World Cup 2024

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
These players need to be more professional. Any time there's a group stage there can be meaningless matches, but people still play them. It's kinda stupid that in this format that a meaningful match can turn meaningless in the middle of it, but the players should have the professionalism to play it to the end.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
These players need to be more professional. Any time there's a group stage there can be meaningless matches, but people still play them. It's kinda stupid that in this format that a meaningful match can turn meaningless in the middle of it, but the players should have the professionalism to play it to the end.
Simon showed that he is first and foremost a man who has a soul. Blame the terrible scoring system.

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Simon showed that he is first and foremost a man who has a soul. Blame the terrible scoring system.
Yeah it's hard to fault players for actually caring about getting knocked out that it becomes difficult to play.

I guess Moregard has always been a hothead so we can chalk it up to poor behavior. But even someone like Dang Qiu managed to bagel himself in the final meaningless game either on purpose or due to just not being able to focus anymore.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Amy takes Ito with her.

S. Sawettabut: I beat Ito on our first encounter!

• Wow
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
you mean the one where Granny Ni was forced to play a meaningless match, because she was unwell, so she threw points away, so she can go back to the hotel to rest?

Professional needs to be treated by professionals too, amateurs making rules, we can't blame professionals when they act like amateurs

Reactions: driversbeat
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
2023 mixed team world cup
ITTF: lets get the top pros in and turn them into guinea pigs and we can try out this new system. We will tell them just few weeks before the tournament, so no one can practice for it (because they need to play other important tournaments too)
JTTA: I'm not taking part
CTTA: #$%^#$Y^%W$^#$^%#$%$#%
JTTA: I'm sorry, we will go in full force
Players: why we stopping at 2-1?
Umpire: get off now, you guys have completed

2024 World Cup
ITTF: lets get the top pros in and turn them into guinea pigs and we can try out this new system. We will tell them just few weeks before the tournament, so no one can practice for it (because they need to play other important tournaments too)
Player A: I lost
ITTF: No, you won,
Player A: I lost?
ITTF: Yes, my bad, but sorry, you will be okay.

Player B and C: game over already, but we can't stop, so lets have some exhibition.
Me reading TTD and asking player question: what does it feel like when you continue to play, knowing its game over?
Players: it feels like we playing a best out of 7, and I lost 0-4 already, but we still must finish playing games 5, 6 and 7.
Me: but TTD fans are asking why don't you play full force?
Player B: I won, so why should I waste more energy?
Player C: I lost, so why should I waste more energy?

Ladies and Gentlemen
I present to you the prestige table tennis world cup, one of the "gram slams" events in the sport.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Anyone know the prize money breakdown? They used to make the Prospectus publicly available pre-WTT days so we would know things like entry deadlines, equipment used, and prize money.

Jan 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: pongfugrasshopper
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Just when I started watching Calderano play with Lind, I thought that Lind with his technique was very difficult to play with Donic’s equipment. Lind confirmed my thoughts. He constantly looks at the rubber and says something rude to it and even hit his racket with his fist.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I wonder how ITTF have even come up with these ugly win-loss ratios? It always used to be a difference. Now they have ratio of 4/4=1 and 8/0=1, total absurdity.