Here is a little short video that I just uploaded to show the difference of bounciness between PK50 and Rakza Z. Left PK50 2.0mm on HL-5, right Rakza Z 2.0mm on W968 provincial.
on low impact shots you have next to no catapult and you will need some time to adjust to that. If you are weak and have bad endurance that might not be for you. On the other side you can place balls extremely short with it.
I think these are some interesting thoughts. Of course it is a common understanding that beginners should start of with slower non-carbon equipment, but I don't think that this is always the best way.
If you start with table tennis late and you go the conventional route by using slow equipment...
Pk 50 Sieger is the only one available in less than 2.0mm. PK50 Sieger is slower and less catapulty than rakza Z. So it is pretty spinny but controlled in speed.
Rakza Z is on a shortage for several months already. You can still buy it from nishohi in Japan. They ship to Europe in less than a week
They are similar enough to not really care. I found the Rakza Z a bit spinnier. Especially on the backhand. I would use the Joola on the forehand rather
Vega X is one of the bounciest rubbers there is in that hardness range. If that is an issue, better go for something less bouncy like G-1 or even rakza Z, Joola GTPS or Nittaku PK 50 Sieger.
The list is sorted by bounciness (later being less bouncy)
I want to share that I bought an W986 provincial for a decent price 310€ at prott.vip.
Apart from the lacklustre tracking by EMS I am very satisfied. Took about 2 weeks to arrive in Germany
The Yasaka Sweden Extra will be enough for you and you could play with it for decades. It is controlled enough while offering good offensive capabilities.
If you budget is as tight as it is there is not much that would be more suitable to your requirements.
I would recommend the Yasaka Sweden extra definitely and for a beginner it is hard not to screw up glueing the rubber, so better have it done by a professional shop.
I would not go with Amazon because they mostly offer premanufactured blades for the very beginner.
You should go with a trustworthy online table tennis shop who will assemble the blade explicitly for you. That is why I asked where you are coming from.
Tabletennis11 is a great shop that will...
I am sorry to put it so bluntly, but if you struggle for power when playing backhand with a dignics 09c, then it is not the material but the technique that is severely lacking
You can definitely stay below 100$ with a decent starter racket. A good base is the Yasaka Sweden extra blade that is about 30$.
Given the budget you have to be a little picky about the rubbers, but it is definitely doable.
What kind of shop would you prefer to order at and where are you located?
It would be very interesting to see a side by side comparison of different topspin techniques and the best kind of rubber for these.
People with a relatively slow arm swing speed benefit from softer sponges in general and will struggle with hard sponges, since the low speed will not be strong...
I do like tacky rubbers like the Rakza Z or Sieger PK50 for my backhand and also found the dignics 09c nice (even for the forehand), so the G09c was the obvious choice. I am primarily going for spin and not power and do like the high arc the G-1 and Rakza Z allow.
Having something lower than...
oh, i was just refering to the three available versions, where only the most expensive one got a tablet. The other two cheaper versions (amicus expert and amicus start) have a manual control deck only.
If you really buy the most expensive version (which is the "prime" version) then yes you got...
Had a playing session with the Glayzer 09c today and even though there might be a benefit of learning this "new" rubber and adjusting the technique, i simply can't get excited about it.
For me coming from the G-1 on the forehand it is just way to unforgiving when opening up. Penetrating the...
i mirror the recommendation to us a hard and possibly sticky rubber on the backhand.
Good examples are:
Glayzer 09c
Rakza Z
Nittaku PK50
Joola Golden Tango PS.
Of these rubbers only the PK50 and the Glayzer 09c are available in thicknesses below 2.0mm. i would personally either go with the...
that is exactly my reasoning. having these soft esn rubbers makes receiving of balls that are fast quite a challenge, because you basically can not stop the ball from punching through to the blade and catapulting of into the night sky.
If you get the angle right it can work, but if you are good...