Search results

  1. Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

    Oh for Christ's sake ... 🤦🤦 Y'know ...table tennis is a really bloody confounding sport sometimes. At the risk of sounding like a complete bell-end, It seems I may have potentially spoken too soon, about speaking too soon, about the Kirin 3. It might not be quite as crap as my first initial...
  2. Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

    I spoke too soon on the Kirin 3. 😒 Yes it's fast...in a way. And yes it can spin a bit, but it's downright weird and annoying to use. (Imagine a non-boosted standard H3, but grippy... Or else a very thick and tough, marginally bouncy 729 cross That's a bit what it's like. No catapult effect to...
  3. Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

    Yeah it is a beast! I had a second hit with my T100 this evening strapped to an OFF - all wood five ply blade made with heavy veneers, and my earlier suspicion was right -- it just loved it. Prior to that though I tried it on an experimental blade of mine (4mm balsa core / inner soft carbon...
  4. Upgrading beginner setup advice

    You've been given some great advice here, and frankly I can't add all that much to it. Rakza 7s are a very solid starting point as far as rubbers go (if a little heavy) and an all-wood blade (be it from nittaku or anybody else) is also an excellent starting point. Two things I would add though...
  5. Spinny rubber with low-throw angle on FH

    Loki Rxton 3 Blue -- on FH its a bloody cracker! Low throw, fast, lots of spin. A hard playing tacky/hybrid with tensor sponge. Very good quality rubber at a surprisingly low price. Highly recommended.
  6. Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

    It's definitely grippy, but not hugely so. The spin you get from it is quite adequate, but doesn't blow you away. Rakza 7 or R7soft spins more, as wouldost ESN rubbers. It really is surprisingly firm out of the box. The sponge isn't as hard as the T100 but it feels harder to play with, as the...
  7. Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

    Had a quick hallway hit this evening with the Kirin 3 (Black top-sheet) Initial impression: I like it! It's no world-beater, and (unlike the T100) it's not remotely a threat to the T05 or T64, but it's still not a bad rubber, and at its price point I can see a lot of intermediate players (1-3...
  8. Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

    The Rxton 1 Special is a standard R1 top-sheet with carbon sponge instead of the usual flaky-cakey stuff it normally boasts. Speed & spin are both pretty solid, without being spectacular. Control is very good to excellent. To me at least it reminds me a bit of a less-springy version of the...
  9. Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

    My Kirin 1 and Kirin 3 test rubbers arrived today. On opening the Kirin 3, my heart sank at first, as with its matt, opaque top sheet and carbon sponge it looked nigh-identical to the original T3. My very first impression was therefore "it's just a rebrand job" Closer inspection demonstrated I...
  10. Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

    Purely out of curiosity, what was the blade you tried the T100 on, and what was its composition?
  11. Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

    It's reasonably T64-like -- haven't used a T64 very much, or for a very long time, but I do remember it being very fast and punchy, and a great BH rubber. The T100 is certainly fast and punchy -- it's that dead flat throw angle that frustrated me though when I used it on my BH. It really is a...
  12. Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

    I'm starting to think this rubber was developed for big looping rallies away from the table. It behaves a bit like a R3 Pink and blue on steroids in a way. When you really start looping & hitting hard with the R3 Blue and pink, you get a flat straight trajectory with lots of spin, and the ball...
  13. What happened to Darker?

    Just sent you a PM 🙂🙂
  14. Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

    The vibe I get from Loki over the R3 blue and pink is they're not certain if they will continue with them or not. The blue seems more solid in their thinking but I think they're torn over the pink. This is probably due to early production problems (separation) The latest batch of pinks I bought...
  15. Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

    Yeah no worries 🙂🙂 Please see below. I ordered a sample set of Kirin 1 and Kirin 3 rubbers yesterday for product testing purposes, largely out of curiosity. I'll upload some of my thoughts on them both once I've had a chance to try them out on a few different blade types.
  16. What happened to Darker?

    If there's anyone out there in Europe, who's seriously currently looking for a replacement for their Shakehand Hinoki one ply blade, then send me a PM, as I may be able to help. Just last week I send a shipment of Sköllas (a Shakehand one-ply blade of my own design and development) off to my...
  17. Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

    You're correct re: the quality of rubbers on their pre-made blades. They're only really for casual ping-pong players only (not competition use) are aimed largely at their domestic market. Re: Kirin pips-out rubbers -- that info came from the latest sales brochure Loki sent me about a month...
  18. Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

    Loki are also going to release (or have released) Kirin range pips out rubbers: short, medium & long.
  19. Need cheap replacement rubber asap

    If you mean 729 Super FX then it's a tacky and dead traditional Chinese rubber when unboosted. I used it for a while a long time ago -- It's actually not a bad rubber for learning on, and can still create good spin, but the sponge is just massively dead out of the packet. A great learning...
Top