How many layers of booster on Hurricane 3-38' Pro Orange Sponge Normal (not neo)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I am using the new Tune haifu oil (white oil, blue cap).
How many layers of booster should I put on Hurricane 3-38' Pro Orange Spone Normal Version (not Neo)
I use this rubber on my BH
Thanks !!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I know 2 layers will help the rubber faster and good feeling . how about control ?? . Will the sponge be too soft, I'm afraid I'll ruin it
You can do 1 and test it and add another layer later.

I don't think the sponge will be too soft. 38d is pretty hard for bh. The sponge becomes more firm after a few days.

Reactions: aveo1102
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I just put 3 layers on a H3 39 prob OS.
With the last layer it curled up like a tube… Wonder if it will flatten out… doubt it.

Cheers
L-zr
you use it on FH or BH ?? , Talk about your experience after you use it :D

Last edited:
you use it on FH or BH ?? , Talk about your experience after you use it :D
I use it on FH. The reason is to fix my FH which was screwed up from using to fast equipment. It’s almost fixed now so I am ready for something a little faster. I was thinking H3 Neo, but a friend suggested a hard boosted H3 instead and since I have a few sheets left why not.
I went from 1 layer to3 layers. I’m not expecting a huge difference but we’ll see…

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I am using the new Tune haifu oil (white oil, blue cap).
How many layers of booster should I put on Hurricane 3-38' Pro Orange Spone Normal Version (not Neo)
I use this rubber on my BH
Thanks !!
I'm not sure how many people have used the while oil
or aka, National White/National Blue oil

Have you boosted before?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Is there something wrong with it? Ineffective? Just asking because I have a bottle myself and I intend to boost a Vega China with it...and yes, I have boosted before, plenty of times.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I just want to make rubber faster :D , Without booster it's a bit slow
I boosted H3 H37 orange sponge and loved it on my bh. It was like a perfect rubber with speed, spin, control, tolerance. Looping, blocking, pushing, punching, everything was good.

I only wish I had a slightly harder sponge, so i think 38d is perfect.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Is there something wrong with it? Ineffective? Just asking because I have a bottle myself and I intend to boost a Vega China with it...and yes, I have boosted before, plenty of times.
oh, no, it is very effective. too effective.
I'm just sitting here wondering, how one can answer, 2 or 1 or 3, without knowing the full picture, including if the responders have experience using white and other haifu oils.

As I said before, there are lots of experts on TTD

have you use white before? what other oils did/do you use

This user has no status.
oh, no, it is very effective. too effective.
I'm just sitting here wondering, how one can answer, 2 or 1 or 3, without knowing the full picture, including if the responders have experience using white and other haifu oils.

Exactly. Especially because it depends on how much you are using with every brush. Some swipe the brush on the side of the bottle and therefore use very little booster.

Usually you need to check on the reaction and then work your way up cautiously because you dont want to ruin your rubber.

If it just goes up lightly you can easily put another layer on it.
If it curves into a U right away you shouldnt put down another layer.
On top every rubber reacts differently, sometime even different batches react different.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017

I wouldn't call myself an expert regarding boosters, but, as I said, I've done it before. although I haven't used the white one yet.
I've used the regular Haifu Seamoon as well as the National Black for Chinese rubbers like H3, Sanwei Target National etc. and Dymax Maximizer for ESN and Tenergy (whenever they need refreshing). I tried Haifu on them (ESN/Tenergy), too, but they got somewhat mushy, which is why I only use Haifu on chinese rubbers.
I did boost H3 and Target National without the addition of glue and they curled up pretty heavy after the second layer, so I would't know how to (and actually couldn't) properly apply a third layer "in time", considering it takes like 5-7 days for the rubber to flatten again.
So what I usually do is to apply a thin layer of booster first, let it dry for like 12 hours or so, then apply a thin layer of low viscosity glue (Revo No. 3) in order to avoid bubbles. (Yes, it all might be more effective without the glue, but, as a matter of fact, the topsheet of the Target National (the old one) got bubbles after the second layer...so I add in a layer of glue.)
Then, maybe 18 hours after the first layer of booster I apply a thicker layer of booster and let it dry for like 18-24 hours. Then it starts curling up, but usually it's still possible to apply a third layer, which I do most of the time (not always), but only a rather thin one, again as to avoid bubbles, but to also get the last bit of potential out of the rubbers.
That's my method (when I'm in the mood for chinese rubbers), and to this day the aforementioned Target National has been the only rubber where the topsheet bubbled.

With Maximizer I just put 1 layer on the sponge and distribute it carefully and then maybe after 18-24 hours the second one.
Boosting is quite a bit of a hassle (I did it more in the past), but also a lot of fun.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
I've found the white oil to be a little more potent than the yellow. Effect may not last quite as long but not a big difference.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020

Have you boosted before?
I have never used white oil before . Before, I used haifu seamon , and only use H3-41' Pro BS on FH .
i always use 2 Layers of Seamon Booster on 41' (that's perfect for me)
I use dig09C for BH . Now i want to try H3 on BH :D