WTT Star Contender Doha 2024

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Phenomenal performance from both Lind and Chuang (42yo). Probably one of the best qualification matches
Great match! Thanks for mentioning it. Lind makes matches very entertaining with all of the different shots he tries.

For everyone who hasn't seen it yet, the cut replay is available (with no sound issues, thank god):

Reactions: Shine
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Great match! Thanks for mentioning it. Lind makes matches very entertaining with all of the different shots he tries.

For everyone who hasn't seen it yet, the cut replay is available (with no sound issues, thank god):

Lind is on track to join the entertaining crowd of Xu Xin, Niwa and Gauzy. His touch is just insanely good.

Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
 Togami still has problem with keeping the lead but at least he was decisive enough to close the set.
As for Uda, I'm surprised to see him actively score with his bh against Lee yesterday

Uda vs Darko would be an interesting match. Darko’s deadly bh might cause some troubles.

Another good match would be Lind vs Lin SD. I hope Lind can perform 100% today.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
The production of this event is somehow well below even WTT standards. All sorts of problem with weird shadows or spotlights cast on the table, camera pixelation issues, someone's phone constantly vibrating near the microphone, and then random people walking around for no reason at all while players are playing.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
XD QF
Ionescu/Szocs 3-2 Harimoto/Hayata (-6, 6, -8, 7, 8)

Hayata was way off and Harimoto failed to carry the pair.

Jan 2018
MS R32
Togami 3-2 Freitas (8, 9, -8, -12, 7)
G5 55, 57 TO for Togami, 117, 6 in a row. Who was coaching at the bench?

WS R32
Dragoman 0-3 Harimoto (-17, -6, -7)
Dragoman played well in G1. Would've been much harder for Harimoto had she gotten that game.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
MS R32
Togami 3-2 Freitas (8, 9, -8, -12, 7)
G5 55, 57 TO for Togami, 117, 6 in a row. Who was coaching at the bench?
maybe Wang Kai, the coach of Kinoshita Meister.

Togami struggles with Freitas reverse pendulum quite a lot today, but the climb from 5-10 in the 4th and the last 6 consecutive points after TO showed certain growth in mentality.

Jan 2018
MS R32
ZQH 2-3 QD (6, -10, -4, 7, -9)
Jorgic 3-1 Uda (11, 5, -11, 3)
Acceptable result for Uda after coming back from his low back injury.

WD QF
Polcanova/Szocs 3-0 ZR/KM (4, 11, 7)

Last edited:
Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Yikes, Han Ying got hurt during her game vs. Jeon Jihee. She was leading 7-2 in the 5th set when Jeon faked a loop into a push and HY rushed forward to get to the ball, seems to have hyperflexed her ankle during it and perhaps injured her achilles. Doesn't seem to be a complete tear as I overheard the trainer saying she has good range of motion after examining her.

Szoc notched another big win in women's doubles, pairing with Polcanova and defeating Zhang Rui/Kuai Man in straight sets.

Harimoto/Shinozuka notched a big win over LSD/LGY in men's doubles, also in straight sets!

Then there's the incredible XD match between the two Korean pairs Jang/Jeon vs. Lim/Shin. Some really awesome rallies.

Lastly, we've got ML/WCQ cruising. It feels like it's been forever since ML has played doubles. I know he played one set in the mixed teams event, but that was just one set. I wonder if the CNT is trying to see if he can be more useful as a doubles player as he ages since it can cover for his weakness in recovery due to simply not being as quick as before.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Lastly, we've got ML/WCQ cruising. It feels like it's been forever since ML has played doubles. I know he played one set in the mixed teams event, but that was just one set. I wonder if the CNT is trying to see if he can be more useful as a doubles player as he ages since it can cover for his weakness in recovery due to simply not being as quick as before.
You're overthinking this, he is on the current Olympic team and with FZD as #1, WCQ and ML are the Olympics doubles team.

Reactions: dingyibvs