Alternative to Hurricane 3 Neo

Currently have H3 Neo on my forehand and Palio Ak47 on my backhand and the more I play the more I am falling in love with H3 on both sides. Thinking about switching to H3 on both sides but the issue is the smell. It took almost two weeks for the smell to finally go away. I am currently looking for an alternative rubber like H3 Neo because of the smell unless you guys have any suggestions on removing the smell. The thing I love about it is the chinese sponge and the top sheet and I love the feeling I get from brushing the ball and the price is affordable for what it gives. I honestly prefer spin over speed so any suggestions on alternatives or getting rid of the smell?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Arthur Loki China is like a boosted H3N. It's got the crack, the tack and I don't remember any smells.

You can always remove the packaging and air out the H3N somewhere you won't smell it for a week before using it.

Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hi,

I've used H3N, but don't recollect being bothered so much, by the smell..

Anyway, the following are not exactly like H3N, but are similar'ish

• 729 Battle II Pro
  • 729 Bloom Power
  • Sanwei Target National
  • Yinhe Big Dipper (Original Version)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hi,

I've used H3N, but don't recollect being bothered so much, by the smell..

Anyway, the following are not exactly like H3N, but are similar'ish

• 729 Battle II Pro
  • 729 Bloom Power
  • Sanwei Target National
  • Yinhe Big Dipper (Original Version)
I agree with these suggestions. Actually think Big Dipper is a great rubber. But I feel its much faster than H3, so I don't know if I consider it similar.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
i live in an apartment where i can't opened my window since i have my ac and i don't know if this current weather would affect the characteristics of the rubber. also what is the max thickness on the yinhe jupiter 2? also which has the most spin out of all these suggestions?
I've never heard of AC damaging rubber, so I think it's fine.

Max thickness on Jupiter 2 is probably 2.2mm.

Actually I think Jupiter 3 is a big upgrade over Jupiter 2 and a better rubber. But Jupiter 2 is slower and more similar to H3, if that's what you're looking for.

This user has no status.
If you can and want to boost you should take Big Dipper 2 or Battle 2 provincial.

Otherwise go for Loki Arthur China or Tibhar Hybrid K2 (has a flatter arc though).
Actually none of the above mentioned rubbers (maybe except for the Victas one) gets near the level of H3.
There are always trade offs but several of them have huge trade offs compared to a boosted H3.

I've never heard of AC damaging rubber, so I think it's fine.

Max thickness on Jupiter 2 is probably 2.2mm.

Actually I think Jupiter 3 is a big upgrade over Jupiter 2 and a better rubber. But Jupiter 2 is slower and more similar to H3, if that's what you're looking for.
its not that my ac will damage my rubber, but i can't open my room window because of my ac lol but i might get jupiter 2 on both sides since i found it for cheap thanks guys for the suggestion!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yinhe is cheap, so nothing to loose there.
It also comes with different sponge hardness, so your choice is a lot wider.

Loki, cheaper ones, Rxton family can do, ie 3 or 5.
more expensive ones, Aurthur China as mentioned above.
I have a couple of samples from Loki, pretty impressed with the rubbers.

H3 on both sides would make it heavy.
Right now a popular trend is H8-80 on backhand, you can look into that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Yinhe is cheap, so nothing to loose there.
It also comes with different sponge hardness, so your choice is a lot wider.

Loki, cheaper ones, Rxton family can do, ie 3 or 5.
more expensive ones, Aurthur China as mentioned above.
I have a couple of samples from Loki, pretty impressed with the rubbers.

H3 on both sides would make it heavy.
Right now a popular trend is H8-80 on backhand, you can look into that.

I have Rxton 5. Can you describe how you feel about this rubber's characteristics?

I'm also very interested in Arthur China. What do you think about this one?

This user has no status.
Based on your mention of preferring spin vs. speed, I suggest you try 729/Friendship Battle Max Pro. It really needs physical investment (and footwork/vertical body position awareness) in each shot to be played with quality, but it has a tremendous amount of mechanical deformability, which can load the ball with much better spin than you would expect from the only slight to medium tacky rubber topsheet it has - and the playing characteristics are very reliable - no sudden changes, you get what you put in.
I have a racket with this rubber on both sides, and I am grinning when I see the surprise on my opponents' faces when they get a ball with two times the spin they expected. I have 39° hardness on both sides - maybe on backhand I could have used 38°, but I am not concerned enough to replace it :)

Yinhe Big Dipper and Jupiter III can be a bit fast (can be played between Chinese and European styles), but it is still worth trying them, so you can see how those would work for you.
I have personally found Loki Rxton III somewhat underwhelming, but on a tight budget, that would also work, just not for wonders.

Reactions: turbozed
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Based on your mention of preferring spin vs. speed, I suggest you try 729/Friendship Battle Max Pro. It really needs physical investment (and footwork/vertical body position awareness) in each shot to be played with quality, but it has a tremendous amount of mechanical deformability, which can load the ball with much better spin than you would expect from the only slight to medium tacky rubber topsheet it has - and the playing characteristics are very reliable - no sudden changes, you get what you put in.
I have a racket with this rubber on both sides, and I am grinning when I see the surprise on my opponents' faces when they get a ball with two times the spin they expected. I have 39° hardness on both sides - maybe on backhand I could have used 38°, but I am not concerned enough to replace it :)

Yinhe Big Dipper and Jupiter III can be a bit fast (can be played between Chinese and European styles), but it is still worth trying them, so you can see how those would work for you.
I have personally found Loki Rxton III somewhat underwhelming, but on a tight budget, that would also work, just not for wonders.
Yes, when the guru did the review on the Loki rubbers, the no 5 came out best , no3 not so much and the GT was virtually rubbished.

Reactions: Attitude
i ended up buying the yinhe jupiter 2 max on both sides with a racket case for like $45 with free shipping so I can't wait to get that in and I'm planning on ordering the gewo aruna carbon basic from germany because its sold out here in the us and it's the cheapest aruna blade so i cant wait to get those in!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Btw Ive been testing out Big Dipper on BH. I know Mocker and some other guys like this setup. Compared to ESN rubbers, it is far less forgiving. So far im not quite used to it as im never sure which angle the ball is going to go at.

But when you hit a clean shot, it is very spinny and powerful on BH.

Reactions: mocker88