New Cybershape from STIGA

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
wishing this to be available is all and fine, but you can not expect a shop that probably does not have big stock to order blades without an actual paying customer willing to buy them and then weigh them. So either the shop is small and does not have many blades on stock. Then of course it is feasable to have the shop clerk weigh the in stock blades, but it might be pointless if only a few blades are in stock. If the shop has a higher stock volume that would indicate that it sells many blades and then the additional work required weighing is in itself is also a pretty time consuming process. You have to take into account that not many customers actually request a specific weight.

The current situation is that you can have a blade selected by weight (for free) if the shop has enough of them in stock, but it is always a manual labour task for somebody on the shop's end. I do know that the guys from tabletennis11 allow for blades to be weighed and hanno as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Just got my late Christmas present and have to say that I am not massively impressed with Stiga's quality control.

Firstly, I know Stiga don't sand down the wings of the blades so supposedly it gives me room for greater personalization... I don't really believe this, blades should be finished in a way that is comfortable and then if people want they can still sand them down further.

Secondly, I got a splinter from the handle. Whilst I don't think the blade is a bad product and I look forward to playing with it, for an all wood blade at this cost they really should spend a bit of time making sure blades are finished properly.

I've had a couple of custom made blades in this shape and when comparing them to the Siga product you would be forgiven for thinking the Stiga product cost half of what the custom made blades cost.

• Angry
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
My experience is that most blades do not come with presanded wings, no matter the cost. At least with Nittaku, Xiom or Yasaka.
I received my Cybershape Wood CWT and weighed it to be 82.35g (without any weights in) and a frequency of 1313 Hz. Adding the weights did not change the frequency obviously.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022

What rubbers are you gonna use for the blade?

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
wishing this to be available is all and fine, but you can not expect a shop that probably does not have big stock to order blades without an actual paying customer willing to buy them and then weigh them. So either the shop is small and does not have many blades on stock. Then of course it is feasable to have the shop clerk weigh the in stock blades, but it might be pointless if only a few blades are in stock. If the shop has a higher stock volume that would indicate that it sells many blades and then the additional work required weighing is in itself is also a pretty time consuming process. You have to take into account that not many customers actually request a specific weight.

The current situation is that you can have a blade selected by weight (for free) if the shop has enough of them in stock, but it is always a manual labour task for somebody on the shop's end. I do know that the guys from tabletennis11 allow for blades to be weighed and hanno as well.

I work for a TT shop and it is not all that time consuming. All of our competitors do it too.

I don't expect a shop to do it per say, but I won't buy from them if they don't, and charging $5 for it seems ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crillo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
My experience is that most blades do not come with presanded wings, no matter the cost. At least with Nittaku, Xiom or Yasaka.

I think that if a blade is in a condition where there has been no sanding on the edges at all and the handle still has splinters coming off it, then it just hasn't been finished properly. I have bought/ seen new blades from lots of other companies including Nittaku, Butterfly, Donic, SoulSpin, SDC and even Yinhe and the all make more of an effort with the finish of their blades.

This blade just did not feel like a premium product to me in any way. The Donic Exclusive blades (RRP about £23) that most kids around here start with feel much better to hold and don't hurt your hand around the wings.

Dear Stiga,
Please make sure your blades are playable out of the box without requiring further sanding. (Especially since this then makes selling the blades on once they've been sanded by the customer difficult).

Kind regards,
A.Customer

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Just got an email from stiga saying that the blade it's made from abachi and limba layers.
It seems to be more like an OFF- that someone wrote earlier.
So I'll might order one anyways. I'm curious though about the handle is it smaller beacuse really don't like the smaller handles.
Want a normal + size handle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
Just got an email from stiga saying that the blade it's made from abachi and limba layers.
It seems to be more like an OFF- that someone wrote earlier.
So I'll might order one anyways. I'm curious though about the handle is it smaller beacuse really don't like the smaller handles.
Want a normal + size handle.
It does have a larger handle than the nittaku regular ones.
It seems to be the dimensions like the Donic Applegren WC 89 flared and Xiom TMIXi handle. A bit thicker than the Nittaku Acoustic Special Grip Handle

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
As a first impression of the blade (comparing it to the Xiom HAL) the blade is distinctively slower, thus more controlled over the table.
rescue shots that i would reach for and get shoveled over the net with the HAL now simply end up in the net (and not by a small margin).

Doing a few loops on the robot left me with an impression of increased dwell time, but it also felt stiffer than the HAL.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022

So what conclusion are u getting by the blade so far?
Dosent it have enough power to life the ball when trying to do rescue shots.
And what rubbers are you using atm on it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
I would not conclude anything yet, but regarding the rescue shots where I reach for a ball that is well below the table level the amount of force i can excerpt with the wrist movement is not enough to get it over the net.
I hit the lower part of the net post twice today while I am sure I would have gotten the ball over with the HAL.

I guess I just need to get accustomed to this lack of power from the blade.

Currently with rubbers like the xiom j&h V47.5 from Xiom either my new rubber is still too dead and needs to be broken in to become more dynamic or this wood simply is better used with softer rubbers with more catapult.

I might get more spin in (can't judge yet), but quite a few serves were less fast and hence easier for my opponent to return.

I will give this blade a few weeks and see what the overall result für my play is, but if you are a player that does not like it do much short play then I think something like the HAL is better for attacking loopers.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G998B mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Zion