Search results

  1. SDC Handmade Blades

    My thoughts are that the difference between sides grows as the blade increases in thickness. Your blade is quite thin so those differences aren't very noticeable. Also, I think that the core may play a big part in this. Maybe a kiri core would accentuate these differences more than an ayous core.
  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    I recall you were curious to find how a thin blade would play, that's why you asked for such thin blades. So, even with the composite fibers, the blade isn't very stiff, as the frequency suggested. Moreover, Innegra is a fiber that adds less stiffness when compared to ALC or plain carbon. But...
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks! This one was really popular.
  4. SDC Handmade Blades

    Very interesting blade this one. It was born as an experiment and the result was good, it now belongs to a very good player. Composition: Black Walnut / Ayous / A-C / Kiri / A-C / Ayous / Black Walnut Thickness: 5.95 mm Weight: 88.4 g Freq.: 1442 Hz Balance: 2.0 cm (Very Low)
  5. SDC Handmade Blades

    I did! But it was my parents house so I didn't commit any crime :) Basically it plays like you described. Very catapulty, very high throw, very flexible. But it does have that slightly hollow feel of very thin blades like the all around classic. Harder rubbers are probably better for this...
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    Too bad it's fake bamboo :D
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    More quarantine experiments. This is my second bamboo core blade, only 5mm thick so it's very flexible (as the frequency reading suggests). Very high throw blade, I thought it would be a lot slower than it really is. Composition: Limba / Koto / Bamboo / Koto / Limba Weight: 85.8g Thickness...
  8. Question for Blade-Builders

    Very solid. It weighs 96.6g, which is fine for me because I'm finding I prefer to play with heavy blades.
  9. Question for Blade-Builders

    That is a neat feature. That's one blade that I probably wouldn't let go off. And I'm really jealous of that Redwood, it has a really nice grain pattern and color!
  10. Question for Blade-Builders

    You are right about that, but it's always a compromise. Kiri gives a lot of flexibility regarding blade design, but the feeling and power is different from ayous. I made two blades with Engelmann spruce when I started building blades. They were very solid as you pointed out, but one had a Ipe...
  11. Question for Blade-Builders

    It's curious you say that because I just built a blade using an englemann spruce core. But I don't find it that heavy, the density is ~410 kg/m3 so only a little heavier than the typical Ayous core.
  12. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks Felipe, I will consider you.
  13. SDC Handmade Blades

    Yes, these types of blades are very hard to make, the differences are always subtle and never as high as we hope.
  14. SDC Handmade Blades

    I don't want to disclose that yet. I'm not even sure this has the effect that I'm hoping, and I'm sure there is always room from improving, that's why I'm looking for testers.
  15. SDC Handmade Blades

    Not sure you get my point but ok. That's what I'm saying, it's not just about composition.
  16. SDC Handmade Blades

    I know there are plenty of asymmetric blades out there, I have made some myself. But those are variable hardness, not stiffness. Of course that when you create an asymmetric composition there is also variable stiffness to some degree, but not like this one has. This is not just an asymmetric...
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    More quarantine experiments. This might be the world's first variable stiffness blade. This blade was designed with a push-blocking game in mind, the BH side has more flex than the FH to create more energy dissipation. I'm not a push-blocker, so I will be looking for testers for this blade...
  18. SDC Handmade Blades

    No, they are the same wood, the black part is just a pattern that happens naturally Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thicker core and thicker over all, so it's stiffer. Makes sense. Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  20. SDC Handmade Blades

    Built this one some time ago for a member of another forum. Typical Boll ALC composition but with a slightly larger core. Composition: Koto / A-C / Limba / Kiri / Limba / A-C / Koto Thickness: 5.95mm Weight: 88.4g Freq.: 1507 Hz
Top