Search results

  1. best tt shoe?

    Yeah, this happened to me with some cross trainers I bought. Compressive forces on your toe joints can be really nasty. I put the shoes in the post earlier today. Sanwei after-sales service has been surprisingly (and pleasingly) on the ball with my issue thus far. I've managed to speak with...
  2. best tt shoe?

    See my FireFlash post above. Haven't had a chance to try the shoes yet, but they do appear pretty well padded, and I can confirm they are a nice weight and fit. It's only that extra padding at the back of the shoe that's making life difficult for me... it really does slide my food forward...
  3. best tt shoe?

    I ordered a pair of FireFlash / Speed Art TT shoes direct from Sanwei back in late Jan, and they only just arrived today. My usual size is 44 / 10, but these things seemed MUCH smaller than that length wise, which greatly confused me. Turns out there's a LOT of extra internal padding at the...
  4. ITTF Racquet Control Changes for 2025 (...don't shoot the messenger!)

    On thinking on this whole matter further, it strikes me I might be mistaken in one of my earlier comments. This change *might* be coming from the FIT as well as the ITTF. I note most manufacturers don't seal their blades at the factory. Of those that do, they typically only seal the playing...
  5. ITTF Racquet Control Changes for 2025 (...don't shoot the messenger!)

    According to this Racquet control guidance document, the reason to remove the lacquer is some people who illegally boost, apparently also add extra layers of wood sealant to the playing surface, *but only at the base of the rubber*. Essentially, it makes the surface of the blade lightly raised...
  6. ITTF Racquet Control Changes for 2025 (...don't shoot the messenger!)

    Entirely possible. Really hope you're right.👍
  7. ITTF Racquet Control Changes for 2025 (...don't shoot the messenger!)

    I don't think it's the FIT driving this.... (But then again who knows?) The only possible reason I can see, for creating a rule interpretation that is potentially guaranteed to disqualify almost everyone and anyone that is ever subjected to it,... ...is so organisers have a tool for hobbling...
  8. ITTF Racquet Control Changes for 2025 (...don't shoot the messenger!)

    You wanna know what really shits me about this Tony? It proves categorically (in case anyone doubted it) that the ITTF are full of shit, and this latest interpretive rule change has nothing to do with fairness, or consultation with stakeholders. According to the ITTF's own press releases, it's...
  9. ITTF Racquet Control Changes for 2025 (...don't shoot the messenger!)

    Brilliant idea. I hereby challenge the entire ITTF racquet control committee to a friendly game under this new rule. For the first match, I choose a baseball bat as my weapon of choice.
  10. ITTF Racquet Control Changes for 2025 (...don't shoot the messenger!)

    Yeah I agree. One of the many things that made me laugh (then epically facepalm) about this, is the ITTF will only reimburse you for any damage done to the rubbers. IE: if they lift fibers from the outers in the process, then you're basically shit out of luck. What's more, that blade is...
  11. ITTF Racquet Control Changes for 2025 (...don't shoot the messenger!)

    For those who don't know (but might potentially care), the ITTF have changed their racquet control procedures going forward. I just read through the changes... ..... and now my brain hurts -- a lot!🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦 I mean the guidelines were pretty bloody extreme before, but now they're BEYOND loony...
  12. What's the weight of your setup and what's the ideal weight of your setup?

    Oohh that is pretty! Cork handle & walnut outers -- really nice combination visually Matching a Loki R3P with walnut outers was a good call too... Pretty decent power to weight ratio happening there.
  13. What's the weight of your setup and what's the ideal weight of your setup?

    What Lazer said!!!😎😎 One of my (current 😂) favourite set-ups is 2 x Loki Telson 100 on a flared Mulga Dragon (basically an aussie-outer version of a Stiga Rosewood V). It weighs 200g on the button, but as its well balanced the weight isn't a hassle. It chiquitas just fine, plus the extra weight...
  14. Rosewood top ply

    This description of the playing feel is spot on. In my experience rosewood is a hugely fast, non-linear, two-to-three-speed wood. It's probably more correct of me to say rosewood (and other woods like it) react a lot to impact forces, because it's both very hard AND very stiff compared to...
  15. How much do ping pong coaches charge per hour, where you live?

    Depends on the coach really. I pay my coach $40 Australian per hour here in Perth. That includes table hire, which is a bargain frankly, as he's really good. Other more prominent coaches who have been around a while and coached at state or national level charge $80-$100 per hr.
  16. ❓What Is Your Setup, and WHY?

    Re: the OP -- Brilliant question! Thanks heaps for asking it. 😎😎😎😎 Huge thanks too to everyone who's posted both their set-ups and the rationale behind their choices thus far. This kind of content is really up my alley. I'll post my own personal set-ups (and the rationale behind them) separate...
  17. Why anti-glanti materials need a friction limitation.

    Eh... Aussie rules football makes both soccer and gridiron look like tiddlywinks. If the game isn't the modern equivalent of a full-contact marathon then It's not a real spectator sport. (...I say, this whole being a troll thing is a bit of a lark isn't it 😁😁😁 😜😜😜 I can see the appeal🤣🤣)
  18. Is spin a bigger factor in table tennis compared to tennis? Its been posted on line that rafa nadal has achieved 3200 rpm in his topspin shots...

    All the above is spot on, but I'd also point out the difference the mass of the ball makes. From memory, TT balls weigh around 2.5 grams, while tennis balls (I imagine) would weigh more than 50 grams -- or about twenty times more than a TT ball. My high school Newtonian physics is pretty...
  19. What is the ranking/positioning or Loki Table Tennis Brands (rubber and blades)?

    With Loki's non tacky inverted rubbers, Kirin 1 is their entry level product. Then comes Kirin 3 and 5, but personally I prefer Kirin 1 to Kirin 3. Above that are their old T3 (now discontinued I believe), The Telson 100 rubber, the Arthur Europe, and the Arthur Europe Diamond (I think both AE...
  20. best tt shoe?

    Thanks for the tip! Bought myself a pair from Sanwei's web site, should be arriving sometime mid-feb. Looking forward to trying them out.
Top