Butterfly officially announces Glazer and Glazer 09C

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
The real question is why they feel the need to sell Dignics at the price they do. And I'm sure the rubbers are formulated to have different performance than just slapping a softer sponge underneath the same topsheet, otherwise they would make them into FX versions and sell them for the same price as regular Dignics like they did Tenergy.
To make lotsa moneysss!!!

I'm pretty sure the base cost is more or less the same to make all these rubbers, what adds to the cost of Dignics and Tenergy is all the marketing and sponsorship attached to them.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I'm confused why these aren't just sold as Dignics 09c-FX and D 05-FX. Why are they able to sell these significantly cheaper than Dignics?
If they called them Dignics FX, they'd have to sell them at Dignics prices. Also the performance of the Glayzer rubbers doesn't seem quite on par with that of the Dignics rubbers, pros will likely not play with them like they have with Tenergy FX in the past, when softer rubbers where more adopted by pros on the BH. FX typically refers to rubbers that are 40-43 degrees on the Euro scale by several brands. Lastly, they can sell them for significantly cheaper because there won't be added huge marketing and sponsorship costs like there are for Tenergy and Dignics, better for the public!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I would've liked the Glayzer more if it was a Jr Dignics that was faster than Rozena, and maybe near or above Tenergy speed.
You don't seem to understand that with sticky/hybrid rubbers, there's always less speed, the D09C is actually the slowest of all Dignics rubber, so to me the ratings of the Glayzer 09C totally make sense. The Galyzer is more spinny than the Rozena, higher arc, so it makes sense too that it has less speed than the Rozena.

In a few words: in the rubbers industry, you always trade spin for speed for the same level of control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
That chart is off. There is no stroke that produces more spin with Rozena than any Tenergy. Even Sriver is more spinny than Rozena. Rozena is a lot faster though.

Reactions: Lazer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 1 reviews
That chart is off. There is no stroke that produces more spin with Rozena than any Tenergy. Even Sriver is more spinny than Rozena. Rozena is a lot faster though.
I'm quite sceptical that Tenergy has a lower 'arc line' than Dignics, unless I'm misunderstanding what they mean by that or something has been lost in translation.

I agree, Rozena is one of the lamest rubbers I have tried...
This chart is not lined up with Buttefly's previous chart.

Cheers
L-zr

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023

Cheers
L-zr

in the old version (not sure which year this is released, but it has Dignics on it), Tenergy and their respective FX versions have the same ratings. All Roundells have the same ratings. This does not seem correct as it's suggesting the sponge hardness has no impact on rubber performance.

In the new chart, T25 is now much slower than T05 with similar spin; in the old chart it was slightly faster but slightly less spinny than T05. T05 hard has better ratings than Dignics 09C surprisingly (similar spin with slightly more speed). These suggest to me that Butterfly may genuinely changed how they test the rubbers, and the new ratings aren't (completely) marketing scam.

in the old version (not sure which year this is released, but it has Dignics on it), Tenergy and their respective FX versions have the same ratings. All Roundells have the same ratings. This does not seem correct as it's suggesting the sponge hardness has no impact on rubber performance.

In the new chart, T25 is now much slower than T05 with similar spin; in the old chart it was slightly faster but slightly less spinny than T05. T05 hard has better ratings than Dignics 09C surprisingly (similar spin with slightly more speed). These suggest to me that Butterfly may genuinely changed how they test the rubbers, and the new ratings aren't (completely) marketing scam.
The new one is missing Aibiss also.
That’s a fairly new rubber, is it gonna be discontinued or is this a preliminary diagram?

At least speed ought to be two dimensional where one dimension is force.

Cheers
L-zr

Jan 2023
The new one is missing Aibiss also.
That’s a fairly new rubber, is it gonna be discontinued or is this a preliminary diagram?

At least speed ought to be two dimensional where one dimension is force.

Cheers
L-zr
I think Aibiss is discontinued. It's apparently the worst non-Chinese tacky rubber ever made. I've seen it on sale on several Chinese online shop, which is unusual for Butterfly.

Spin should also be two dimensional. The spin you get from serving is rarely the same as the spin you get from powerlooping.

Reactions: WingTT and Lazer
says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
Nov 2022

Cheers
L-zr
Well, it hurts me a bit. LOL. I just bought a pair of Rozena at the end of last year because my rubbers would be dead in a few months. I was afraid the price would increase after a new year. I shouldn't have done it, especially when Glayzer and Glayzer 09C are now available.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Spin should also be two dimensional. The spin you get from serving is rarely the same as the spin you get from powerlooping.
Obviously, because the strokes are different but the rubber doesn't change. That is true for all rubbers. The tangential speed of the rubber against the ball should be higher when looping than when serving. Also, when looping, the incoming ball often has top spin which results in more top spin going back.
Simply blocking an incoming top spin ball will result in a top spin ball going back. Pathfinderpro has a video that shows this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Not saying that the Glayzer series is another BTY cash grab attempt at the lower tier but given their history with Aibiss and Rozena, I'm waiting for some other sucker in the club to get them so I can try it.

• Haha
Reactions: Choosikick