Butterfly officially announces Glazer and Glazer 09C

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I would've liked the Glayzer more if it was a Jr Dignics that was faster than Rozena, and maybe near or above Tenergy speed.
But we haven't tried it yet, have we? So we shouldn't judge it too quickly. We can't just go by the stats, even from the manufacturer.

On paper I love harder, better, faster, stronger, but in reality, I like feel first and foremost, then fast enough, control and quality.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Glayzer 09c black.jpg
Glayzer red.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
do you have a habit of using used rubbers ? in my country they sell a lot of used (almost new) Dignics, Tenergy half the price

I've always wondered about this. Is there a secondary market for all the half-used expensive Butterfly rubbers that pros and rich amateur players burn through? I'm guessing the pros that are sponsored by Butterfly are required to destroy or send them back. But there's a large number of people that are removing very expensive rubbers with plenty of play time left and I've always wondered where they end up.

Reactions: KM1976 and JeffM
says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
I've always wondered about this. Is there a secondary market for all the half-used expensive Butterfly rubbers that pros and rich amateur players burn through? I'm guessing the pros that are sponsored by Butterfly are required to destroy or send them back. But there's a large number of people that are removing very expensive rubbers with plenty of play time left and I've always wondered where they end up.
Maybe this is where they ended up. I don't know about other countries but in Vietnam there are many sellers who regularly have used rubbers with good condition in stock - all about 20-30$ in price. And they sell a lot since most of us can't afford the price of brand new rubbers

328319848_554481579940742_2894065328233467626_n.jpg

328708287_871046693948959_967107050560652839_n.jpg

329448479_5997783386953381_5305737213352343246_n.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Maybe this is where they ended up. I don't know about other countries but in Vietnam there are many sellers who regularly have used rubbers with good condition in stock - all about 20-30$ in price. And they sell a lot since most of us can't afford the price of brand new rubbers
Very interesting. I'm living in Vietnam right now too so I guess I can try out some high end rubbers for cheap in the future. Do you happen to know which shops in Saigon sell these used rubbers? Or are these Lazada/Shoppee sellers?

Also, a bit off-topic, but do you know of any clubs in Saigon that do someting like league play? Is there a Vietnam rating system similar to other countries? The places I've found here, most people just hit around with each other randomly.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
Very interesting. I'm living in Vietnam right now too so I guess I can try out some high end rubbers for cheap in the future. Do you happen to know which shops in Saigon sell these used rubbers? Or are these Lazada/Shoppee sellers?

Also, a bit off-topic, but do you know of any clubs in Saigon that do someting like league play? Is there a Vietnam rating system similar to other countries? The places I've found here, most people just hit around with each other randomly.
yes, i can send you some well known shops by messages if you want. They sell on Facebook, I don't see any on Shopee/LZD. For the tournaments, I don't know much in Saigon since I live in Hanoi, they have 2 or 3 leagues tournament here, also regular weekend tournaments

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I would've liked the Glayzer more if it was a Jr Dignics that was faster than Rozena, and maybe near or above Tenergy speed.
Have you played Rozena - it is a pretty fast rubber. its not to disimilar to 05 speed wise. I was surprised as a toned down version for a wider audience that it wasn't a tad slower.

These seems like a toned down Dignics 05 and Dignics 09c - makes sense to me

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Have you played Rozena - it is a pretty fast rubber. its not to disimilar to 05 speed wise. I was surprised as a toned down version for a wider audience that it wasn't a tad slower.

These seems like a toned down Dignics 05 and Dignics 09c - makes sense to me
I agree - I love D05 but prefer it boosted a little to soften it whilst retaining the lovely top sheet. I hope Glazer might be an easier to access option.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Price should be between $50 and $60, really hoping for $50 since it will be around $45 in Japan but one can only dream since the US loves a markup.

Hopefully priced the same as Rozena in the UK but I imagine it will be closer to Tenergy prices.

Even so that will be better than Dignics prices :)

This user has no status.
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Also, stats give us an idea of what a rubber might be, but feel is everything.

Rozena has a good feel but not a great feel, it's not crisp for exemple. It's not great at anything other than being pretty good at everything, I call it a swiss-army knife and praise it a lot as such!
Thomas, How is Hammond Z2? I saw that you are using that one as per your signature