Hybrid suggestions for someone coming from H3

This user has no status.
I have similar Setup as you. I did try VIscaria (which is the same compo of FZD ALC), and it did not suit me. It is very different from HL5. I think you won't like it. If you change rubber, keep the blade, otherwise it will be too much change, and you won't know what the new rubber feels. You will lose tons of control too.
I did play H3 boosted on FH for 5+y. This year, I was tired of boosting. So I switched to Xiom Vega China VM. It is the closest to a Boosted H3. An Hybrid, with ESN sponge, but with a true tacky topsheet like H3. Lift the ball for months. It keeps the characteristic of H3, but with ease of use, and speed easier to access. Trust me, I am the one that create the biggest speed and spin in my club with my FH. I have HL5 golden, and it pairs well with the Vega China VM. I suggest you to go for that in the FH. Last long, tacky, power, very good replacement for H3 that last very long.

For the BH, I went from Rakza Z to Tenergy 19 to now H8-80. Rakza was too hard for my BH. T19 was easy to use, but sometimes too quick/dynamic, that leds to many unforced error. Additionnaly, I missed the tacky, so I went back to H8-80 I played 2y ago. My playstyle involve some tiny brush when late, and I need tack to do that. And I am very impressed. Plenty of speed, spinny, and I find the famous ball pop up after table rebound that surprise the opponent because of the amount of spin. Sure it would be less dynamic than proper ESN Hybrid. But, if you come from H3, H8-80 is a good transition. And no need to be boosted, last long and is cheap.

On Aliexpress, you can get the H8-80 for 25€ and Vega China for 40 to 45€ a sheet.

If you want a proper Hybrid, see the review of @victormanriquey on his website. Bluegrip S1 and Nuzn 48 could fit your BH.
bear in mind the new sheets of the Xiom Vega China VM might be different to what they used to be, I bought a sheet in July and I was very dissapointed that was nothing like a boosted H3 and more like the typical hard hybrid from ESN.

 
  • Like
Reactions: victormanriquey
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Active Member
Jan 2026
671
608
2,722
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Jun 2025
291
302
857
Read 1 reviews
Andro Chintac is closer to H3 than the new Xiom Vega China. Chintac 52.5 is slower (but faster than non boosted H3 BS), lighter, linear, spinier and with better control. Topsheet and sponge are fragile, so I don't expect a long useful life. I found it to be the best H3 replacement during the hot summer months.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Active Member
Jan 2026
671
608
2,722
Andro Chintac is closer to H3 than the new Xiom Vega China. Chintac 52.5 is slower (but faster than non boosted H3 BS), lighter, linear, spinier and with better control. Topsheet and sponge are fragile, so I don't expect a long useful life. I found it to be the best H3 replacement during the hot summer months.
Ah thats nice to hear, contradictory reviews so far, some people like it some dont at all, i guess thats life haha durability may not be longer than 3-4 months @belllfador ? so like half a nuzn or so?
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Jun 2025
291
302
857
Read 1 reviews
Ah thats nice to hear, contradictory reviews so far, some people like it some dont at all, i guess thats life haha durability may not be longer than 3-4 months @belllfador ? so like half a nuzn or so?
I like linear rubbers that can chop, so it is normal to have different impressions from most. Never played with NUZN, but Vega China is looking better than Chintac after less play time with Chintac. My rough estimation will be half life of XVC, quater of provincial H3 / TG3 BS, or 50 hours in the best case.
 
  • Like
Reactions: victormanriquey
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Active Member
Jan 2026
671
608
2,722
I like linear rubbers that can chop, so it is normal to have different impressions from most. Never played with NUZN, but Vega China is looking better than Chintac after less play time with Chintac. My rough estimation will be half life of XVC, quater of provincial H3 / TG3 BS, or 50 hours in the best case.
Okay cool clear, let's keep each other posted on that, 50h is really not that much, 1.5 months for me on full usage, so that would be just a bit better than the Iconixx I just tested, then I would not see it as interesting for myself, but I can handle 3-4 months, if it lasts one season it's acceptable for top hybrid performance :)

Of course 4-6 months would be better but truth is, H3N boosted only also lasts so much after boosting :D
 
Top