Search results

  1. How many complete racket setups do you own?

    I might go back and add a couple of edits to that answer to clarify.... It does sound a little bit obsessive 🤣🤣🤣
  2. DIY rubber

    Back when I was considering it, I made an approach to one of the Chinese-based rubber manufacturers (though equally I suppose I could also have approached ESN... I just assumed Chinese manufacturers would be cheaper in the kind of volumes I was initially considering.) For commercial reasons, I...
  3. DIY rubber

    @haggisv of OOAK fame wrote an article on this subject quite a while ago-- link is below: https://oneofakindtrading.com.au/gluing_topsheet_to_sponge.htm It's an older article so I honestly don't know if things have changed with newer rubbers, but Haggis would be the person to ask as the man...
  4. Xiom Sigma III, IV and V rubbers

    Bump. Anybody know where I can buy a Sigma V online? None of the local Xiom stockists are getting it in and Table Tennis 11 doesn't stock it.
  5. Reviewing big batch of rubbers

    Very underrated rubber the Kirin one. Very good control and a surprising amount of spin if you team it with a blade with a slightly stiffer / harder outer layer, then close the playing angle and brush a lot with your stroke. It plays a bit like a poor-man's Rakza 7 to my mind, which is meant...
  6. Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

    Quick PSA: Had a quick play test last night with a T100 red on the BH on a new model blade line I'm developing up, and it went really well. The blade in question had Red Gum outers and is a bit like an Australian hardwood version of a Stiga Ebenholtz or Rosewood 5, but with a bit more flex)...
  7. Rumour new Butterfly flagship rubber

    Oh that brings back memories... Ads were so much better in the 90's :ROFLMAO:
  8. Rumour new Butterfly flagship rubber

    Oh I've done that on occasion too :):) For ages, I considered using names like The Gornwâkkit, or The Dunmèsset for my blades but so far I've chickened out (NB: To get the joke, you need to say these names with a thick rural Australian accent, while stressing the hard 'a', or soft 'e'...
  9. Rumour new Butterfly flagship rubber

    Most TT marketing is absolutely bloody God-awful frankly... It's a worldwide problem in our sport IMO .. It's just all so bloody dull!! 🙄🙄 Seriously.... Why don't the larger manufacturers have some fun with it?? True story: I'm currently working on developing up a blade that uses woven hemp...
  10. Happy New Year TTD!

    Happy New Year to you too! 🙂 May the upcoming year lift your pong to even greater heights... ...ummmm... 🤔 ...no, on second thoughts I *did* mean it that way 😂 You know what I mean. 🤣🤣
  11. Fan zhendong, Ma Long and Cheng Meng announces Retirement from WTT/ITTF

    Can't help but wonder what this all may mean for the WTT if any other big names also start to speak up about ZPP / scheduling issues. (Not that I think this is likely mind you -- I just find myself curious about possible follow-on effects if the matter doesn't go away in a hurry). Oceania/...
  12. Does anyone know these rubbers? Arbalest A901 or Z601

    Sorry -- genuinely have never heard anything about them. Are they on the current ITTF LARC list?
  13. Cheers from Italy!

    Welcome Barbara 🙂 Always good to have new members 'round here, hope you get a lot of joy out of perusing the boards. Cheers, Shannon.
  14. Darker Hinoki or Kiri 1 ply

    Ummm.. yeah... Please define what you mean by "good" :rolleyes: (... just kidding! :ROFLMAO:) To answer your question, yes there are some kiri one-ply blades out there apparently (or so I'm told 🤷‍♂️). Same goes for Ayous-only one plys. They wouldn't behave very much like a hinoki / cypress...
  15. Darker Hinoki or Kiri 1 ply

    To conclusively tell if a one-ply blade is Hinoki or not, look closely at the end grain of your blade and see if you can spot any vessels. Vessels are very small, all-natural hollow tubes through the wood. They are there to help spread nutrients and moisture through the tree. If you see any...
  16. Small wings

    Just on the subject of sanding the wings yourself you can usually safely sand the wings yourself without damaging or changing the blade too much, so long as you don't take off huge amounts, or sand them hugely asymmetrically. Small changes in wing shape won't affect the blade too much at all...
  17. Why do you play Table Tennis?

    Because I have far too much money and peace of mind, and too few things to obsess over. ...😜
  18. Blade defect after sealing?

    You raised a interesting point Sergio re: clamping at room temp -- it made me think Xiom might conceivably be using a contact cement of some sort rather then a traditional wet layup, as that way they're not reliant on heat to get a decent cure time. I've never actually experimented much with...
  19. Blade defect after sealing?

    Thanks very much for that 🙂🙂 -- I honestly was not aware Xiom released that info as part of their marketing. That is the first time I've personally heard of one of the majors releasing that sort of info about a production process (the press settings for a blade - just like the glues they use...
  20. Blade defect after sealing?

    Well...I really hate to say it, but there *is* a problem really.... Quite possibly several problems actually. The problem is that blade (most probably) has patches of either missing glue (or else sub-standard adhesion at best) directly underneath the outer layer. That really isn't going to give...
Top