DHS fans unite!

Allright this time I can tell that I've found the one.
It's w968 Golden with H3 ML 42 and H3 ML 37.
At first, I thought that 42 is too hard, 37 - too soft.

But now I play with both of them unboosted (booster effect went away, I boosted the black one with 3 layers of Haifu black initially, red with 2).
The black rubber is already almost 6 months old and since it wasn't much tacky in the first place, it still performs very well. I can execute every shot very confidently, even the counters to heavy spinny loops. Same for red one. I really think that 'Star national' versions of rubbers are top notch, not something CNT gets, but it's very good. With these two I can be very confident that all my shots would go to the table.

End of EJing for me. Remember this moment!

I tried prov. orange sponge on the fh 40, orange sponge national 40 - but the Star National BS is still much better. Its like it grabs the ball and I can put it with my hand anywhere.
BH 37 might be a little too soft may be? But for now I am content with 37 Star National ML.

It's truly a gem.

One thing to note: FH side must be glued with at least 3 layers of glue on the rubber and 2 layers on the blade, this way I think it adds a lot of elasticity and it doesn't feel very hard. BH 2 layers + 1 is fine for me.

May be one downside of this blade is you have to be active with shots, semi effort ones dont' work well.

Let know if you need a gameplay video of this setup.

Edit: performance with b2 gold was nice too, however the feeling is not there - and that's what distinguishes H3 from the other rubbers..
1791180305501.jpeg

1791180311411.jpeg

1791180316360.jpeg
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Feb 2024
206
162
553
Allright this time I can tell that I've found the one.
It's w968 Golden with H3 ML 42 and H3 ML 37.
At first, I thought that 42 is too hard, 37 - too soft.

But now I play with both of them unboosted (booster effect went away, I boosted the black one with 3 layers of Haifu black initially, red with 2).
The black rubber is already almost 6 months old and since it wasn't much tacky in the first place, it still performs very well. I can execute every shot very confidently, even the counters to heavy spinny loops. Same for red one. I really think that 'Star national' versions of rubbers are top notch, not something CNT gets, but it's very good. With these two I can be very confident that all my shots would go to the table.

End of EJing for me. Remember this moment!

I tried prov. orange sponge on the fh 40, orange sponge national 40 - but the Star National BS is still much better. Its like it grabs the ball and I can put it with my hand anywhere.
BH 37 might be a little too soft may be? But for now I am content with 37 Star National ML.

It's truly a gem.

One thing to note: FH side must be glued with at least 3 layers of glue on the rubber and 2 layers on the blade, this way I think it adds a lot of elasticity and it doesn't feel very hard. BH 2 layers + 1 is fine for me.

May be one downside of this blade is you have to be active with shots, semi effort ones dont' work well.

Let know if you need a gameplay video of this setup.

Edit: performance with b2 gold was nice too, however the feeling is not there - and that's what distinguishes H3 from the other rubbers..
View attachment 43616
View attachment 43617
View attachment 43618
Now you have to find the perfect setup for your penhold style 😂
 
  • Love
Reactions: mihalichtheone
says what [IMG]
says what [IMG]
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Feb 2016
2,802
1,734
5,729
Read 2 reviews
I really think that 'Star national' versions of rubbers are top notch, not something CNT gets, but it's very good.
Most of CNT and sponsored players use something that's really close to H3 Neo National. I'd be inclined to say it's the exact same sheet, but they probably have a more controlled distribution channel than the resellers get.

They will pick out the good sheets, but otherwise it's not some super sheet. Your STAR Player sheets are better than what they use.

I think sponsored players do get very minor customisation in the hardness (So 41.5 instead of only 41 and 42 and so on) but I've been told it's "nothing special". The blades are more custom; fully custom in fact apart from the basic chassis layout.

The Star National versions are just "replicas" of the actual player rubbers, maybe cut from a slightly worse part of the sheet and maybe going through a bit less QC and with different markings. You can buy the real sheets from old leftover batches mostly from big tournaments, but you should honestly buy a fresher "normal" sheet, it will play better most likely.

I honestly can't tell Commercial, Provincial and National from eachother (Have not done A-B tests on the same blade, though, so maybe there I could) but I'm yet to try the STAR Player version. Some day I will be stupid enough to buy it, and if it really is better then curse myself with what I've got myself into LOL.

I'm sure they're more elastic for the same hardness and probably have more precisely controlled grip and tackiness. Everyone says they actually grip a bit less with Commercial and Provincial being the highest and I would agree with this.

It might be how the sheets come out when cut, or it might be an intentional adjustment to the formula, I dunno. Probably done for a better speed vs grip compromise. Or maybe just coincidence every time.
 
Allright this time I can tell that I've found the one.
It's w968 Golden with H3 ML 42 and H3 ML 37.
At first, I thought that 42 is too hard, 37 - too soft.

But now I play with both of them unboosted (booster effect went away, I boosted the black one with 3 layers of Haifu black initially, red with 2).
The black rubber is already almost 6 months old and since it wasn't much tacky in the first place, it still performs very well. I can execute every shot very confidently, even the counters to heavy spinny loops. Same for red one. I really think that 'Star national' versions of rubbers are top notch, not something CNT gets, but it's very good. With these two I can be very confident that all my shots would go to the table.

End of EJing for me. Remember this moment!

I tried prov. orange sponge on the fh 40, orange sponge national 40 - but the Star National BS is still much better. Its like it grabs the ball and I can put it with my hand anywhere.
BH 37 might be a little too soft may be? But for now I am content with 37 Star National ML.

It's truly a gem.

One thing to note: FH side must be glued with at least 3 layers of glue on the rubber and 2 layers on the blade, this way I think it adds a lot of elasticity and it doesn't feel very hard. BH 2 layers + 1 is fine for me.

May be one downside of this blade is you have to be active with shots, semi effort ones dont' work well.

Let know if you need a gameplay video of this setup.

Edit: performance with b2 gold was nice too, however the feeling is not there - and that's what distinguishes H3 from the other rubbers..
It's left+middle+left+right then random. The blade + rubber combo is for continuous top spins :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Haito and latej
Now you have to find the perfect setup for your penhold style 😂
The Xu Xin style of play is set: Stiga Dynasty, Either TG2 or H3 for FH and H3 for bh

However, Ma Lin style which I adore a lot I still haven't discovered the blade better than YEO. However YEO lacks support for the modern play, so nothing to replace it. w968 is too bendy, Dynasty is geared towards top spin play...no idea really. Probably some outer carbon Yinhe Pro 02 (thicker viscaria basically) may be considered, but I haven't tried it.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: RPB Enthusiast
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Feb 2024
206
162
553
The Xu Xin style of play is set: Stiga Dynasty, Either TG2 or H3 for FH and H3 for bh

However, Ma Lin style which I adore a lot I still haven't discovered the blade better than YEO. However YEO lacks support for the modern play, so nothing to replace it. w968 is too bendy, Dynasty is geared towards top spin play...no idea really. Probably some outer carbon Yinhe Pro 02 (thicker viscaria basically) may be considered, but I haven't tried it.
Now's the time 😂
 
What do you guys think about the Fang Bo b2x against hurricane301x?
Have you read through the report at ttgearlab lab for 301x?
For the b2x, you can find some good information on that same site under fang bo blade comments discussion at the bottom.

Based on measurements, the 301x has similar measurements to viscaria even though its inner.
The b2x is supposed to be similar to the long 5x which was tested.

I tried the old long 5 and felt it required to much effort for someone around 50 like me. Based on measurements, the newer version should make it easier to use.
 
Top