Search results

  1. WTT Contender Zagreb 2025 Jun 24-29

    I sometimes wonder whether Yuan Licen is really a CNT member or whether he trains in the proverbial Liu Guoliang basement....
  2. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2025 June 17-22

    This is an incredible match in the level of cat and mouse. Hugo's commitment to the first strike is absolute. Congrats.
  3. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2025 June 17-22

    That's why I want yo see him play Felix and Truls. To see whether he has truly improved or whether he will be exploited with variations of the same old play. Those guys are wily coyotes. He did struggle against Alexis but Alexis is not a true believer in holding the table or hitting the...
  4. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2025 June 17-22

    I don't think they are worlds better as much as that he is committed to attacking hard behind them and holding the table a bit longer. He still gets too comfortable extending the rally against some players to his detriment.
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Trying another equipment switch will see how it goes. I tried the Viscaria SALC when I got it with D80, D05 and D09c and settled on D05 because D80 didn't "spin" as as much as I wanted at that time. But was that really true? Time to find out as I use the SALC with D80 for a bit and see how it...
  6. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2025 June 17-22

    Of course you are allowed to criticize Harimoto, stop exaggerating like Shine, the issue is that your criticism comes from a place where your lack of exposure to top level.players and coaches shows in how you make recommendations that many other top players have tried and failed to implement...
  7. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2025 June 17-22

    I am exceedingly positive on youth. But Harimoto knows the assignment and has worked hard at it, but the gaps are still real and no one knows whether they can be plugged. But he is young enough that one can only hope. But none of that addresses his current and past gaps and that is what was...
  8. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2025 June 17-22

    For sure he is a bit of a head case. But so are many good players. Time will tell.
  9. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2025 June 17-22

    Well, there is always another tournament. I am not as down on Togami as you are, and I was more happy for Darko because these events need their home champions to keep the crowd extra engaged. While Togami has dominated the results, the matches have always been close. He was due with the home...
  10. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2025 June 17-22

    Given how the match went, he really can't complain.
  11. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2025 June 17-22

    Jorgic defends his house!
  12. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2025 June 17-22

    He just had a serve toss hit himself lol. This is interesting... but it is a consequence of illegal serves close to the head so this one I am happy for.
  13. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2025 June 17-22

    Oh, home court is home court, it doesn't always produce positive results but it is what it is. Togami almost choked that game away, but I guess his winning streak fortified him. But that level of choking is not a good sign for him, hopefully he will do better for his own sake. Serving off the...
  14. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2025 June 17-22

    Whether he wins or loses this, this is a supreme choke job from Togami...
  15. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2025 June 17-22

    How so?
  16. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2025 June 17-22

    Can Jorgic defend his house? Or will Togami take his dominance over Jorgic to where Jorgic pays rent... stay tuned...
  17. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2025 June 17-22

    A very good win for Alexis over a ZQH that seemed to be getting back to his good form. Could easily have lost it too.
  18. Video Footage Safe Thread

    He is a better player yes, but I don't see it as being about speed or spin, though you played him and know how you felt. You seem to have played pretty well or close to your top level even without your rocket launcher and you know this or you wouldn't post the game. But the two times you...
  19. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2025 June 17-22

    On MYTT, a very high level pro and coach (now long retired) argued that Fan Zhendong would lose his level when he plays in Germany. My response to him applies to Zhu Yuling, I think: when the best player in the world loses his/her level, he/she just becomes one of the best players in the world.
  20. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2025 June 17-22

    She must be surpassing everyone with those stats...
Top