Search results

  1. Club table

    Hi. My school purchased some Decathlon Tables. Here is my comparison to other tables-an old Double Fish table and a DHS table. All of them bounce quite ok, but the decathlon surface feels the roughest and cheapest made. It is quite playable and good for practice, you don’t really feel much...
  2. Replay of 2003 WTTC final - president cup

    Ma Lin wants a rematch against Joo Sae Hyuk too for losing to him at 2003 WTTC
  3. My $1000+ setup, my opinions on Golden Viscaria + Zyre 03 2.7mm

    How much do you think the price of Tenergy line decrease after Zyre introduction. Also, would there be an introduction of a successor of the D09C? Like Zyre 09C? Knowing that Zyre 03 is a sort of blend with the spin of D09C, but with the speed of D05, would they come up with a closer to Chinese...
  4. Penhold Xu Xin vs Liu Guoliang Forehand

    I also think that Liu’s stroke is overall shorter so that as a short pimps player, he can flat hit earlier forcing his opponents away from the table (which he was very good at). Also, in the 38mm era the sport was certainly faster, hence lessened need for such long strokes for power. On the...
  5. My $1000+ setup, my opinions on Golden Viscaria + Zyre 03 2.7mm

    Maybe enhanced edge protection with the very much thicker sponge. I was wondering, with the sponge at 2.7mm, wouldn’t it be very heavy? Or is the sponge very porous.
  6. Information about DHS Hurricane Long 5/my path to switching to shakehand.

    Hello, I just want to give my input here. Just now, I played with a friend, and he let me try out his bat-a Fang Bo B2 with H3 Blue Sponge FH and I think D05 BH. I really really liked this bat, and I was surprised overall on how nice it was to forehand. This was the first time I used D05, and...
  7. Target versions - What are the differences ?

    Blue Packaging Labelled, “Target Pro” Seeing target 3 pro blue sponge with that blue packaging, it looks like this. Topsheet labelled 62-001, with old design. Also found this, but doesn’t explain the shiny covered gold or red ones. All these are labelled 62-001, and have the old top sheet...
  8. Share your Racket's Photo

    Main setup: DHS Long 5 Prov Target 3 National Blue Sponge (FH) Target 3 National Spring Sponge (BH) $45+$13.49+$22.76 Impulse buy setup: Sanwei T5000 Double Fish Volant 1 41 degree (FH) Double Fish Volant 2 37 degree (BH) $10.21+$13.23+$13.23 After vouchers and etc ~$3
  9. Sanwei Hyper Gear vs. Sanwei Target National for Forehand – Which One is Better?

    I’ve tried Target 3 National Blue Sponge, it’s really nice. I’ve heard negative comments about gear hyper, and Target being cheaper too makes it a better deal. Compared to Volant, target 3 National is spinnier, Volant is faster. Target has more spin than Volant. Throw angle is lower for...
  10. Target versions - What are the differences ?

    I’ve seen the actual blue cover, and it’s blue sponge too.
  11. Target versions - What are the differences ?

    The black cover is Target 3 National Blue Sponge, Silver is Target National orange sponge, Gold is Target Pro orange sponge, Blue is Target Pro Blue Sponge. There is another silver packaging Target 3 Pro, newer version of Target Pro, orange sponge. Just a taught, but does Pro mean Provincial?
  12. Information about DHS Hurricane Long 5/my path to switching to shakehand.

    Hello, an update on my journey to shakehand, and more long term on Sanwei target 3 National. Yesterday was my last day of school. I’ve completed examinations and finally can start playing tt more often. I met my training buddy and played tt with him. He plays OX long pimps and H3 forehand...
  13. Information about DHS Hurricane Long 5/my path to switching to shakehand.

    Ok, here is a week plus review. The Sanwei Target 3 National Blue Sponge is a rather fast rubber. Just slightly slower and skinnier than Volant 1. I found that it was a little softer than Volant 1 at 40 degrees, so I suspect medium hard is 39 degrees. It does have quality and spin, and overall...
  14. Information about DHS Hurricane Long 5/my path to switching to shakehand.

    Alright, so I glued the rubbers. Glueing Target 3 National was hard, much harder than H3 Neo, Volant 1&2, Yinhe Big Dipper and even Pimps, Yinhe 955 0.7mm sponge. The sponge of Sanwei keeps disintegrating and flaking off, leaving the edge unsightly and full of chunk out parts. I’m using the...
  15. 2024 Sanwei Target 3 National

    Correction: it’s a different kind of sponge. A pale white Japanese style sponge like Rakza 7
  16. What the H3LL did I get myself into this time....

    Try those pesky hook serves with 100% hiding rates. Hey there’s no TTR, and none of those defective things-angles. Why can’t they just put it perpendicular to the table baseline centre. Done deal.
  17. Information about DHS Hurricane Long 5/my path to switching to shakehand.

    I will. There isn’t many proper reviews of it, I’ll see.
  18. O

    Shakehand transition

    Shakehand transition
  19. Information about DHS Hurricane Long 5/my path to switching to shakehand.

    Hello, an update I played with one of my friends yesterday, and he thought me about technique of shakehand. Have to say it was priceless, instrumental in getting me much better. My forehand now is quite consistent, and I don’t face the go over table issue. With more play I was able to know how...
  20. do you guys think this equipment will match me

    Hmm, not sure. Do you want to stick to Butterfly or DHS? I guess you can consult your coach who knows you best. Don’t think one needs a W968 at this age
Top