Your personal "hatelist" of players

says Master blocker
says Master blocker
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
I guess everybody has his own "hatelist" of players that he dislikes, for his own reasons.
My own hatelist is as follows:

1. Lebrun brothers (especially Felix)
2. Harimoto
3. Ovtcharov

Champions of my hatelist are the Lebrun brothers, due to their mannerisms and general behavior during matches.
To me, they project an arrogance that I find very annoying: With their constant "victory runs" when they gain a point, the "eh-oh" shouts to pump themselves, the high jumps just before the game beginnings, and especially the cries and behavior when they are lagging behind in score, makes them impossible for me to like them, despite the fact that are really good players and impose a threat to the Chinese team.

As far as Harimoto is concerned, I can't stand his screams during every single point

With regards to Ovtcharov, what I don't like about him is that he will do anything to win a match, even employ ethically questionable methods to do so.
For example, I've watched many games that he pretends injury, complains about the ball or any other reason, just to break the opponent's rhythm and gain the upper hand.

So, what is your hatelist of players?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
hating is nearly as bad as too much loving, it should be avoided.

There are sometimes things and habits that I dislike though and while we are already at-them, let's stay with france.
That lovely young lady should really stop blabering on ladiladi ladi alle alle laddda 😂

This user has no status.
Why would a grown man hate a table tennis player?
Yeah hate is a really strong and weird word here.
Maybe contempt would be a better stronger word for it.
I do see the reason why such a reaction to despise someone might come up.

But many of the reasons mentioned are explained often times by adam and others and that feeling got lost for me.
For example Harimotos shouts were explained from him personally and now i simply feel utmost respect for him.

Maybe you should even change the trajectory of the feeling more towards their behaviour and not judge the person himself right away.

I can also despise the behaviour of anders lind, even in his latest matches (one of it against hugo). But i still like him for his style, kindness and what he does for the sport.

Dont be so ignorant and narrow minded to hate a person in itself right away for a single part of their being.
Check out some interviews with Dima and lebrun and you maybe even learn something and start to like them to a certain extent.
Hate towards a person usually is a strong sign of your own lack of knowledge or other limitations.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
hating is nearly as bad as too much loving, it should be avoided.

There are sometimes things and habits that I dislike though and while we are already at-them, let's stay with france.
That lovely young lady should really stop blabering on ladiladi ladi alle alle laddda 😂
Lol yah Pavade has some serious Tourettes going on. But I generally am not too bothered by the anxious quirks of players whether it's Harimoto's screaming or Pavade's verbal tics.

Also I think the pattern goes: "A-yo....allez allez....yo..."

The thing that gets me to dislike a player is unfair play. If you're hiding your serves, I'm rooting against you. Players like Lind and Moregard that act like babies when they lose I can forgive because they're at least fun to watch.

says Master blocker
says Master blocker
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
Why would a grown man hate a table tennis player?
"Hatelist" is in quotes because it's just an expression. It's not hate of course, but rather dislike.

Other than that, what is your point? Don't you have people that you like and don't like? Do you get along with everybody?
Everybody is a different person and is only natural to have likes and dislikes.
Personally I like more the quiet, respectful personalities of players like Ma long, Lin Yu Ju and Timo Boll for example that come in complete contrast with the players I mentioned in my "dislike" list.

I guess everybody has his own "hatelist" of players that he dislikes, for his own reasons.
My own hatelist is as follows:

1. Lebrun brothers (especially Felix)
2. Harimoto
3. Ovtcharov

Champions of my hatelist are the Lebrun brothers, due to their mannerisms and general behavior during matches.
To me, they project an arrogance that I find very annoying: With their constant "victory runs" when they gain a point, the "eh-oh" shouts to pump themselves, the high jumps just before the game beginnings, and especially the cries and behavior when they are lagging behind in score, makes them impossible for me to like them, despite the fact that are really good players and impose a threat to the Chinese team.

As far as Harimoto is concerned, I can't stand his screams during every single point

With regards to Ovtcharov, what I don't like about him is that he will do anything to win a match, even employ ethically questionable methods to do so.
For example, I've watched many games that he pretends injury, complains about the ball or any other reason, just to break the opponent's rhythm and gain the upper hand.

So, what is your hatelist of players?
+1 on ScreamOMoto...

Cheers
L-zr

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
all pips players.
IMG_7101.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I dislike Anders Lind's and Alexis Lebrun's attitudes when they lose or something is not going their way. Both act out like 5 year olds. Lind's reaction to his 3-1 win in the group stage just recently is the perfect example. Won the match, he did well, and lost the fourth set when he was down 10-8 after a timeout of his. Throwing a tantrum and having a sour face....

I still enjoy watching them play though.