Thoughts on Rhyzer Pro 50 and Golden Tango

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Interested in getting some thoughts from the forum on this topic, particularly with regard to topsheet comparisons. Obviously some of you may know that Golden Tango and the Rhyzer series were discontinued and the Rhyzen/Tronix/Dynaryz lines have become the main rubber lines for JOOLA.

I'm curious to hear from more players of different levels how they felt (particularly about the topsheet) when comparing Rhyzer Pro with Dynaryz and say Golden Tango with Rhyzen ZGR/Tronix ZGR.

All feedback will be very useful so please give your honest thoughts.
Thanks

• Wow
Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Sad to see GT go but in all honesty I think the Tronix ZGR was a bit faster and more generally appealing due to being nontacky, the function of the rubber remains basically the same. The tackiness of GT did give a lot of benefits in the service and short game department, but it did make the rubber slower than Tronix ZGR, and I could make the switch without much issue. The main similarity is the high hardness rating, and that coupled with the structure of the topsheet in the Tronix ZGR gave much of the same benefits that Golden Tango offered in good stability overall and strong support during high impact.

Reactions: Matt Hetherington
This user has no status.
I played 3 sheets of golden tango ps.
one from the old design era and two with the new design of the packaging. these two where barely tacky and I have been a bit disappointed.
Now I am trying the rhyzen zgx and despite the huge weight (62g on cybershape) I like it alot.
It grips the ball very good and gives me safety and confidence where I had some slipped balls with the golden tango ps while brushing.

so for me the new topsheet is way better but the weight is a minus for me...

Last edited:
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
That's strange because the formula of the rubbers didn't change, even the brandline print on the rubber itself wasn't altered. Literally the only thing altered was the packaging which is produced independently of the rubber. Very odd. Thanks for the feedback.

TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Played with Rhyzen 50 pro, Topsheet didn't grip at all. After 30H+ it finally played like a high quality rubber. This is unlike Rhyzer that has amazing grip and loses it over time.
Assuming you mean Rhyzer Pro 50 and comparing to Rhyzen ZGR?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 1 reviews
I used Golden Tango PS for quite a while, and it was certainly my favourite hybrid rubber of that generation and of the ones that came out shortly afterwards, ultimately I went back to non tacky rubbers.

I only tried Rhyzer Pro 50 on other people's set ups, but it seemed perfectly fine. I had a couple of sheets of Dynaryz ACC, which I thought paired well with slightly harder feeling blades and that the topsheet had really good grip, however despite using my usual meticulous gluing method, they shrank considerably, so I changed to something else.

One thing I would say, is that a lot of people just want to stick with the same rubber when they need to replace them, so it can be frustrating when something is discontinued after a relatively short length of time.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Used to play with Rhyzer 50 Pro both sides and the transition for Dynaryz AGR both sides was quite smoth..

Dynaryz is a little faster and overall quality is better, IMO.

Maybe you could fill the Tronix line with some kind of Rhyzer 50 toned down performance..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I used Golden Tango PS for quite a while, and it was certainly my favourite hybrid rubber of that generation and of the ones that came out shortly afterwards, ultimately I went back to non tacky rubbers.

I only tried Rhyzer Pro 50 on other peoples set ups, but it seemed perfectly fine. I had a couple of sheets of Dynaryz ACC, which I thought paired well with slightly harder feeling blades and that the topsheet had really good grip, however despite using my usual meticulous gluing method, they shrank considerably, so I changed to something else.

One thing I would say, is that a lot of people just want to stick with the same rubber when they need to replace them, so it can be frustrating when something is discontinued after a relatively short length of time.
That's one of the main reasons I don't even bother trying these less popular rubbers. I want something I can stick to for a long time, don't wanna deal with a new search for rubbers every couple of years. To that end, it's really just Butterfly if you want a big selection of long running rubbers. Mark V is still around decades later, and there's no doubt Tenergies and Dignics (at least the popular ones like T05/T64, D05/D09c) will be around for many more years as well. DHS keeps changing their rubber qualities, so that's a no go for me either. If they want to make the H3 less tacky, make a friggin new rubber, call it H5 or H13 or something and let people buy the old H3 if they want to.

This user has no status.
I played the GT PS and the normal one and both had a really bad arc. Used them on fh but non of them can compete with their rivals like H3 (even unboosted) Tibhar hybrid K2, xiom vega china... And so on. Spin levels were quite low too, and the feeling was kinda unresponsive. I had serious issues to break down how i made my mistakes.
Overall not a pleasent experience.

On a different note a friend of mine (pretty good player in my region) is a long time rhyzm user. Quite sad that there is not really a newer version that comes as close to it, especially Rhyzm p is way softer and feels too different. Or is there another model that gets closer?