5ply to 5+2 inner construction

This user has no status.
Hey everyone. I currently play with the Butterfly Petr Korbel with boosted H3N Prov OS 39 degree on the forehand and T19 on the backhand. For future references, what would be your recommended inner 5+2 blades to upgrade too once i start to outgrow the Petr Korbel or want something more out of my blade? Preferably I would like a blade that plays well close and mid distance to the table and has a good balance of speed, spin, and control. Also something that's not direct but more for 2 wing loopers. I don't care about the brand, just want some recommendations for future me to look at once that time comes.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Jul 2022
283
123
418
I moved from a Korbel to a butterfly innerforce alc, a bit faster but still had spin and that wood feel type. A nicely balanced blade. On a budget you could try DHS PG5x, even cheaper than the korbel. :)
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2024
2,520
3,403
8,079
Read 7 reviews
For a small step, Ma Lin (now Myth) Carbon. Roughly the same speeds at low to medium power but it has just a little bit more oomph when playing harder.
For a bigger step, Innerforce Layer ALC.
Adding a little bit more, Harimoto ALC.

If you like the larger size of the head on Korbel, Harimoto is the same, Ma Lin Carbon is ever so slightly smaller and Innerforce Layer ALC is again a little bit smaller coming in at a standard 157x150.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
you can go for this one also, Loki W81 inner Pro (Inner with Limba outer ply) similar construction to Harimoto :


I play personnaly with the DHS 301T inner with Koto outer (so more stiff and direct than Limba), the handle though in dhs is smaller than the "regular" one
also would you recommend the 301T? it does seem interesting. I dont mind the small handles since during my ej phase, i had the fang bo b2x and it was a good blade.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Jan 2026
101
55
190
how about the liang jingkun adc blade?
sorry I don't know much about it never tried it looks interesting
also would you recommend the 301T? it does seem interesting. I dont mind the small handles since during my ej phase, i had the fang bo b2x and it was a good blade.
Yes it's a very good blade that can delivers high power when engaging the carbon , not much test online about it though as it's not very popular here is few review on it :


 
This user has no status.
If you have the budget the Hurricane King ACB is very interesting as well little bit faster than the 301T :


definitely going with the King ACB now that you've mentioned it. it looks awesome and probably a great blade to upgrade too. Though its definitely going to be a blade I need to learn to control with time. The speed difference is probably going to be pushing my capabilities a little but im here for a challenge.
 
Top