Search results

  1. BEST MEDIUM PIPS for both chopping and attacking?

    I roughly agree with this chart, although you can attack fairly easily with P1V compared to most long pips. I've actually used all of these except P4 to varying degrees. P2V is still considered a medium pip because of the aspect ratio (and it's classified as Out on the LARC instead of Long)...
  2. BEST MEDIUM PIPS for both chopping and attacking?

    I haven't played with P2 in a really long time, but I might give it another shot sometime soon. I would personally say Super DO Knuckle easier to use than the regular version, however Nittaku's numbers would seem to imply the opposite. They claim Super has a greater knuckle effect, with both...
  3. The Pro's Equipment - Discussion!

    Xiang Peng uses C55 (maybe I already knew this) Yiu Kwan To uses Yuanjian Zhantian Clearest photo in awhile that Hayata is back to 09c. At the All Japan she was using Zyre 03, then at some point briefly switched to Genextion, but began using Dignicas it seems since around the time of the WTTTC.
  4. BEST MEDIUM PIPS for both chopping and attacking?

    You may be familiar with a woman named Honoka Hashimoto
  5. BEST MEDIUM PIPS for both chopping and attacking?

    I have used 388D-2, but only in 0.5 with the red damping sponge, which was so slow it drove me crazy. P3a is very good, but I've only tried it in OX and I haven't used it in a very long time. I'd probably like it and P3 a lot more now, but playing against higher level players (>2000) with OX I...
  6. The Pro's Equipment - Discussion!

    I looked back at him again and his backhand is actually Dragon Power. I think this is either 55 or 57.5 because the code appears to have a 7 in it (55 is 070, 57.5 is 071) This is a slightly older photo, but no other rubber looks like this except VO>101
  7. BEST MEDIUM PIPS for both chopping and attacking?

    Yeah you probably want Super DO Knuckle which I'm currently using right now. The control is extremely high given the soft sponge, and the horizontal alignment makes gripping the ball much easier when attacking. I'd suggest trying it in 1.0mm as a compromise since you haven't used it before. I...
  8. The Pro's Equipment - Discussion!

    Viscaria + H3 Neo Blue Dignics
  9. The Pro's Equipment - Discussion!

    This was from earlier this year. This was from Ljubljana. I imagine it comes down to wanting to represent China and Chinese brands and putting them on equal footing with the top international brands, but that's just my take. Also does anyone know what this Yuan Licen blade is? Thank you...
  10. The Pro's Equipment - Discussion!

    I've been trying to figure out what shoes Hina Hayata has been using because I liked the colorway. Turns out it's a limited edition shoe called the Wave Medal HS that will be out in July. Speaking of shoes, I noticed Zong Geman is wearing the Mizuno Wave Medal 5. However, before she used to...
  11. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2026 June 16-21

    Just the blade.
  12. The Pro's Equipment - Discussion!

    Just confirming Kihara switched to Speedy Soft XD Not to be confused with Speedy Soft XD D.TecS, which is the hi-tension version. Kihara was ripping some absolutely disgusting backhands during WTT Zagreb. Correction here. I forgot Sonic AR and DO Knuckle share the same rubber design.
  13. Purple Long Pips for Chopping

    You can check the whole list here. The only long pips that are actually violet (and not pink) are Lion Trapper, Clutter-LP, 388D-1, Hellfire-X, Spectre, and Fakir. A friend of mine use to use Hellfire X and that was very nasty to play against, but I'd get 388D-1 because of the cost.
  14. The Pro's Equipment - Discussion!

    Kallberg using a regular TB ALC now. Butterfly says he made the change at the end of May. Chen Yi switches to Zyre. No more Stiga for Oikawa. Fan Zhendong Super ALC with Dignics 09C and Zyre. Shan Xiaona using VO>103 (vertically aligned, and if you zoom in you can see the upside down...
  15. The Pro's Equipment - Discussion!

    This is a great question and one that I've come back to a lot recently. The answer is, unfortunately, no one knows because of the grip tape. I posted a link where the ITTF interviewed her, where she said she was using the Goriki, Hurricane 3, and Do Knuckle (1.2mm sponge, which is custom made...
  16. The Pro's Equipment - Discussion!

    Probably any preboosted Chinese rubber like Battle II or Dianchi. Noticed a lot of equipment changes during the contender Skopje. Hitomi Sato: Dignics 09c -> ZYRE. Yang Wang is also using Zyre so it isn't unprecedented. Sakura Yokoi using Viscaria Super ALC. Also appears she is using Zyre...
  17. Stiga DNA Dragon Grip Review

    Dragon Power 52.5 is much faster and bouncier (both used on Ebenholz VII), which I didn't like because Dragon Grip is really linear. The spin is very good, but it seems noticeably less than Dragon Grip. I'd like to try Dragon Power 55 for a more apt comparison. As jk1980 said, Dragon Grip has...
  18. The Pro's Equipment - Discussion!

    It's very hard to find and very expensive. Here's one store in Taiwan that has it: https://tw.bid.yahoo.com/item/101444389241 "紫金王朝 紫海綿 黑色". I know I've found it on Taobao before, but I don't have a Taobao account so I'll have to spend some time looking for it. VS Unlimited Nittaku says...
  19. The Pro's Equipment - Discussion!

    Donic Defplay Senso (ST), Lidu EA777 (purple sponge), Spinpips D2 (1.6mm)
Top