Search results

  1. SDC Handmade Blades

    Custom order, based on a Nittaku Goriki but with a standard head size. - Walnut / Walnut / Walnut / Walnut / Walnut - 101.2g - 5.1mm - 990Hz - Balance: 3.0cm (Med)
  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    This is not a blade for spin. It's relatively stiff, but quite slow on the Willow side, which will produce low arc disruptive shots by using LP's. The Spruce side, supported by a hard Rosewood layer, will help finishing the point using fast and direct shots. Available FS. - Spruce / Rosewood /...
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    Not having tried it myself I can't pinpoint exactly, but I've seen it look down on a Primorac Carbon.
  4. SDC Handmade Blades

    Very little bending if that's what you mean, but there is some out-of-plane deformation due to the thin textreme-carbon. That gives some sense of softness, which compensates for the high stiffness to some degree.
  5. SDC Handmade Blades

    No, this one is stiff as a brick! Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    You can just ask the owner of this one to have a go. - Kumamoto Hinoki / TC160 / Balsa / TC160 / Kumamoto Hinoki - 73g - 8.3mm - 1940Hz - Balance: 1.5cm (Very Low)
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    I have nightmares about it!
  8. SDC Handmade Blades

    Something like that 😅
  9. hipnotic, I call you out!

    Kiri's scientific name is Paulownia, you can have Paulownia Elongata and Tomentosa, which are two species that I use, I don't know if there are more. So, they aren't exactly the same, different density and hardness, but at the same time they are very similar. Same happens with Ayous and Samba...
  10. Carbon vs ALC/ZLC difference?

    That's not exactly true, every fiber has its own intrinsic properties like density, thickness, stiffness, hardness, feel, that will stand out if everything else is equal. What is wrong is to compare blades with different compositions, and attribute those differences to the top ply alone, or...
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    Custom order. - Koto / ALC / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / ALC / Koto - 89.5g - 5.75mm - 1421Hz - Balance: 2.5cm (Low)
  12. hipnotic, I call you out!

    If the wood is stable in terms of humidity levels before the manufacturing process, there is no reason for wood to crack. Wood only cracks if there is a change in the volume, either caused by expansion or retraction, and those can only be caused by moisture exchanges or temperature. So, if a...
  13. SDC Handmade Blades

    I haven't been posting a lot of penhold blades, that's my fault, I will try to do it more often. This one is a very light specimen, very stiff but relatively soft due to the AxC fiber. The low weight brings the speed down a bit, but it's still a very fast blade in the bottom of the OFF+ range...
  14. hipnotic, I call you out!

    I'm not sure what you mean by crack... Do you mean spontaneously break? Or break due to use?
  15. SDC Handmade Blades

    Mostly because the owner wanted it this way, the composition and handle design originated from his concept. The goal was to have a not too fast combi blade meant for SP on the Fh, with a more direct trajectory, and a safer arc on the Bh.
  16. SDC Handmade Blades

    Custom order asymmetric blade. - Kumamoto Hinoki / Hinoki / ZLC / Balsa / A-C / Ayous / Limba - 81.2g - 5.95mm - 1378Hz - Balance: 1.6cm (Very Low)
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    Yes I have.
  18. A blade with differing top layers and composite layers after top layers

    🤔 https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?19018-SDC-Handmade-Blades&p=349594&viewfull=1#post349594
  19. Blade sealing/varnishing question

    What you failed to realize was that I was talking about this specific case, and how this top layer reacted to being exposed to water, the sealer is irrelevant. Congrats on your 8 or 9 blades, I have made and sealed over 450 blades.
  20. Blade sealing/varnishing question

    It's called raising the grain and it's a common wood working practice, not just in blade building. If this were done before, he could have applied any kind of finishing without any problems. The point is that, those fibers that were raised, were already loose, so you really want to get rid of...
Top