Search results

  1. Wood grain orientation impacts on play?

    It can happen. How much of it do you want? 😅
  2. Wood grain orientation impacts on play?

    It will not impact play, but it shows poor quality control on Stiga's part and it's a shame it has happened on such an expensive blade.
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    Even within that niche, the answer is based on personal style. However, most blades I've been building for that style, have an asymmetric structure Outer/Inner or even Inner/Inner, with a faster Fh side.
  4. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

    True 😅, but my intention was to show a topic about the subject, as not to derail this one even further. He can answer there if he wants.
  5. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

    Speaking of a separate topic, I already had this discussion years ago (did you even build blades back then?), and made a very clear post about it: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/butterfly-blades-the-whole-truth.26547/ Do I have a categorical judgment? Of course I do, it's called...
  6. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

    Oh, and I didn't pay attention until now, but judging by the unclear sideways picture of the handle, I'm willing to bet the medial on the SP is also Ayous, which would make it exactly the same as the TB ALC and Vis in terms of structure 🤣. I know the text says limba, but I don't trust it given...
  7. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

    See?! I also make mistakes! Thanks for pointing that out 😉
  8. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

    Your opinion means very little to me, now even less. I wish I had those photos, but do you know why I don't? Because I rarely do repair work, I just don't have the time, I'm too busy actually building blades. Normally I refuse repairs, when I do them it's either for a friend or a loyal customer...
  9. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

    At this point, I think your are just trolling me or provoke me into saying something I shouldn't, any minimally intelligent person would be able to realize it's not an opinion, it is a fact. Since you like to get your information online, here's some for you: - What are medullary rays?"...
  10. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

    For something like Kiso Hinoki? Totally, and it does happen. Blades that were built using Kiso Hinoki, now use Hinoki sourced elsewhere, or sometimes even just Cypress, and manufactures don't change the label. For Ayous? No, there's no shortage of Ayous.
  11. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

    Now that you are out of arguments you resort to petiness. Typical... The truth is that all the evidence in the world wouldn't change your mind, you dint care about the truth, you cared about being right. You wanted to put your big boy pants and showcase some knowledge, but instead you just shot...
  12. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

    Yeah, but you did claim it... and when confronted with evidence you still doubting it. And yes, this is evidence, let me also reiterate that any decent woodworker would be able to tell the difference from Ayous and Limba by the endgrain. Ayous has medullary rays, Limba doesn't. The medial layer...
  13. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

    It has to do with the fact that there isn't a single ALC blade with a Limba medial layer (not that I can't recall, correct me if I wrong), so why would the TB ALC be any different? Is this proof? No, but it's an indicator. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck... Anyway I wouldn't...
  14. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

    This is the closest thing you will get from an official information, as this picture came from Butterfly. If you cannot tell it is Ayous by that picture, I don't know what more to do for you. Like I said, I did disassemble a couple, but you don't even need to do so if you know what to look for...
  15. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

    I make plenty of mistakes, but that's not one of them 😉. I know it's me against the world on this, because the fallacy has been perpetuated endlessly by those who know nothing about the subject. I've seen dozens of them with my own eyes, and I have disassembled a couple. It's Ayous.
  16. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

    I didn't offend you directly, I just pointed your mistake. The only reason I did, is because then I will have countless people saying: "oh, but that guy online said it was Limba." And then I will have to explain to all of them individually that it isn't.
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    Wenge
  18. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1451 - Outer B-S - OFF-/OFF Black tag Vis feels different than newer models because of two things: firstly, I'm pretty sure that the big B did things a bit differently back then, it's purely conjecture but there is a significant visual difference to how the composite sits between the wooden...
  19. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

    I will sound very arrogant here, but I honestly can't think of another way of saying it, but I mean no offense. It's difficult for you, for me it isn't. It's unequivocally Ayous, in both cases. The opposite is also true, Ayous also varies a lot in color and density, and in some cases it can...
  20. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

    Clearly Ayous, not Limba.
Top