Search results

  1. What makes someone go from 1800 to 2000 usatt

    This is terrible advice - even if one gets lucky in the short tern, the long term mental stability damage is incalculable. Rating points can always be earned back and it is easy to get adjustments from a lower rating. What is more important is to take a process mindset and continue to improve...
  2. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2025 - 4-9 NOV 2025

    Kanak bosses Jorgic around... Maybe Kanak should play for Germany.. if Jorgic can win Euro top 16, why can't Kanak lol... harder to beat Hugo than Jorgic lol... just trolling, ignore me...
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    To I used to detest outer carbon for a long time - the first true outercarbon blade I played with as my primary blade was Joola Vzaryz Trinity and I used it with sticky rubbers. But after using the Garaydia ALC for a while as well, I just became used to it. Ultimately, I am convinced that in...
  4. Butterfly Zyre 03

    Exactly. You know what works best for you. Never having seen you play and not knowing your playing level, if you are an experienced player, I assume you made your choice based on a lot of play and experience. I am pointing out that if what you said was true as a physical phenomenon and not...
  5. Butterfly Zyre 03

    Agreed, but he said that all wood is faster on certain shots, I want him to tell me what these shots are and which pros are demonstrating them with all wood blades. People come up with all kinds of interesting claims but they don't think through the implications of what they are saying for...
  6. Butterfly Zyre 03

    Sure, find the pros who are using such blades to produce extra speed and let me know their names. Even Gauzy had to switch and is now getting the best results of his career. Not saying that I am a pro, just testing this logic.
  7. What makes someone go from 1800 to 2000 usatt

    IT's one point in a match. Your rating is not based on one point in a match. In fact, I once asked a 2250 player who hit a cool around the net shot on a 2550 player whether it was better to hit the coolest shot or to win the match. He said he wishes he had done both, but he had to settle for...
  8. What makes someone go from 1800 to 2000 usatt

    This is exactly correct, and the good thing is that it is possible to play better using this approach without working on all the issues in your game - in fact, your game can have major issues and this approach will still largely work at improving your performance. I wouldn't say strengths and...
  9. What makes someone go from 1800 to 2000 usatt

    While such shots are cool, no one gets an improved rating from hitting trick shots. You do it by getting better results in matches against players at the level you are trying to reach.
  10. Butterfly Zyre 03

    It definitely isn't faster on an all wood blade, not sure anyone ever wrote that. To answer your question, no I wouldn't play better with Dignics on all wood classical 5 ply other than maybe a Mazunov because it holds the ball too long. Tenergy, "maybe", but I left Tenergy because I found it...
  11. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2025 - 4-9 NOV 2025

    The difference in level is so much it wouldn't matter.
  12. What makes someone go from 1800 to 2000 usatt

    I don't know about 3 months, I wouldn't put a time on it,but the most important thing is not so much training as to expose yourself to 2000 level competition on a regular basis especially in leagues so you can figure out how you win and lose points against them and gain the confidence to handle...
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I get you 100%. As someone who spent most of his playing life using all wood blades, usually 5 plies like Korbel Speed, and made rhe jump over time and mostly using sticky hybrid rubbers like D09c or slower rubbers like Fastarc to give the feeling of continuous control, I would say that the...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    You would be shocked if I told you the frequency of the innerforcr T5000 I used. Mazunov has good rebound but its frequency is also relatively low though it is stiff. And whej I first used Mazunov, it was a major step up in speed from what I used previously and I used it with Fastarc C1. In...
  15. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2025 - 4-9 NOV 2025

    Hana Goda is so ambitious. You can imagine her having a goal of one Champions win this year and getting frustrated at every missed opportunity and saying "Today is it!"
  16. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2025 - 4-9 NOV 2025

    Ito reverses her result as well so now both Odo amd her have good draws to QF having beaten problem opponents. Thakkar gets a good win for him over a really strong opponent. Groth doesn't like playing Harimoto and nothing has changed there.
  17. WTT Champions Frankfurt 2025 - 4-9 NOV 2025

    Odo figures it out in the end. First result reversed!
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I uae a Super Viscaria at 84g. I don't know whether it is my choice of weight but I don't feel the lack of control some do.
  19. Sabine Winter switches to antispin

    Hashimoto gets good draws away from her teammates: ah, awesome, she is playing great. Winter gets good draws away from Hashimoto and her teammates: well, she is getting good draws away from Japanese players. Bernie beats Chen Xingtong: Bernie is such a warrior and knows how to get into CNT...
Top