Search results

  1. Why amateur players should avoid fast gear and where power really comes from in table tennis.

    There were some that were told that rhey had started with equipment that was too fast and they should use something slower. They often didn't like it. But what I never did because they never seriously competed was get into aerve return training, which is usually where lots of interesting...
  2. Why amateur players should avoid fast gear and where power really comes from in table tennis.

    I can imagine - the fact that people are still using Tenergy more than Dignics speaks for itself. I find that most people who use Dignics will feel a need for carbon. Just goes with the territory.
  3. Why amateur players should avoid fast gear and where power really comes from in table tennis.

    Seems like in Europe you have very strict opinions about equipment. Thanks for elaborating.
  4. Westchester Open Jan 2026 Live Stream (Finals)

    https://www.youtube.com/live/gqeskMb1pgk?si=Pfjc-hPi1CjjHgFY
  5. 1. Bundesliga Women 2025/2026

    What kind of injury does she have? Having it still affect her so close to all the individual continental events coming up over the next few weeks is not good for her....
  6. Why amateur players should avoid fast gear and where power really comes from in table tennis.

    How is playing better/happier measured? Winning more matches against better players, losing less to worse players etc. Do you have a rating/ranking system and what were the changes as a result of changing equipment? Fewer injuries? And did any of the players take your advice, see it wasn't...
  7. Reading Spin + Tactics

    I was tempted to post the video on the Myth of the Perfect Forehand on one of Zezima's threads. I will pst this from ZJJ instead. Note some things he says about it being too late and the dangers of changing effective technique.
  8. 2026 Emperor's/Empress's Cup (aka All Japan) Jan 20-25, Doubles Jan 29-Feb 1

    Sora and Harimoto played one of the most intense table tennis matches i have ever seen rivaling (and for me surpassing) the Togami-Harimoto final two years ago. It was clearly the final before the final, I still wonder how Harimoto manages to keep up with some of those balls that Sora is...
  9. Why amateur players should avoid fast gear and where power really comes from in table tennis.

    We all being different experiences to this. I think a lot of coaching advice comes off wisdom that sometimes gets calcidied despite changes. Very few newbies are rich enough to come to a club with a fast blade and when they do, of course they would likely play better with something slower but...
  10. WTT Contender Muscat-2026 (19- 24 January 2026)

    Objectively define "significant" if you want to that route.
  11. 2026 Emperor's/Empress's Cup (aka All Japan) Jan 20-25, Doubles Jan 29-Feb 1

    Last year, the 4 semi-finalists were Sora, Shinozuka, Harimoto and Tanigaki. They were seeded 1-4 based on their prior year finishes. They all repeated, so Sora 1, Shinozuka 2, and Harimoto and Tanigaki 3-4. I don't know whether they randomized where they ended up in the draw but I somewhat...
  12. WTT Contender Muscat-2026 (19- 24 January 2026)

    Her setup is not even going to scratch 170 gs all in. With OX LP, it might be at best 30 g lighter. I get that 130g vs 160 gs might be a big deal to some as weight difference. For me, they are all the same. That's my point. I agree with what everyone has said, I personally don't find...
  13. Why amateur players should avoid fast gear and where power really comes from in table tennis.

    "Fast carbon and fast rubbers" is an interesting thing - there was a time when anything carbon was sometimes called fast, but fast blades was often a term restricted to Gergelys, Primorac Carbons and Sardiuses - in other words, extremely stiff T5000 blades. Viscarias and other ALC blades were...
  14. 2026 Emperor's/Empress's Cup (aka All Japan) Jan 20-25, Doubles Jan 29-Feb 1

    I thought Harimoto played one of the best matches I have ever seen him play and lost a close one in the 7th, Shinozuka will have to get lucky to win 1 and use voodoo to win 2.
  15. 2026 Emperor's/Empress's Cup (aka All Japan) Jan 20-25, Doubles Jan 29-Feb 1

    That said, it feels to me that Shinozuka's ball has more quality than Harimoto - Harimoto's blocks just feel slow....
  16. 2026 Emperor's/Empress's Cup (aka All Japan) Jan 20-25, Doubles Jan 29-Feb 1

    Over under on Shinozuka winning a game?
  17. 2026 Emperor's/Empress's Cup (aka All Japan) Jan 20-25, Doubles Jan 29-Feb 1

    Going back to Dignics 09c on forehand a good move for Miwa - expanded her shot selection tremendously.
  18. 2026 Emperor's/Empress's Cup (aka All Japan) Jan 20-25, Doubles Jan 29-Feb 1

    That game 3 win by Harimoto was a Champion's game 3. 6-9 to 11.-9.
  19. 2026 Emperor's/Empress's Cup (aka All Japan) Jan 20-25, Doubles Jan 29-Feb 1

    Of course, most interested people know this already but the finals is already live and is her: https://tttv.jp/video/13691#gsc.tab=0
Top