or anything is almost non-existent between commercial and provincial.

But if OP really needs the same rubber consistency, then yes your best bet would be to pay up for provincial rubber or the Nittaku version. So you are paying for the consistency, but not extra spin or speed or something.

this is an interesting comment..
One of my mates in the club was a real fan of H3 and Neo.
Then he decided to "change up" to some Blue sponge provincials but was very disappointed and reckoned the difference was too small
to warrant the higher price.

interesting, personally the most people i see using chinese rubbers use the provincial because of the higher qc. the sheets are not too different from each others

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Good day to you sir,

What is the different between 37 degrees Commercial NON-NEO H3 and 37 degrees Commercial H3 NEO.

Thank you,
Best regards

I think the difference is almost zero. Maybe Neo is 2% bouncier, but you would probably want to boost it yourself.

I think the difference is almost zero. Maybe Neo is 2% bouncier, but you would probably want to boost it yourself.

is like Michael said, the only thing i saw about NEO x non-NEO is the NEO versions are slighty softer on the same hardness like 2%-3% this is probably because of the factory tune.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hi everyone, hope you're doing well

I'm currently using Hurricane 8 on my FH which I like, but the quality consistency is not really good. After some research, I've got some options myself:

- Get a provincial (Hurricane or Skyline) and boost it.
- Get a chinese or hybrid rubber with a better quality control but affordable (e.g. Nittaku Hurricane 3).

I'd like to hear your opinions and of course if you have another idea please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Note: I'm thinking of buying from TTNPP (http://ttnpp.com/store/) as the prices are pretty good and also seems legit.

I literally had the same issue. And because of the increase in prices by DHS im done with H3. H8 was an alternative for a short time until i noticed serious hardness variation which feels even more uncomfortable with H8 than with H3.

My alternatives:

• Loki Arthur China (no booster needed, quality was exactly the same for me with 4 used sheets)
  • Big Dipper 2 (booster needed, but the topsheet varies in terms of tackiness so far but tolerable for me, especially within that pricerange)
  • Battle 2 provincial (would recommend to boost it)
  • Battle 2 gold (could go without boosting it, or boost it slightly because the gold version is already faster and more bouncy than the normal one)

Well the difference in speed or spin or anything is almost non-existent between commercial and provincial.

But if OP really needs the same rubber consistency, then yes your best bet would be to pay up for provincial rubber or the Nittaku version. So you are paying for the consistency, but not extra spin or speed or something.

Do you think Nittaku H3 would need boosting?

Do you think Nittaku H3 would need boosting?

yes. i have a partner who haves a nittaku h3 blue sponge and is like 80-85g per sheet this is too heavy, booster can give more 2-3g and some glues 1g but most of glues not gain this.

Get a 39 degree orange sponge provincial H3 to start with. It’s very forgiving and linear. 1-2 layers of booster will do the job.

Thank you! I've found out that boosting directly to the sponge will give an stronger effect but last shorter, and applying a layer of thin glue will weaken the boosting a bit but prolongs it. Do you agree? What's your opinion about both methods?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
The Nittaku H3 Pro Turbo Blue is very heavy and hard, it is about H43 hardness (feels a bit softer) and it is cca 9g heavier, cut, than DHS H3 BS H41. I didn't play with Turbo Orange yet, but according what the Nittaku says, it should be hardness cca 2 degrees less, meaning cca H41 (maybe feel like H40).

I'm writing this because I'm not sure you all speak about the same Nittaku H3. On Ali you can see Nittaku H3, which is not Nittaku H3 Turbo. I didn't try those non-turbo H3s from Nittaku. Can someone clarify?

The Nittaku H3 Pro Turbo Blue is very heavy and hard, it is about H43 hardness (feels a bit softer) and it is cca 9g heavier, cut, than DHS H3 BS H41. I didn't play with Turbo Orange yet, but according what the Nittaku says, it should be hardness cca 2 degrees less, meaning cca H41 (maybe feel like H40).

I'm writing this because I'm not sure you all speak about the same Nittaku H3. On Ali you can see Nittaku H3, which is not Nittaku H3 Turbo. I didn't try those non-turbo H3s from Nittaku. Can someone clarify?

Sure, it's this rubber: http://ttnpp.com/store/dhs/620-dhs-nittaku-hurricane-3-pro-6.html
I think you're referring about this: https://revspin.net/rubber/nittaku-hurricane-pro-iii-turbo-blue.html

I'm considering the Nittaku H3 (not Turbo) because is cheaper and has good reviews, but the turbo also seems good. Quite heavy though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I'm considering the Nittaku H3 (not Turbo) because is cheaper and has good reviews, but the turbo also seems good. Quite heavy though.

Tongue in cheek... Buy both, Nittaku H3 and DHS H3 provincial. In the hardness H39 it is about the same price. Tell us about the quality difference... :)