Search results

  1. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks GinjaNinja. I already got the chance to try the first 2. Blade 20 plays like a stiffer Korbel, the composition is similar but the WRC gives it a little more power and less hollow feeling. It's great away from the table. Blade 21 is faster than it's frequency suggests. It feels a little...
  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    The black and white stripes are not wood, they are pvc sheets glued together. The colored part is dyed basswood, its a very neutral wood so it takes stain really well.
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    Finally got my hands on some limba! Blade 20 - Limba/Limba x2/WRC/Limba x2/Limba - 91.7g - 5.9mm - 1120Hz Blade 21 - Mahogany/Beech/Spruce/Beech/Mahogany - 90.2g - 5.8mm - 1200Hz Blade 22 - Limba/Basalt Fibre/Limba/Kiri x3/Limba/Basalt Fibre/Limba - 90.9g - 5.8mm - 1230Hz Blade 23 -...
  4. Seeking replacement for Hans Alser OC

    If you want to maintain a flexible feel i would keep the thickness of the blade in the 5.6-5.7 mm range. So, Koto - 0.6/0.5mm, spruce usually 0.8mm to get that springy feel, that leaves 2.8-3.0mm for the ayous core.
  5. Seeking replacement for Hans Alser OC

    To me it looks like koto. People tend to emphasize too much the outer layer contribution. In my experience, the medial and core are much more important in defining the blade's character.
  6. LF All Wood Blade like Korbel but with smaller head size

    The Donic Waldner Senso is exactly the same composition and thickness as the Korbel, but it might be a little head heavy beause of the senso handle. Xiom Offensive S seems to be Limba-Ayous-Ayous so it might be a little softer and slower. Tibhar Stratus Power wood is a little thicker thus a...
  7. Seeking replacement for Hans Alser OC

    They are nothing alike. Your version of the OC seems to be Koto-Spruce-Ayous, while the AR is most likely Limba-Limba-Ayous. The thickness might also be different. The spring effect you like is because of the spruce medial ply, so basically just find a blade with a similar composition. Avalox...
  8. Spinny aliexpress ruber

    I wouldn't consider it a normal tacky rubber, it feels more like an hybrid. Slightly tacky topsheet with porous sponge.
  9. Spinny aliexpress ruber

    Presto spin is a mediocre rubber. I don't know if i got a dud, but after 2 training sessions my red sheet looked like 2 years old, fully oxidized. The performance wasn't really that good to begin with, it only performed relatively well after boosting. I'm sure there are plenty of options if...
  10. SDC Handmade Blades

    I've done that with good results. However, in the case of template bits there's a limit. You can't sharpen them very much with risk of reducing the original diameter, relative to the bearing. Also, sharpening one side more than the other may cause imbalance in the bits.
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks Giangt. I will buy a quality router bit, mine are crappy chinese bits.
  12. Blade Builders Thread

    Anyone know where to get some fineline colored blocks/strips like the manufactures use in their handles?
  13. SDC Handmade Blades

    My first ALC blades. I had some trouble when routing the edges. Any tips from other builders to get clean edges when using composites? I also made some more experiments with dyed handles. Still not what i'm looking for, the color is not bright enough. Blade 18 -...
  14. Australian Open 2019 [Platinum]

    Zeio already working on the "Kasumi winning meme" :D
  15. Australian Open 2019 [Platinum]

    Fran beats Fan!
  16. Australian Open 2019 [Platinum]

    lol the referee decided to warn Lian Jingkun about his serve after the point was played and won!
  17. Australian Open 2019 [Platinum]

    Wtf is this on table 1?! Are they filming a documentary?
  18. China Open 2019

    I wouldn't say ML has the best BH in the world right now, that is very subjective, but he definitely worked on his consistency and is more confident in BH-BH exchanges. He beat FZD at his own game, by applying pressure with the BH instead of stepping around with the FH. I don't now if he is...
  19. New Butterfly Viscaria Blade - Core ply is 2-piece?

    I assumed they at least glued the core, very poor craftsmanship. I wonder if at least Butterfly does that...
  20. New Butterfly Viscaria Blade - Core ply is 2-piece?

    That's not what it is, it's called veneer tape, a very thin strip to keep veneers together while glueing. I glue my blades one layer at the time, so i can remove those strips, but manufactures glue the blade all at once so that strip remains inside. The core is different, there's a lot more...
Top