Search results

  1. Wang Chuqin loses to 14 year old!

    ...come again? ....How many ????? 🤯🤯
  2. Rubber alternative for FH & BH, cheaper

    Both Rxton 3 pink and blue are cheaper than H3 neo. Both tacky, both springy & both are fast enough for BH, with blue being faster than pink.
  3. Need advice on playing distance from table

    The video link below is a reasonable primer on this subject. It lists the various zones from the table, and the kind of shots you commonly see executed in each area. It also touches on some of the tactical choices and responses open to you in each zone. Breaking down distance into zones is...
  4. Why is Ma Long so good?

    His movement & positioning is flawless. The guy moves like a cat. But he also has the anticipation and game sense to both enable and leverage it. As a comparison, FZD moves well but he isn't quite as lithe, as efficient, or as early with it. The better & earlier you move in this game, the more...
  5. Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

    The variation you see in the reported speed of the T100 is possibly due to bad or inconsistent mounting and/or stretching the rubber while mounting it. No way known a T100 is slower than a Moon12. ...unless somebody out there is manufacturing cheap knock-offs of it. Given the way the T100 is...
  6. Went back to slower blade, now totally confused

    Can't add much more to the conversation than what has already been said -- the previous posters have pretty much hit the nail on the head. Only thing I can really add is the value of variation with your touch. You chose two pretty similar blades with only minor differences between them, and...
  7. Slow blade with fast rubbers vs. Fast blade with slow rubbers

    I think the propensity of higher-ranked players to use composite blades is largely about playing feel. I am a huge fan of All-wood blades myself, as I far prefer the feel of all-wood, and for the most part, their performance is directly comparable to composite blades (mind you, I also use...
  8. How many complete racket setups do you own?

    Yeah... I am at that. Good thing it's enormous fun as well 🤣🤣😁🤣😁
  9. How many complete racket setups do you own?

    How many set ups do I own in total? Don't ask. How many set ups do I regularly play with? Ummm...about ten... How many do I *seriously* play comp with? Two. How many incomplete set ups do I have? Christ I hate to think... PS: I don't care what anyone else says. If you haven't bought...
  10. Weird pattern on hinoki surface of Nittaku Septear... also black lens tag?...

    Medullary rays transport nutrients around a tree from the core to the outer layers. They radiate out from the trees core like the spokes of a wagon wheel, so yes -- theta re perpendicular to the growth rings. They are usually created from parenchymal cells, so while the surrounding heartwood...
  11. Discussing blade composition ideas

    Yeah that's right -- apparently because of its naturally high oil content, you can bury the stuff in a swamp for 1,000 years and it's still useable. The stuff doesn't rot, as water can't penetrate into the wood. Huon Pine from Australia is exactly the same 🙂
  12. Discussing blade composition ideas

    Honestly never researched swamp kauri much... How does it compare mechanically to regular kauri? (apart from being prone to splitting that is?) ... Really nice sheen on it by the way 🙂🙂 Nice job.
  13. Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

    I'm using one of my own blades -- The Wakkibat Bryo ST -- a really lovely blade, one of my personal favorites , despite the fact I don't use it often. Details of the blade are listed below for your benefit (This is not a sales pitch btw. The Bryo is lovely but it's also far from unique.Any...
  14. Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

    Finally had a chance to have another brief hit with Loki's new Kirin 1 rubber, and the marginally faster version (just!) in the Kirin 3.... ...and I gotta say, they're really not too bad at all for the money. That goes for both the Kirin 1 and 3. They're both weird to use... But they're not...
  15. Please help me choose non-chinese rubber for beginners!

    Thanks for that Gozo, and yeah -- you're exactly right. Gozo's comments illustrate the underlying principle here very well -- tensor sponge is meant to augment your technique, not enable it. While everybody is different, in my experience at least, most beginners who pick up fast tensor rubbers...
  16. Please help me choose non-chinese rubber for beginners!

    When you are learning, you need equipment that will accommodate a large margin of error. Beginners have bad control, because they have bad technique. They don't know how to swing properly, or how hard to swing. To accommodate these factors, and learn how to feel the stroke, and how to create...
  17. Serial Numbers On Blades: Yes or No?

    Something about this idea really appeals to me as well... Great feedback everyone, thanks so much -- I really gotta think about this some more though 🤔🤔 great arguments on both sides. This far it seems like it's the information about the blade and when it was made that matters, more than the...
  18. Serial Numbers On Blades: Yes or No?

    Thanks for the feedback Lodro. What about things like certificates of authenticity? It's not the same as a serial number but it does perform the same function - i.e.: confirming a blade's origin in an environment when passing off or out-and-out fraud is rife everywhere, including with TT...
  19. Serial Numbers On Blades: Yes or No?

    Thanks for that Lazer. I do have the option to stamp them on by hand as well now you mention it (just need some stamps with smaller numbers 😂😂). With a date, would you also want the full date in there? Or would just the month and year do? (I suppose I could restart the numbering on Jan 1st each...
Top