Search results

  1. SP Carbon (Seth Pech Carbon)

  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1464 - Inner G-F - OFF-/OFF This one is based on the SK Hybrid AC but with a a few twists, the most notable one being the very big handle. It's not a blade I can make often, a Limba/Limba inner fiber blade with a Ayous core, larger head size and a big handle, with "just" 92g and a low balance...
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1454 - 7 Wood - OFF A 7 ply that follows the same principle as #1432 which I posted a few days ago, but thicker and faster. This time I've replaced the "heavy" Ayous core for a much lighter Balsa layer, and used very dense thermo treated Ayous on layers 3 and 5, but other than that, it's a...
  4. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1443 - Inner 5+2 - ALL+/OFF- Thin looping blade, like the reinforced version of #1441, if that one is similar to the Violin, this would be similar to the Violin carbon inner. Available FS. - Koto / Ayous / Vectran-Carbon / Kiri core - 87.6g - 5.5mm - 149x156mm - ST (22.7x28.9x100mm) -...
  5. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1442 - 5+2 Inner - OFF This is a blade that suffers from personally problems. It behaves like a inner 5+2, but it feels and sounds like a 3+2. The structure in this blade is a bit different than usual, the second layer (medial) has the grain oriented vertically, not horizontally like we...
  6. tt gear lab site

    He measures the vibrations modes of the blade, namely the first (natural bending) and 6th (membrane, or out-of-plane deformation), then compares these values to a reference blade (all around classic). The two other values are a relation between these two modes themselves. The method has some...
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1441 -5 wood - ALL Same structure as a Violin, but with dense Koto layers instead of Ash. Even at a higher density, this Koto is still not as dense as an average Ash, so the blade is a bit slower as well. Same general feel, but a bit slower, like a downsized version. However, this lower...
  8. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1436 - Inner Ax-C - OFF This a composition that I made in my early days, and some very good players are still using, the only difference being that, back then, I used either AC-I or AC, and here I'm using Ax-C. This is a inner fiber blade that behaves almost like an outer fiber. It's fast, it...
  9. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1435 - Asymmetric Outer 5+2 - OFF Another asymmetric outer blade, but this time we have enough difference between sides to cause a difference in performance and feel (but still not that big!). I actually don't think there's a difference in terms on speed, the Limba / I-C side is softer, and...
  10. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1434 - Asymmetric Outer 5+2 - OFF Asymmetric, but barely, the only difference between sides is the top layer. As I say many many times, this is not enough to cause a perceptible difference in performance. The Limba side feels maybe a hair softer, but I think most people won't even notice this...
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1433 - Inner B-S - ALL+/OFF- Nothing too out of the ordinary here, it's basically an inner Vis with a longer head size. Not a very fast blade, but it feels soft, with a tremendous holding sensation. Available FS. - Koto / Ayous / Blue-Stuff / Kiri core - 85.5g - 5.9mm - 160x150mm - Cpen...
  12. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1432 - 7 Wood - OFF-/OFF The middle layer on typical 7 ply all wood structures blades it's the least important one. It barely impacts the speed of the blade because it's not that thick (comparatively to the core on a 5 ply), although it still influences the feel a bit. However, this layer...
  13. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1431 - Outer 5+2 1k Ax-C - OFF-/OFF My new favorite fiber, this thing is so light that I can get away with almost everything 😂. All joking aside, it has really nice properties which paired with the low weight ,make for a really well rounded outer blade in this case. It's not the fastest, but...
  14. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1428 - Outer Kev - OFF- This is a composition I made a few times now, it's based on the SAL (the one with Ayous core), but I changed things up a bit. Normally we would use a denser Koto outer layer, and a lighter core, but in this case I used a light Koto outer and a denser core. This lowers...
  15. SDC Handmade Blades

    Yes, there are several blades on the market made with thermo treated wood, but they go way beyond this, to the point where there is a change in the cellular structure of the wood. The wood is essentially burned to the point where it loses pretty much all moisture, and does not regain volume...
  16. SDC Handmade Blades

    It's a type of Mahogany.
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1421 - 7 Wood - OFF- On the outside it doesn't look like much, but this blade is responsible for sending me on a spiral of experimentation with thermo treated layers 😅. When you heat a piece of wood to a certain degree, you cause all the remaining moisture inside the wood to be expelled, which...
  18. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1402 - 5+2 Inner - ALL+/OFF- This is a refurbished blade, it was made for a SP player but unfortunately it turned out a bit slower than expected, and not direct enough for his short pips. Howerver, it turned out to be a pretty decent looping blade with a softer Fh side, and slightly more...
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    A lot of interesting stuff to add to the website starting next week. Stay tuned!
Top