Search results

  1. Carbon/Composite Blade with an All Wood Feel

    As an alternative to all the above, perhaps consider a blade made with natural composite fibers. They are hard to find commercially, but they do deliver the playing feel you are looking for. They have slightly greater lateral / torsional stiffness than a typical 5-ply to 7-ply all-wood blade...
  2. Common Sense Rubbers

    Well I have the succulent young lady all sorted ...it's the money that's the issue though. 😂😂
  3. Loki Rubbers

    Smoking dried camel snot?? Really??? Hmmm... 🤔🤔 "Hey Mr Tambourine man, blow your nose for me..." ...yeah - doesn't have quite the same ring to it does it? 😂😂 I suppose if the camel had a coke habit it might be worth trying.
  4. Loki Rubbers

    It may well be rubbish I'm sorry to say. Basically with Loki rubbers, in my experience the only ones worth buying are those that are sold as a rubber sheet only ie: WITHOUT a blade attached. These are their proper competition rubbers, made with premium materials, and are usually an excellent...
  5. Loki Rubbers

    Yes I agree - Loki rubbers can be very confusing 😂 ... especially all the Rxton 3 variants, as they all have similar names, but there's huge variation between the individual rubbers. There are actually four (4) different Rxton 3 variants that I personally know of (there maybe several others...
  6. Loki Rubbers

    The R3Blue is right on the border with FH vs BH. If you hit your BH shots/drives/loops pretty hard, it's just springy enough to act as a BH rubber, even when new (it's more BH friendly once it's played in). If however you lack a bit of power on your BH, then you'd probably prefer it on FH, as to...
  7. Common Sense Rubbers

    729 Focus 3 Snipe (now just called the Focus 3) fits that bill. It's a high quality, euro-style, non tacky rubber with linear bounce, and is the closest thing to a regular Mark V I've found anywhere, ...with the possible exception of a Joola Energy Xtra (Green Power) with 2.0mm sponge. The...
  8. Loki Rubbers

    Are you sure you're not thinking of the Rxton 3 TOP (which has darkish blue sponge), as opposed to the Rxton 3 BLUE (which has an electric blue topsheet)? I ask because the Rxton 3 BLUE is definitely very tacky, and I currently have it fitted to one of my spare blades. I also have a brand...
  9. Loki Rubbers

    Nope... or not as far as the R3 Blue and pink versions are concerned -- they're just great rubbers IMO. Been using the Rxton 3 Blue quite a bit and I really like it. After about 50 hours playing time, all the playing characteristics I reported have stood up over time pretty well... Still fast...
  10. Tacky rubbers recommendations

    Loki Rxton 3 with either blue or pink topsheet will also do the job... Extremely tacky, quite bouncy, and very fast (they have a different topsheet material compared to the black and red versions). Only place they may fall down is throw angle - you want a medium high throw, whereas these two...
  11. I lost my spark for playing TT

    Try a really good one ply. Never fails to get me motivated. (Full Disclosure: In my case, that involves making a new one ply -- which also helps enormously -- but can also lead to other problems of it's own... like for example, asking yourself "gee, I wonder what rubber will go best with...
  12. Tibhar MX-P alternative.

    While it's slower and softer than either the T05 or MX-P, a mate of mine introduced me recently to the Joola Energy X-tra, which to my mind at least feels similar to an MX-P (Full Disclosure: I loved the MX- P the last time I tried it, but that was also a while ago, so my mind may be playing...
  13. Alternative to Hurricane 3 Neo

    Right now it's a Rxton 3 red / black in Max on one blade, a R3 black / blue combo on another, and the T3 black & red on a third. Want to try the Arthur series next, see how we go. So far I'm a fan of the regular R3 rubbers (black & red), a HUGE fan of the R3Blue& pink (really they are whole...
  14. Alternative to Hurricane 3 Neo

    Getting back to the OP, I'm hearing good things about the 729 Dragon (not getting back into the whole 729 thing again I promise) It's got a tacky Chinese topsheet with lively sponge. Yet ANOTHER rubber I'd like to try... And probably will do one of these days, once I've worked my way through...
  15. Alternative to Hurricane 3 Neo

    Sadly no... and trust me, I've looked. Apparently my friends are now laying bets on exactly what type of blade will be torn from my cold dead fingers after I'm dead. I'm told the short odds favorite is a Wakkibat one-ply boasting MX-Ps front and back Those idiots!! Clearly they haven't seen...
  16. Alternative to Hurricane 3 Neo

    Gotchya. :) So WHY don't I bring some in? Well it's the classic conundrum of ALL equipment junkies really - "Which of the several dozen rubbers I am currently curious about THIS week , do I buy and try-out first?" :ROFLMAO: Anybody who wishes to lament about the perils of being a TT equipment...
  17. Alternative to Hurricane 3 Neo

    Do you mean personally or in my business?
  18. New Loki Blue, Pink rubbers

    I did a review of the Rxton 3 Blue late last year on in the Loki Rubbers thread - see link below: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/loki-rubbers.22886/page-6 To answer the OP's question, the R3 blue is a totally different rubber to the black or red (didn't try the pink) - really it...
  19. Alternative to Hurricane 3 Neo

    I don't doubt it 🙂🙂 and frankly I'd love to try both of them. But I cannot buy either of those rubbers in this country (one of them is seemingly being withheld from the aussie market deliberately), nobody has any I can try before buying (so I know I'm not wasting my money), none of the clubs...
  20. Alternative to Hurricane 3 Neo

    Here are my 729 rep's exact words on it: "We have some Presto spin, presto speed and presto max speed in our sample room. But our technical engineer said that this series needs to be upgraded, so we do not recommend ordering this product now. And about Aurora max, we do not produce this model...
Top