Search results

  1. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2024 06/11-16

    Ma Jinbao makes it, Kanak does not.
  2. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    That was the player's choices. If Mima or Miu had done better in the prior qualification events like Hina had, they could have played some of those Star Contenders like Doha and Contenders to the degree they really wanted to, but let's be real, few players miss national championships to...
  3. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    Thanks for the call out. He gets it, you are just criticizing with the assumption of perfect foresight while diminishing the issues that drove some of the Japanese decisions. Hayata managed to maintain her ranking despite all the things that you have pointed out. Harimoto also has a great...
  4. Beginner looking to build a solid racket

    Most coaches develop players the way they were coached and developed, and the stereotypical Chinese coaches you are speaking of are very technical and are very good for learning juniors or ambitious athletic adults. Regardless, all good coaches take into account the nuances of the player they...
  5. Beginner looking to build a solid racket

    I would listen to you. In fact, I am waiting for you to actually display your strokes and to show how the backhand is so different from the forehand that everything I have written and said, based on my experience training and coaching, is flat out wrong. Since I am speaking from experience, I...
  6. Beginner looking to build a solid racket

    Well we have a pretty small TT community in the US so everyone tends to know everyone. I used to be a staple of TTEdge.com videos at one time. I just got injured then got married and now other things have mixed priority with TT. But I enjoy and love the sport and do what I can to support and...
  7. Beginner looking to build a solid racket

    The swing mechanics are different but it is easy to overstate how different they are. Your arguments sound to me like saying that left and right handed players are so different that there is no similarity between them. Or that the strokes are so different that pronation and supination are not...
  8. Beginner looking to build a solid racket

    Okay. If you read carefully what I wrote, you will see that I made the point you made and still made the claim that once one swings relatively well on both sides, there is little need to make a sharp distinction between what one can play with on both sides and that there is no different in the...
  9. Beginner looking to build a solid racket

    Spin is generated broadly the same way regardless of technique. It is like saying that throwing a frisbee from left to right across your body is completely different from throwing a frisbee from right to left across your body. There are aspects of human physiology that make certain things...
  10. Beginner looking to build a solid racket

    I disagree that they are hugely different strokes, but the point here is that a lot of this comes down to philosophical approach and coaching.
  11. Beginner looking to build a solid racket

    That's one argument for sure, but this is not where it applies since this kid wasn't part of a group coaching system where he came out on top. The US is different, this isn't group coaching, this is a kid that a parent bought to a club and paid the coach to train him from beginner level and the...
  12. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2024 06/11-16

    Saw it in my youtube feed
  13. Beginner looking to build a solid racket

    I know a kid who started with a faster blade and ended up USATT 2300+. I know another who was on that path but not sure whether he is still playing because covid affected a lot of things including bis interest in the sport. Their coach worked with them almost from day 1 though. What I am yet...
  14. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    It is weird that Shin maintains that good ranking though she has some events she will have to switch out coming in June and maybe July. But I do not see how Hirano can cover it. But Miwa will overtake Shin for sure before Olympics.
  15. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2024 06/11-16

    Pistej beat Milosz... it is hard to make predictions lol.
  16. Beginner looking to build a solid racket

    You can adapt technique to your equipment as well, it is a two way process. And for a beginner, this is somewhat more important in the beginning, it is the advanced player that focuses more on adapting his equipment to his technique as his technique is them established and he has a better idea...
  17. Beginner looking to build a solid racket

    It ia better to just buy something reasonable and get a lot of good instruction on how to use it than to think that whatever you buy is more important than the instruction and coaching you need to get to use it properly. The instruction and coaching is way way more important than what you...
  18. Beginner looking to build a solid racket

    Not necessarily. It is like saying that one needs to use do way more pistol squats with your favored leg than your other leg because your favored leg tends to be stronger. In reality, developing technique is a process, in fact, depending on how you want to develop, there is nothing wrong...
  19. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2024 06/11-16

    Tough draw for Kanak. Beating Milos will take a miracle.
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    My coach felt that if you could loop no spin with quality then your loops against topspin and backspin would automatically improve so he liked to use short pips, long pips and anti spin in his practice quite a bit. It is part of the reason my game is so heavily focused on spin and much less on...
Top