Search results

  1. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    You can't have two times 500 points - only your best continental result counts. So no, Hugo would be well above LYJ even without his 500 points. Maybe you can show your math of how you get him being below LYJ.
  2. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    Again, Hugo would be top 4 without the 500 pts from the Americas.
  3. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    Okay. We will see, though it is weird to debate hard facts. It is easy to remove the 500 points continental from both Felix and Hugo and see that it does nothing to their seeding and that they would still be top 4. That said, the goal is here is largely to have fun and discuss, we will see...
  4. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    May and June would start with Saudi Smash and end with SC Ljubljana. I think there is far more yes than no there. And the trend upwards speaks for itself but if you want to weight all the periods equally, that is definitely your prerogative.
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Anyone should be able to serve and kill routinely vs significantly lower rated opponents on at least 20% of points, maybe much more if their style and footwork is focused on it. The issue is how to do so against opponents with better serve return skills or fourth ball defensive or counter...
  6. Worst Pro serve?

    I use that serve all the time. First of all, it isn't necessarily a dead ball. It is a plain backspin vs no spin serve. The backhand use makes control easy and reduces recovery demands especially if you are a two-winged player who likes to open backhand or push backhand. Finally the lack of...
  7. DTTB Announces Paris 2024 Lineups

    I clearly comprehended what was written, Solja is a better player than Winter, Waldner was a better player than Kong Linghui, Liang Jingkun was a better player than Calderano, fitness had nothing to do with it. Maybe you are bosom buddy of thr coach that tried to get Solja off the team because...
  8. DTTB Announces Paris 2024 Lineups

    Oh, my level is on tape. Do you have video to share to show yours? Anyone saying Solja doesn't play physical is clearly not a TT player. In fact, Fukuhara complained that the amount of spin was beyond what she was used to playing against.
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Everyone is different for sure but I wouldn't overstress movement at the current playing level you are at, I would focus much more on hitting a quality ball with heavy spin and let the movement phase in over time. As I have said before, stroke planes are different for many players and as long...
  10. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    The timing of the losses and the results of rematches are important IMHO. Form wise, he has been borderline unbeatable in May and June.
  11. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    Fun fact: Calderano had been eliminated by the eventual bronze medalist at the last 2 Olympics.
  12. DTTB Announces Paris 2024 Lineups

    Of course I did, stop pretending you are not trying to fat-shame Solja for whatever reason you prefer.
  13. DTTB Announces Paris 2024 Lineups

    Solja was a very physical player, her ball quality was extremely high, confusing relative footwork with physicality is again speaking to your level more than reality. Being stronger and heavier gives the ball more power and is a tradeoff with being lighter and quicker. I do think the maturity...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I wish I could coach you, don't let footwork drills send you to a life of nagging injuries, the requirement to bend the knees is overrated unless you are going to play at an extremely high level and do the self care of a true athlete. Much better to develop reasonable technique, understand how...
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I have to send you Hinoki ALC with National DHS and Dignics 05. It will cure you of Rambo looping tendencies and turn you into a controlled topspin player like me!
  16. Spinsight

    Yeah is it strictly Apple IOS at this point?
  17. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    Yes and no. On the men's side, I think Calderano is a clear favorite and arguably Lebrun is as well. Thr one guy who plays well vs Calderano is Harimoto, but they haven't played in a long time which might mean Calderano may have flipped things with his current form but that is unknown. But...
  18. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    So after all was said and done, Hirano is seeded where? And all the overrated continental Europeans ans Americans ended up where?
  19. DTTB Announces Paris 2024 Lineups

    It says more about your understanding of athleticism and TT than it does about the players. Solja was by far the better player regardless of how athletic Winter was. This is not unique to Germany either as Liang Jingkun still exists as does Sun Mingyang or even Wang Tao, all players who took...
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Soft rubbers, well, I will keep my opinion to myself. If they work for you, great. But I would argue that the FX series are probably more reliable even then. But if you are the Chosen one who can play high level quality shots with Rakza 7 soft consistently, good for you, I am not that guy...
Top