This user has no status.
New Member
I am planning on switching from the bluegrip c2 to j1 any advice and feedback on this setup from people who have played with it the blade and rubbers.
Nice to know. Does the j1 need long strokes as I play with short strokes close to the tableI played with J1 on both sides on a Xiom Hayabusa ZL Pro (inner fiber blade, should not be as fast as AL Hexacarbon according to https://ttgearlab.com/2024/03/15/performance-indices-db-inner-fiber-blades/) for about 6 months, and if I'd go for the J1 again I'd personally try it on a MUCH stiffer blade (to combat the spin sensitivity in the lower gears). I think there's a very good reason the ZJK Original Carbon and New Era are rather stiff.
But I think the AL Hexacarbon would fare better than my Hayabusa due to the Koto outer layer.
That's a question I don't think I can't answer fully I'm afraid.Nice to know. Does the j1 need long strokes as I play with short strokes close to the table
Then, given your feedback, I'd say that Amartyaj's current C2 rubber is a lot better fit for his playstyle than J1.Short strokes need better timing and a good amount of trampoline.
Professional players in this category play Z03 or D05 (dont know for other brands)
Thanks for your reply, they have been very helpful. I have decided to go ahead with the c2 instead of the j1 as it has more spin and I don't think I will be able to activate the sponge.Then, given your feedback, I'd say that Amartyaj's current C2 rubber is a lot better fit for his playstyle than J1.
I personally thought that C2 was leaning towards a more "tensory" feel for a hybrid (played with it for ~8 months).
Glad to hear that I was able to help outThanks for your reply, they have been very helpful. I have decided to go ahead with the c2 instead of the j1 as it has more spin and I don't think I will be able to activate the sponge.