Harder version of Omega 7 Pro?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Depends what you mean with similar.

Within the same series, there is omega 7 Asia, which I use on BH. Great rubber imo but plays different to Omega 7 Pro.
Similar in playing feel, soft topsheet, rigid sponge.
I'd try Omega 7 Tour select I (as it's in 48, 50 and 52.5 degrees) but I can't source it anymore.

Edit: A rubber with forgiving rubber but direct. Which I usually attribute to high catapult rubbers, but I like the spin insensitivity of the Omega 7 Pro.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
I'd try Omega 7 Tour select I (as it's in 48, 50 and 52.5 degrees) but I can't source it anymore.

Edit: A rubber with forgiving rubber but direct. Which I usually attribute to high catapult rubbers, but I like the spin insensitivity of the Omega 7 Pro.
Yeah I am pretty sure Omega 7 Asia is going to be your best chance

This user has no status.
Yes but what would I use in the mean time? Heck, the rubbers may only be available on Dandoy or TT11 by 2025.
Omega 7 Asia is harder rubber in that lineup. You can also try this trick but at your own risk. When gluing Omega 7 pro, if you stretch the rubber a little bit while attaching it to the blade and using a roller, the rubber will feel a little harder.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Omega 7 Asia is harder rubber in that lineup. You can also try this trick but at your own risk. When gluing Omega 7 pro, if you stretch the rubber a little bit while attaching it to the blade and using a roller, the rubber will feel a little harder.
I actually tried that as it felt so weak when I rolled it normally.
Didn't work, even tried boosting with haifu, nope.

This user has no status.
I actually tried that as it felt so weak when I rolled it normally.
Didn't work, even tried boosting with haifu, nope.
No point in boosting a sponge that soft anyway. Consider trying the Omega 7 tour and boosting that. I have never tried that so I don't know how it'll play after.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023

Okay, for sure just get a sheet of Omega 7 Asia. Harder with a soft topsheet, similar to MX-S but faster, very spinny (need more brushing in comparison to O7P where the ball sinks in), and quite durable. Also IMO good short game and great for blocking

I use it on BH no problem