Search results

  1. .

    I can confirm. Even on a 1.8mm (2mm measured) sponge and stiff All+ wood, Spinfire is fast and powerful.
  2. Switching to a old style tenergy setup for ease

    Time for pips, block, chop and push. Looping only on BH. Until you recover or lose all TT friends.
  3. BEST MEDIUM PIPS for both chopping and attacking?

    To buy more, and never know what will be. Never tried Saviga. My P3aV is very gripy, not comparable with 388C-1 or 3. 388D-1 is closer, as soft and long pips rubber.
  4. BEST MEDIUM PIPS for both chopping and attacking?

    SDK = Nittaku Super Do Knuckle Dawei 388C-1 and 388C-3, for me they are similar as example of very hard and not gripy pips.
  5. BEST MEDIUM PIPS for both chopping and attacking?

    How strange, people can have very opposite impressions for the same equipment. I tried green 955 in ox and nothing from my set of hits worked effectively. With 1 mm custom 45 degrees sponge behaved better, but spin was less than P3aV, even less than P3V. MP are more consistent in contra...
  6. Different (fiber) blade philosophies

    Never had issues with the glue on my H3Ns, boosted with falco platinum. I am using Sueke and DHS No 15. I can recommend provincial TG3 BS as H3 alternative. Topsheet quality is better, but the sponge hardness is lottery around 58 shore O.
  7. BEST MEDIUM PIPS for both chopping and attacking?

    Spend some time with the robot comparing pips. 388 D2 was with a custom 1.3mm 52 degree dense sponge. Added SP for fun, D3 in 1.5mm. The rest are the same as on the table. Blocking topspin: Ilius B > SDK > P2V = Ilius S >> D3 > 388 D2 Attacking short underspin: Ilius B > D3 = SDK > P2V = Ilius...
  8. Different (fiber) blade philosophies

    In general, flexible 5ply is for beginers. For someone advanced, the same 5ply can be a limitation. If you rely on looping with chinese rubber, try something faster and stiffer. Classics like Cliper CR can be a step-up. Step two can be an inner carbon blade with a soft top layer. Such as JRE...
  9. Different (fiber) blade philosophies

    Looping with H3 requires more brushing and less punching. Longer arc with higher speed, all body in motion. More flex = more contact time = easy looping. Also, more flex = higher throw = easy looping with low throw rubbers.
  10. Different (fiber) blade philosophies

    In general, H3 (as typical Chinese rubber) is harder and difficult to engage. So, blades with some flex can improve that. But, H3 also lacks speed, is bad at blocking - and we are back with the faster and stiffer blade just to cover the issues. For example, Long 5 can be a middle ground for me...
  11. Ukrainian blades

    The maximum amplitude is at 914 Hz, close to my Goriki Danshi 960Hz. The second frequency has many times lower amplitude. I am lazy to convert the 10 dB difference in audio power to mechanical deformation.
  12. I accidentally made a Chinese rubber insanely tacky — so I started experimenting

    Yes I did, don't remember from where I take the idea :cool:
  13. I accidentally made a Chinese rubber insanely tacky — so I started experimenting

    My provincial TG3 BS has better durability than the provincial and national H3 BS. Unfortunately, the QC of sponge hardness is the same. Always clean with water and covered with non sticky plastic foil, with a drop of water underneath. There are many products that claim to improve rubber...
  14. 3 New Andro Rubbers

    I can think only for H3N OS, provincial versions are cheaper than Chintac. H3 requires extra maintenance - boosting, prevention of surface oxidation and mental straight to accept the bad QC.
  15. Hybrid suggestions for someone coming from H3

    I like linear rubbers that can chop, so it is normal to have different impressions from most. Never played with NUZN, but Vega China is looking better than Chintac after less play time with Chintac. My rough estimation will be half life of XVC, quater of provincial H3 / TG3 BS, or 50 hours in...
  16. Miwa's footwork for receive

    I think she can attack easily when her legs are active. Also, she has a shorter reaction time. Her posture is like a loaded spring, bouncing around the table looks natural to me.
  17. Hybrid suggestions for someone coming from H3

    Andro Chintac is closer to H3 than the new Xiom Vega China. Chintac 52.5 is slower (but faster than non boosted H3 BS), lighter, linear, spinier and with better control. Topsheet and sponge are fragile, so I don't expect a long useful life. I found it to be the best H3 replacement during the hot...
  18. Hitomi Sato

    Probably in the past. Currently, Honoka Hashimoto is using Nittaku H3 turbo and Do Knuckle.
  19. Hitomi Sato

    She is using P1V 0.5mm, Zyre 03 and Diode pro.
  20. Defensive setup advice

    Do you know the weight of your Diode V? I have it at 106g and is a very solid blade that is stiffer and faster than 980xx. Closer to inner carbon blades. IMO, Diode V is for very advanced choppers that need extra speed for contra offense. For pure chopping at amateur level, 980xx is the better...
Top