Search results

  1. I wasted 12 years of my life trying to play table tennis

    Winning is important in life for many things. Losijg comes with that but success is tied to Winning. Do we watch and celebrate Ma Long because he is a loser? Asking whether it is worth enjoying something without having grealt/professional success is a reasonable question.
  2. Thread about Japanese Players

    I have a different opinion from Takkyu, the Matsushima-Harimoto pairing is serviceable but this is not thebtike to play pnly serviceable pairings as you need to test. Since it is likely yhat only one of Shinozuka and Togami will make LA 2028 if either does, it will come down to doubles so you...
  3. I wasted 12 years of my life trying to play table tennis

    I guess you needed to watch the whole video before commenting. That said, i can tell you that many people who are decent table tennis players could have gotten better rewards investing their time in other things. So i think even if his conclusion had been different, it would have been...
  4. Thread about Japanese Players

    Good news or bad news for vehement Miki House opponents?
  5. I wasted 12 years of my life trying to play table tennis

    I shared the video because it resonates with me deeply and I started playing tournament TT at age 34. So does your post (and you are one of the people I met when I was much more active).
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Tried the Mizutani setup (blade plus Dignics 80) and I am convinced that his sponge has to be harder than what is commercially available lol. I am trying to use all wood blades plus Zyre to make my forehand engagement more consistent. It feels like ibut clearly I am nor used to soft rubber...
  7. I wasted 12 years of my life trying to play table tennis

    Philosophical reflections from a young man who didn't get to the top of the sport despite investing a lot of time playing.
  8. WTT Contender Lagos-2026 (19 - 24 May 2026)

    Its not Odo really, it is just a JNT thing. I lnow we want to see the choppers do well but there are rational reasons why they are not on thr JNT first team. Thwy just don't beat their teammates.
  9. WTT Contender Lagos-2026 (19 - 24 May 2026)

    Lind played a great final. Amazing variation and shot selection.
  10. WTT Contender Lagos-2026 (19 - 24 May 2026)

    Chirita is an extremely strong player, took a game off Wang once, almost losing to Chirita (who is #2 for Ochsenhausen, #1 when Togami is not around) doesn't mean anything. That said, I do hope Lind wins and develops a bond with Lagos, though Oh is the more stable talent and arguably the favorite.
  11. 2026 ETTU Champions Cup Women Final 4

    How do you make your team borderline unbeatable? Import He Zhuoja and surround her with Yang Xiaoxin and Han Ying. I wonder whether Hana Goda and Charlotte Lutz can put a dent in this tomorrow...
  12. "Fast" vs "Slow" Setups

    I was already 4 years older than you were when I started training. You don't have forever but you have a lot of time and health. I have seen olayers who were at your level at your age get to 2000 TTR but they were exceptional, not the norm.
  13. ITTF WTTTC Finals London 2026, 4/28-5/10

    https://timesca.com/kazakh-table-tennis-star-praised-by-fan-of-the-game-president-tokayev/
  14. ITTF WTTTC Finals London 2026, 4/28-5/10

    I don't think it is so much about just attendance, but whether there is a sponsor willing to lose money on the event. Kazakhstan has had rich dictators/billionaires willing to fund prestige events (chess/FIDE is my compass for this) and with Kiril and Alan doing relatively well, maybe there is...
  15. ITTF WTTTC Finals London 2026, 4/28-5/10

    I wouldn't be surprised if the London WTTTC underperformed financially and the sponsor wasn't interested in taking a bath twice.
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yes, those lower three fingers just add elbow strain in some way. I wish I knew the anatomical link but it doesn't matter, I have gotten less stress on my elbow just by using thumb and index finger as the focus.
  17. WTT Contender Lagos-2026 (19 - 24 May 2026)

    Chirita is a strong, young and improving player - no shame in losing to someone like that.
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It depends on the fitness/health of the racket side of our body and the leg on the other side but ultimately, the best quality always involves minimizing/limiting the upper arm range and maximizing the core rotation, especially when it comes to speed of preparation or optimality of follow...
  19. Discussion: Is it worth trying to slow the game down again?

    Part of the reason fewer people watch the main sport is that a lot of it is inaccessible unless you play it at a decent level. Making it more accessible makes it easier to play at a decent level and easier to market. You might be able to develop a game that fewer people will quit trying to get...
  20. Discussion: Is it worth trying to slow the game down again?

    One could aegue that no one is watching our sport either so I don't think that is the full story.
Top