Search results

  1. Whats the best and worst combos you’ve tried equipmentwise

    Best: Still searching, but every time I pick up my coach's racket (a custom Yinhe clone of W968 w/Dignics 05 and T05) I beg him to sell it to me. Alas, it was a gift so he's pretty attached to it 🥲. Worst: Hands down my old Butterfly VSG-4000 with AK47 Red on both sides. It was like playing...
  2. My bh rubber

    I'm a fan of Glayzer. Normally I would say it's probably too hard to play well on an old 5-ply like the Samsonov Alpha, but that is a slightly harder blade and I don't know your level or physical ability. It may be fine, but coming from something softer like EL-P you might find it harder to...
  3. 🌎 🇩🇪 TTD Forum Meet Up in Düsseldorf - September 11th, 12th & 13th 🇩🇪 🌎

    Now we know who they're talking about when they talk about toxic fans :ROFLMAO:
  4. My bh rubber

    Just a note, Glayzer is a big jump in hardness from your EL-P, closer to the Earth II in your profile. Probably a bit more of that Butterfly catapult. I love it, but don't expect the same soft feeling you get from EL-P. As for backhand, which Moon are you using now? Have you tried Moon 12 Blue...
  5. Mayer Rod glue spreader. The superior invention of all times.

    Huh. Now this is actually a nifty concept. Also known as "drawdown bars," "metering rods," or "metering bars." The diameter of the wire determines the thickness of the coating, down to the µm! I wonder what the ideal glue thickness is for TT rubbers? (As with much about gluing, it probably comes...
  6. Big Upset with W968 Golden Grand Slam Version

    But...why? 😶
  7. Any blades still in production similar to Xiom Hugo HAL or Butterfly Moonbeam?

    I don't normally disagree so strongly with subjective blade assessments, but I'm tempted to suggest you got a weird one-off specimen, or Xiom packed the wrong blade in your box... My HAL is 86g. I've moved onto another primary blade now but I picked up my HAL again a few days ago in training...
  8. Rubber packaging artwork

    There are too many good ones. I love Yinhe's space themes, especially the Moon 12 Blue and Big Dipper. Yasaka's various "___ Dragon" artwork is all evocative. But as far as something iconic and instantly recognizable, I think the Stiga Mantra are my favorites. Here's another one of those...
  9. Questions about old 7 ply blade

    I was gonna say this reminds me of the VSG series. (I still have my old VSG-4000!) Interestingly enough, Butterfly sells Sunflex balls on their main website, so Sunflex could be a subsidiary/manufacturer for them based in China. This would explain the visual and structural similarities to the...
  10. XIOM new blades, any review on Tetra, Artemis, Chrome or Indeed?

    On the one hand, those are generally what I would assume those terms to mean, but that is based entirely on my familiarity with blades; it's certainly left unclear to anyone new to the sport. (I think we agree here.) On the other hand, that definition of "repulsion" sounds like the direct...
  11. XIOM new blades, any review on Tetra, Artemis, Chrome or Indeed?

    That's how I read the graph. They use the same/similar system in their catalogs. What irks me more is the four qualifying measurements they use for blades: "catapult," "ball grab," "repulsion," and "precision." I'm fine with manufacturers having their own way of describing blade properties but...
  12. How to develop a style and be more agressive?

    The way I see it, there's sort of three approaches you can take. 1. Practice serve-third ball attack patterns. Develop a handful of serves that force your opponent to give you an attackable ball - not a loopable backspin ball, since that seems to put you into an uncomfortable rally, but ones...
  13. Some questions about Edge tape, Gluing, impacts on gameplay

    I would venture that this had more to do with you re-gluing your rubber than with the edge tape. More glue, less glue, tension released from the rubber, tension added to the rubber...there are too many other variables. Racket gluing is a very unscientific process that people try to make very...
  14. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    I'm sort of beating a dead horse by saying "everybody's different" but while some talented and/or well-coached amateurs can surely pick up D09c and learn to use it to full effect I generally agree with this statement the most. It's easy to fall into the trap of hitting a plateau in your training...
  15. Calderano Signs with Joola (#139)

    Joking aside purple rubber would look slick with that green & yellow handle...
  16. Is Dignics 09c a better FH or BH rubber?

    I just picked up a sheet of Glayzer...my first* Butterfly rubber since Sriver EL. @Gozo Calderano How long before the initial high wears off and I start to chase the pink-sponged dragon? *OK, I also own a D09c that was gifted to me but so far I've kept the lion in its cage...
Top