Donic Anders lind hexacarbon with bluegrip j1

Poi

This user has no status.

Poi

This user has no status.
Member
Mar 2026
18
15
89
I played with J1 on both sides on a Xiom Hayabusa ZL Pro (inner fiber blade, should not be as fast as AL Hexacarbon according to https://ttgearlab.com/2024/03/15/performance-indices-db-inner-fiber-blades/) for about 6 months, and if I'd go for the J1 again I'd personally try it on a MUCH stiffer blade (to combat the spin sensitivity in the lower gears). I think there's a very good reason the ZJK Original Carbon and New Era are rather stiff.

But I think the AL Hexacarbon would fare better than my Hayabusa due to the Koto outer layer.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
New Member
Nov 2025
3
0
4
I played with J1 on both sides on a Xiom Hayabusa ZL Pro (inner fiber blade, should not be as fast as AL Hexacarbon according to https://ttgearlab.com/2024/03/15/performance-indices-db-inner-fiber-blades/) for about 6 months, and if I'd go for the J1 again I'd personally try it on a MUCH stiffer blade (to combat the spin sensitivity in the lower gears). I think there's a very good reason the ZJK Original Carbon and New Era are rather stiff.

But I think the AL Hexacarbon would fare better than my Hayabusa due to the Koto outer layer.
Nice to know. Does the j1 need long strokes as I play with short strokes close to the table
 

Poi

This user has no status.

Poi

This user has no status.
Member
Mar 2026
18
15
89
Nice to know. Does the j1 need long strokes as I play with short strokes close to the table
That's a question I don't think I can't answer fully I'm afraid.
I personally like to take a step back after the opening topspin and do bigger strokes, so I don't know which rubber characteristics are good when playing close to the table with short strokes.

But what I can tell you is that I found the rubber to have a rather high activation window, i.e. it needed more power to activate the sponge (other reviewers have for example described the rubber as "non-linear"). When I did a stroke that activated the sponge fully, it was very rewarding (good spin and speed) and rather predictable.
But when I didn't commit fully during a stroke, for example a weak or hesitant 3:rd ball attack, I got severely punished for it (due to spin sensitivity).

So I'd say that if you can put enough energy into your short strokes (or if the incoming ball already have enough speed and spin), J1 might suit you. If not, I would not recommend it unfortunately.

A question, what's your reason for wanting to switch from C2 to J1, i.e. what are you looking to gain from the switch? Is it, for example, the more "chinese" feeling in the low gears or just to experiment for fun?
 
Last edited:

Poi

This user has no status.

Poi

This user has no status.
Member
Mar 2026
18
15
89
Short strokes need better timing and a good amount of trampoline.

Professional players in this category play Z03 or D05 (dont know for other brands)
Then, given your feedback, I'd say that Amartyaj's current C2 rubber is a lot better fit for his playstyle than J1.
I personally thought that C2 was leaning towards a more "tensory" feel for a hybrid (played with it for ~8 months).
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
New Member
Nov 2025
3
0
4
Then, given your feedback, I'd say that Amartyaj's current C2 rubber is a lot better fit for his playstyle than J1.
I personally thought that C2 was leaning towards a more "tensory" feel for a hybrid (played with it for ~8 months).
Thanks for your reply, they have been very helpful. I have decided to go ahead with the c2 instead of the j1 as it has more spin and I don't think I will be able to activate the sponge.
 
Top